I bought this with a coupon and I paid about 40% retail total. I was curious about the blood tracking claim as I know blood is not UV fluorescent without Luminol.

Published on November 25, 2011 by Spanky Mcdooble

2.0 out of 5 stars WORKED GOOD WHEN IT WORKED
I used it thru deer season and with home repairs ie. attic and crawlspace. It worked good for a solid 3 months. However when it quit it was sudden and forever. I tried 9 different brand new batteries none of the lights came on. What do you get for $20.00? Answer = junk.
Published on March 3, 2012 by A. L. MCNEAL

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and somewhat effective. Not a high quality headlamp, but blood tracking is surprisingly effective, November 25, 2011
This review is from: Remington Blood Tracker 3-N-1 LED Headlight, RMBTHL-B (Tools & Home Improvement)

The body is plastic but feels solid. The battery door seems better made then similar energizer headlamps. The main beam is bright enough but is bluish in color and has lots of rings and very little spill due to smooth reflector. The button on one side turns this light one/off the other button controls the red night vision and purplish white blood tracker LEDs. The red LEDs seem to be a focused LED. The blood tracker LED is not focused and gives a nice smooth flood. Overall build is about what I would expect for the price point or a little better.

It is in the middle of hunting season here and to my surprise the blood tracker LED causes red or brown blood spots to show bright yellow/orange. I'm not sure how this works my 365nm UV light does not do this. The only web info I could find just says combination of colored LEDS. Well there is 2 LEDS of same color that turn on in blood tracking mode and they are purplish white.

I would recommend this light for non flashaholics or anyone who likes to hunt at sundown. I am keeping mine just as a curiosity. If you want the best quality headlamp buy a zebralight but expect to pay 4x as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for tracking Deer, November 12, 2011
If you do not have a blood tracking light this is a good one along with the Remington flashlight Remington RMBT3AAA-B Extreme Track Blood Tracker Flashlight I own both. If you have not used a blood tracker here is how it works. Deer move around at dusk. Many are shot just before dark and run after they are shot. When you set this light to tracking it filters out the other shades of color and you only see the red of the blood. Making the deer very easy to find in the dark of night. Then you can turn on the white light and dress the deer. I will be using mine over the thanksgiving hunt in Wisconsin.

Rayovac ALAA-24 UltraPRO Alkaline AA Batteries, 24-Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, June 1, 2012
JNieporte (Ohio, United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I've read all of the reviews on here before buying, but I have to base my review on the product I received. I got mine for $15 from Meijer. But let's assume it was the listed $21. It's still pretty good. Remington lights are made by Rayovac.

The main LED is a Cree, but I'm not sure what type. Listed output is 70 lumens for 3 hours; mine tested at 76 lumens for the first half hour, then it steadied to 57 lumens for an hour, then dropped to 45 lumens for about 90 minutes. Overall, this is pretty good and is actually much better than I expected. The beam is nice and smooth, with no artifacts. I did detect a bit of blue tint in mine, but it's only noticeable when looking at white walls. In real-world use, it's not even visible. The LED sits behind a deep, smooth reflector. Useable distance (for me) is about 80 feet. To turn on the main LED, press the right-hand (if you're wearing the head light) switch. Press it again to turn off; no multi-mode, no dimming.

The left-hand switch operates all of the other modes. Press once to turn on two 5mm red LEDs. These help preserve night vision, and are advertised as lasting 22 hours. Mine lasted 28 hours on fresh batteries before becoming unuseable.
A second press turns on the blue blood-tracking light; also two 5mm LEDs. This is advertised as lasting 20 hours; mine lasted 25 hours on fresh batteries. The blue light is good to read by, and works pretty well for finding blood drops. Like another reviewer said, it will also pick up anything red or light brown. For blood, it works as advertised. Even dried blood lights up somewhat.
A third press turn on the flashing red LEDs. These are the same LEDs used for the normal red light, but they flash at a rate of about four pulses per second. They last 70 hours according to the package; I didn't test them.
You have to cycle through all of the modes to turn the light off, or you can press the right-hand switch to turn the lower-output modes off and the high mode on. With the high mode on, pressing the left-hand switch will turn it off and the low mode on; there's no way to use both at the same time.

The batteries are changed by pressing in a tab from the top, and it's easy to do. The headlight tilts with an average ratcheting system. I'd like it to be more positive, but it's still better than most at this price. The headband is wide and adjustable. It will fit any adult-sized head, but may not go down to youth sizes.

Everything considered, I'm really satisfied with this headlight. Even at the Amazon price of $21, I like it. A 70-lumen, multi-mode, blood-tracking headlight for under $60? Hard to find.

5.0 out of 5 stars Remington 3-N-1 LED Headlight, November 15, 2011
Just recently purchasing the Remington Tracker flashlight for a gift, I know the quality of this brand over the years. My husband hunts and on early morning hours you need a headlight like this to get settled in when you are walking through the brush of the water areas. It is reliable and adjusts well to fit on your head. Matter of fact, this is our second one purchased as the first one my husband gave to our son-in-law!

2.0 out of 5 stars WORKED GOOD WHEN IT WORKED, March 3, 2012
A. L. MCNEAL (Kansas City, MO) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for young to old!, December 29, 2011
Blessings2000 (Longview, TX USA) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my 7 tear old grandson for Christmas and he just loves it! The item seems very good quality and sturdy. He did drop it a couple of times and the batteries flew out, but then again, they do the same thing every time I drop the remote controls! The 4 lighting settings are great and he used the hands free benefit to search for lost items with his 'miner's light' shining. He is and I am very pleased!

1.0 out of 5 stars no light, December 17, 2011
the light worked very good to start with but it quiet working after two weeks and its not worth sending back for refund !but when it workedit was very good !

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke one day after the return date was invalid, December 1, 2013
eric chaney (fall river, ma United States) - See all my reviews
Had this light for exactly one month and a day and it stopped working while in the forest. Thanks goodness for a backup flashlight. I thought it was the batteries but after replacing them 3 times realized the product was broken. Used it approx. 7 times in the woods hunting. Poor product life. I liked the product initially but after realizing that I could not return it because it was one day over decided this was not a good investment. Not sure the price justified the amount of uses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, November 26, 2013
Exactly what I order actually was better than I thought .....get one love it ....will by more if needed thank u..

1.0 out of 5 stars Quit working after 2 weeks. :(, November 18, 2013
It worked great WHEN it worked. It only worked about 2 weeks then broke. Item was NOT abused, or gotten wet, etc. We use headlamps all the time and was very disappointed with this. Skip this one and try something else.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›