5.0 out of 5 stars This is one BADA** Roller Set!!!
Published on May 4, 2011 by Emily jean B.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mostly Happy With Them so far!
Published on February 8, 2012 by jojaz

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one BADA** Roller Set!!!, May 4, 2011
This review is from: Remington H9000 Pearl Ceramic Heated Clip Hair Rollers (Misc.)
I am a Professional Hairstylist and Makeup Artist who does several weddings a week. I live in the #1 wedding destination spot in the continental US. I swear by these rollers!!! They get very nice and hot, and the velvet on the rollers makes it easy to start the wrap around the hair. The create a beautiful, lasting curl (used in conjunction with a good flexible hairspray, lightly sprayed on the dry strip of hair and then combed through). I live in a VERY humid climate, so these things are miracle workers.

The clips included with this set are great for the back of the head, but around the face I use the Conair Salon Pro Clips (these things are amazing!), to be certain there are no marks of indentation. (The clips with the set are a great concept, but do make a mark if the hair isn't over-directed before placing the roller. Remington should really think about redesigning them to resemble the salon pro clips).

I have brought other sets, only because they looked more "professional" and take up less space. I figured if they cost $100 (and up) they MUST be better. NOT so much! These other sets performance paled in comparison. I have had SO many people say this set has held a curl better than any other they have tried. I currently have 2 sets. One is a few years old and starting to lose the super-heat, but I use these things MUCH more than the average person, sometimes needing it to be hot for hours on end. For the results, and $30 some-odd bucks, I'll keep buying them until Remington no longer makes them. I just ordered another brands $80 set to try them out, but I have a pretty good feeling I'll be returning them for another set of these.

I am not someone working for this company, I swear! I have gone through SO many roller sets in my life, and I use them A LOT. I am so impressed with these. Remington needs to make a stand-up version so I can fit them on my station!

GET THESE- but def get the Conair clips too!!!

(NOTE: I have experienced that the first few sessions with these rollers are not as hot. These need to be "broken in". After a few uses, they will get more hot. This is common with many heat elements, they need to slowly reach the maximum heat to ensure a long life. )

5.0 out of 5 stars Remington H9000 Pearl: AA hair, January 3, 2011
I had to review this product. I was a little afraid to buy it, considering the reviews but I took a chance and am so happy. These rollers were on the rack for about five minutes and in my hair for about the same time. When I took them out I had perfect ringlet curls! The rollers were not too hot to touch. I paid 30 dollars for them on amazon.com and I am thrilled with the product. I recommend these! If it helps I have layered hair that comes just below my shoulder blades and I am african american. I just blow dry my hair, leave it a bit damp, put chi heat protector spray on and roll my hair up. These are perfect! Plus the clips hold well and they dont feel heavy in my hair. The fact that the clips are pink is a plus.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mostly Happy With Them so far!, February 8, 2012
jojaz (NEW WINDSOR, NY, United States) - See all my reviews
I had read all the reviews on these and other rollers on Amazon because I was looking for a new set of rollers. I have been around long enough to have used ALL the different kinds over the years, the origianl clairol hot rollers, rollers with steam, caruso rollers, travel sets, including conair flocked large (my favorites)I needed a new set with enough rollers to do my entire head. When I saw these rollers at Walmart, marked down below $30.oo I bought them, knowing they were a good deal. But I went into it knowing some of the drawbacks ahead of time...
PROS: Heats fast, flocked covering, enough for the whole head, soft waves,very shiny hair(due to rollers?) heated clips
CONS: Horrible clips,(won't keep rollers in tightly), weird side slit on roller, but so far haven't experienced tangles, I face the slit to the mirror when I roll and that keeps the hair end around the other side,huge case that doesn't fit on counter and forget about traveling with them, would take half the suitcase, small rollers too small for my needs, but that's me,clips DO leave a line on your hair but it comes out.
I don't hate them, and I watch very carefully that I don't let them get too hot. All electric rollers can burn your neck, your ear or cheek, stuff kleenex between you and your skin!
If your hair is full of static in the winter, spray your brush with static guard and it won't be anymore.
I think these rollers do the job for me. I have shoulder length hair,and it's fine, one length, tapered front to back. I use the rollers so my hair curls under a little and I hate the pulling and tugging of styling with a dryer and brush because my hair gets frizzy. My hair is smooth and shiny after using these rollers but I also find they don't produce a tight curl. I am going to buy different clips to see if they stay in better.If I were to choose another set to buy, it would be the conair set with the large rollers and the jumbos but I was afraid the jumbos were not going to be tight enough.They do come in a smaller case, but there are fewer rollers.
Hope this helps. I think this is a roller set that some people will like and some will not like at all.

