Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

Format: MP3 MusicChange

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on December 9, 2010
I didn't realize until about a week ago that Flyleaf was even releasing a CD at all, but I'm very happy they did. "Remember To Live" seems to be more like songs that would go on a "Memento Mori Special [extended] Edition CD" or something. The only thing is, most of these songs were written along time ago & were put on here for fans. About a year ago, I remember going to the bands' website where there was a poll - it was before "Memento Mori" was even close to being released. The poll asked the fans what song they would like to see "re-done" on the new CD. The choices were many, but it included the hits on "Remember To Live" like "Believe In Dreams" & "Amy Says". Both of them were rated very high in the poll, and they both are on this new EP. So, for that reason, you can obviously tell that the members of Flyleaf do really care about what their fans want to hear & I absolutely respect that.

"Justice & Mercy" remix, written for the soldiers, is a great new version of the song. Very inspirational & Lacey's vocals are just magical, as always. "Okay" is also a great song. It's very blunt & right to the point & has a wonderful edgier sound. The male backup singers almost sound like a Gregorian Chant at times, and IMO, I think it's very neat & well done. "Amy Says" is a good song. This song was one that was written years ago & then made into a demo, but never reached an album or EP til now. It's not one of my favorites, but like mentioned before, the fans voted on this one & it's here, so that should say something. "Dear My Closest Friend" is absolutely beautiful. Lacey's vocals along with the sweet, quiet guitar opening almost creates a very haunting sound. Then, when you finally listen to the lyrics enough, and you establish what the lyrics really mean, you find that you have felt that way about yourself many times. The song title refers to her - she's her closest friend - I love this! "Light In Your Eyes" is another very pretty, soft song. Wonderful tune, great lyrics, great feel, and again - Lacey's voice is just enchanting. "Believe in Dreams" is another one of those old written demos but never made it to an official CD songs. It's good - but not one of my favorites of Flyleaf's in the whole grand scheme of songs. But, again, the fans voted for this one, and to my knowledge, this song has always seemed to be a fan favorite demo for some reason. "Arise - remix" closes the CD, and it's a good version. I do have to admit that my immediate first thought when seeing Ben Moody did it, I thought that it would just "rock my socks off" - - but my socks are only about half off at this point. It's good, but falls short of the power this song *should* have behind it. It lacks any REAL feeling. The new opening beat sounds more like a 1990's Chemical Brothers or The Prodigy song. Then, the chorus hits, and that's where my socks start to come off a little - it's heavier & sounds great with the original music behind the remix - but then it's back to JUST that 90's beat in the next verse, and it's definitely not a home-run remix. Still fun to listen to though, as the song does end well and finally leaves the old 90's vibe behind itself.

