Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Remin Kart-a-Bag Concorde III
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Price:$105.99 - $125.00

on July 29, 2012
I've had a job for the last decade or so that requires me to regularly move boxes from my car weighing about 80 pounds. I've probably purchased about 20 luggage carts in that time. Every six months or so, a bearing goes bad, some folding mechanism wears out, something snaps. Then I run to the nearest Staples or something and buy whatever crap have on the shelf.

This time it's different. This thing is *solid*. All the stress points are welded. It's steel, not plastic or aluminum. It looks like it was made by an engineer, not some generic supplier just trying to get a product to market in bulk. It even folds up into a pretty small package, small enough that you could put it into carry-on luggage. Five stars. Worth it.
on October 21, 2012
I have had 3 of these carts over the years, and taken them around the world by air, bus, car, boat and on foot. The problem with wheeled luggage is that they are fine in the airport, but when you leave the airport they just don't hold up to real world. Given that this is an excellent cart, I have had three concerns.

1] As the other review suggested, they are 'tippy', too narrow. I carefully stack my luggage and avoid slanted surfaces.

2] Airlines restrict putting heavier carts in overhead compartments, danger of falling on someone. They rarely enforce these regulations, they are ridiculous. Anyone who has watched in fear as fellow passengers struggle a huge hard case luggage in the compartment over their heads knows what I mean. Why are they OK but a cart dangerous?

3] The bungi cords built in are great, but also technically illegal on airplanes. I had to remove mine in the Pisa airport. I have learned how to use straps and all is ok.
on October 4, 2012
It is made sturdy enough, it isn't cheep looking. But mine tends to tip over. If you are using something like this for travel you almost certainly have more than two suitcases, all suitcases come with rollers, so you are looking at 3+ suitcases or large boxes of some sort. It is 12" from outside of one wheel to the other outside of the wheel. The lateral forces when maneuvering through an airport mean it will often tip over to one side or another. If you have 3 hard sided "bags", don't expect the bungys to hold the bags in place. The base alone is 12"x9.5"; I'm working with 3 bags each of which have exactly 62" for w+d+h; I cannot return it to an upright position without another spill (if the bag extends more than about 9.5" beyond the base. I haven't found a better option other than using the carts provided at many airports (not all), or porters. Without this, in a situation without porters or carts, you'd have some issues.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2012
I've been through three different rolling carts in the last 5 years and this Remin Concorde III is by far the best! It's strong, lightweight, and is the smoothest rolling cart I've ever owned.
on August 26, 2009
From the pictures, I would have thought the Concorde III to be larger, but it's not (see my picture with a shoe box). I wish I would've taken a closer look at the dimensions. I'm 6' and it comes up to my waist. It would be good for smaller boxes or things you may be able to carry on your own with multiple trips, but if you regularly move larger items, I would suggest getting a heavier-duty model like the CONCORDE V or the SUPER 600. The quality is ok and it's held up well through the back-end of a Minnesota winter.

If you're carrying a load taller than the cart, it can be tough (and dangerous) to connect the bungeed hooks to the awkward tiny holes that are the only place to secure them. I've cut myself on the hooks and snapped myself a few times doing that. Probably the biggest negative is the base is not very long (9"), but it's a couple inches off the ground--so if a box hangs over at all and isn't secured, it can tumble off in dramatic fashion.
on December 15, 2012
This cart is great for the streets of NYC and its potholes. Takes and lickin' and keeps on tickin' as they say.
on June 23, 2015
I've had this cart for probably over 15 years, using it for many artist trade shows and hauling bags and wide portfolios in airports. It's sturdy and well-made but has some design flaws.

As some other reviewers stated it's not wide enough and if you have say, 30 lbs of wider luggage and go down a suddenly uneven area on a ramp or over an uneven raise in concrete the cart will tip over in a circle-ish manner and torque your wrist. If I manufactured this cart I'd make it so the wheels could be extended 1 or 2 inches more on each side, and then slid back in again. A way to deal with this flaw more or less is to go over uneven surfaces toting the cart behind you with both hands.

It's also not made for taller people with longer legs, my feet sometimes jam under it while walking and it tips it over. I'm 6' 2" tall which is not all that tall, and a cart should telescope at least beyond 42" to work well for me, this one is at 41".

It's also designed to stay upright by a metal piece jamming against another metal piece, and they wear down. My cart won't stand up straight anymore and falls over, but it took about 9 years before this started to happen. Still, it should be redesigned so it locks in place with another easily release-able system. Maybe they've redesigned it since then, I can't tell from the mediocre pictures they have on their site (Remin).

Lastly, I noticed Samsonite has cancer-causing warnings on their carts now, something California doesn't like must be in the plastic (and probably the handle you touch). I wrote to about this and they never answered, so I don't trust that this one is clean.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 2014
This is my 2nd cart in 10 years. You WILL get your money's work out of this product
on February 23, 2014
This is a very well made cart. I had one made by Kart a Bag before, when I was hauling drums around the snowy streets of Chicago. For like 5 years. Never had any problems with that one either, all you need to be sure and do is spray some oil on the moving parts. It can make a huge difference! --Oh one thing on this particular model-- be sure you know what the size is for your applications. This one is NOT BIG ENOUGH even for a 18" bass drum for all you drummers out there. This is really intended for small pieces of luggage and the like. Get your tape measure out first before ordering!!
on April 14, 2014
The overall quality is very good. Nice and sturdy. I am using it maybe outside its intentions. I have a piese of luggage where the wheels fell off. Yes,I am hard in it. Anyway,rather than spending $250 or so for a new bag,I tried the cart. Bag fits,rolls wonderful.
My only issue is not a wide wheel wise as the bag. So it can be a little tippy. Other than that. Nice cart.

See 1 answered question