Overall, I recommend it to any/all Flyleaf fans. It's a wonderful addition to your collection & it's nice to just relax to. I'm very happy that they did this & I can't wait for more - which I'm sure will be awhile considering here in the next 2 months Lacey will not be able to tour due to having her son - how exciting is this next year going to be for them - especially with her having her first baby?!! So, eat this up now to help pass the time!
on December 7, 2010
This EP will be the last music we get from Flyleaf for a while, since Lacey is having a baby in a couple months and plans on taking close to a year off. Thankfully, nothing on this EP disappointed. All the songs are somewhat on the softer/acoustic side, which deviates from a lot of the harder stuff that many people enjoy from the band. Each song is beautiful in its own way, and they deliver positive and powerful messages, which is nothing new if you're a fan of Flyleaf. Don't go into this album thinking you'll be listening to screaming and shredding guitars. The finally officially-recorded tracks Amy Says, Okay, Believe In Dreams, and Dear My Closest Friend are wonderful. The single new track, Light In Your Eyes, and reworked versions of previously recorded songs, Justice & Mercy and Arise, are also incredible. A great album for any fan of the band.
on March 4, 2011
Since hearing the raspy screams of "I'm So Sick", I've been in love with the sound of Flyleaf. This album was a disappointment I'll have to admit since it is mostly very, VERY, soft music. However I cannot see giving it anything less than a five(I'd say 4.5 if it would let me)since the music is all very good. Lacey's voice is as mournful sounding and beautiful as ever and the songs leave a lasting impression on me. The standout song, in my opinion, is "Amy Says", of course this is the only song with any distortion in it so I may be biased. The remix of "Arise" is good though I prefer the origional since it built up to the ending climax that marks the chorus in this version, I also miss the old chorus that they replaced. All in all a solid 'half' album... just next time give us something a little harder, ok?
on October 13, 2013
I imagine many of Flyleaf's fans were initially drawn to the band for Lacey's talent to scream. I have to say I love this CD because it displays her wonderful talent to sing with true passion and emotion. I'd almost go as far as saying this is bordering on worship music. I believe Lacey is full of the Living God's Spirit and it is discernible to me while listening to this particular CD. I would love to see Lacey move into the worship arena. She reminds me of Kim Walker when bringing forth her vocals. I enjoy the debut screamo Flyleaf and this as well if not more. Diversity shows the amount of talent this band had. Sorry to see Lacey go but, I hope the Lord will use her in the future for His glory. Well worth adding to your Flyleaf collection as are all their CD's in my opinion.
on October 17, 2011
On a trip to California, I heard one song on the radio. I Shazamed it, and found it to be Again, by Flyleaf. Being the impulsive buyer that I am, I decided to purchase each and every album of theirs had to offer, and I can say I don't regret it at all. Flyleaf is a great band, and this is a fantastic album. It strays from the hard rock with songs like Justice and Mercy, and Ben Moody's remix of Arise (possibly my favorite song) is one of the first remixes I've actually liked as much as the original song.
I can definitely recommend this album to anyone looking for some good music from the present (opposed to all the pop and rap, which I can't bring myself to describe as music).
on November 20, 2012
When getting Flyleaf's latest album, New Horizons [+digital booklet], I noticed this EP released between Memento Mori (Amazon MP3 Exclusive Deluxe Version), and their newest album. And I'm glad I found it! These songs have a softer feel compared to their full-on rock jams on their full-length albums, and I personally prefer that to songs with full bands and electronic effects. My highlights are "Justice and Mercy (Violent Love Version)", "Dear My Closest Friend", "Light in Your Eyes", and "Believe in Dreams", but all the songs are great, even Ben Moody's remix of "Arise". I recommend this for any Flyleaf fan, or fans of good music.
on December 22, 2010
I have highly enjoyed listening to this album many times since its recent release. You can just feel the emotion behind every single lyric. Justice and Mercy almost brings me to tears every time I hear it. Yes, it is true most of the songs are not as heavy instrumentally as their other stuff, but it is still a very powerful album. Truly an album for the hardcore Flyleaf fan because it does contain "underground" music not officially released elsewhere...until now that is. Even if you are not a hardcore fan this album definitely deserves a listen.
on March 17, 2011
Recently I started playing my Flyleaf playlist a lot more and I got this CD while I was at it. I didn't love every song on it, but it was still well worth the price. Justice & Mercy and the Arise Remix are my favorites and get 5/5 stars. Those alone where worth the price for me. The others I like where Okay and Amy Says, the other 3 weren't as nice, but still glad I got the CD.
on March 23, 2011
If you are a true Flyleaf fan, you will have already bought this EP. The tracks show the softer side of Flyleaf, a side that any Flyleaf fan loves. The tracks are super amazing, my favorite being the acoustic version of Justice and Mercy. This is a definite must buy for anyone who even remotely likes Flyleaf.
on December 27, 2012
While Christian rock isn't my typical favorite, I cannot deny the power and beauty in Lacy's voice. I find that her twists with words and throaty sounds strong and enticing. I love the brutality as she pull deep sounds. Really this is great album.