UPDATE 2/19/12 I had my first "melting" incident, two of the clips somehow melted against the heating bar inside. One of the clips then cooled and fused togehter and I had to remove the spring, cut it apart with scissors, then put it back together. I did buy the other clips from Conair, and frankly I think they are only marginally better. Next time I use the curlers I am going to try the old metal clips saved from my older hot curler models. As for the curlers, I hope it's my imagination, but they don't seem to be getting as hot and I've used them under 10 times. I'm starting to feel disappointed in this purchase...

UPDATE 3/24/12 Don't buy these rollers. I am going to be either donating them or giving them away. They don't get hot enough, they leave ridges on your hair, the large rollers aren't really large enough and the overall size of the unit is hard to manage on a small bathroom vanity. The rollers don't seem to have any heat retaining core, the clips do deliver heat to the hair, but as mentioned, leave ridges. I did buy the spider claw like clips to substitute, those leave ridges as well and don't deliver any additional heat to the curl. Will have to buy yet another set of hot rollers. Frustrated that I can't return them (purchased in walmart)

UPDATE 7/15/12 Donated them to goodwill and purchased a Conair set with 4 jumbo and 8 extra large, same size as the Conair travel set that I also have. They have a flocked covering, and the slit opening. If you remember to face the slit to the mirror when rolling, you will not tangle the hair in the slit. Do not love the plastic clips, leave ridges (that come out, btw) so I use an old set of metal ones that do fine on all but the 4 jumbo rollers. This is a great set of rollers! They heat quickly as promised and create soft curls. I use them practically every day and hope they last a long time so I don't have to go thru this again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest hair investment I've ever made., March 27, 2011
I am a die-hard hot roller user. I was a little bummed out when I realized that the Remington Ceramic Pearl rollers were a velvet texture, as I am also a great investor in thermal-set. I knew there was no using thermal set with these rollers, because it would ruin the velvet shell of the roller.
I have very thick, moderately long, naturally wavy hair. *PAIN IN THE BUTT* The rollers initial heat time is around 90 seconds, and there is a curl-set time of 5 minutes. I got my entire head to look like shirley temple in less than 30 minutes, with no need to retouch. The curls lasted in both bounce and shape all day and... even after waking up in the morning!
These rollers are great! I will never go back to the standard plastic-and-pin models. Also, you'll never see me buy thermal set ever again!

Literally the only downside is that the curlers sit on a heat bar, so there is a slit in every roller. My hair tends to get caught in it. Yeah. It sucks. But it takes half a second to get it uncaught, and I'm back to business!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, January 26, 2011
I really love these rollers! I have fine hair and I was worried that these rollers would not stay in my hair but they do! The two sizes are perfect for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Produces nice curls, December 19, 2010
Amazon Customer "goldngemgal" (St. Leonard, MD United States) - See all my reviews
Please note I purchased these hot rollers from another brick-n-mortar store. I think they work fine. They heat up exceptionally fast. I did learn recently that if I plugged them in too soon and left them sit, they get really hot. So hot, in fact, that two of the rollers melted then fused together when they cooled down. I was able to pull them apart and still use them. I do wish the unit had a heat control function; unfortunately, it's either on or off, that's it. Luckily, even though they go get quite hot, you can still handle them if you do so fairly quickly. I have shoulder length hair, which is pin straight and very baby fine, and I can roll & unroll my hair in <10 minutes. As soon as I'm done rolling my hair, I start removing the rollers starting with the first one. I get a nice loose curl, something similar to what a body-wave perm would produce. All-in-all, I'd recommend these.

1.0 out of 5 stars not good for thick long hair, February 3, 2011
This set does not work on my hair, which is thick and shoulder length. The curlers do not hold heat long enough to get a curl. The clips do not hold my hair to the curler and by the time I'm done setting my hair the first curlers I have put in are already falling out. The grip from the clips is not strong enough, even when I put very little hair in the curlers. Also, the clips leave a line in my hair which doesn't happen when curlers have the standard wire clip. I can understand where this might work if you have very fine hair, but if your hair is longer and thick avoide this product. I'm going back to the 'standard' ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great heated rollers!, June 21, 2011
I hesitated to purchase these because of the very mixed reviews. I got them today, and I LOVE them. The set itself is larger than I expected, certainly larger than any heated rollers I have used before. The rollers are lightweight, but that means they don't fall out of my hair. The surface grips the hair very nicely, and the clips hold securely. I love that the clips are heated along with the rollers. I highly recommend this set to anyone looking for heated rollers.

5.0 out of 5 stars No buyer's remorse, March 10, 2011
I had anxiety at first, to spend so much money on a product through the mail. But I was very relieved when I got them. They heat up fast and really put some bounce in my flat hair. The rollers come in two different sizes, 8 small and 12 large. The heated clips are perfect for adding lift at the root of the hair, it made my hair have lots of volume. With the ceramic it literally took the static right out of my hair.

I have used them several times now and I am happy with the results of my hair - every single time. Best investment I ever made.

1.0 out of 5 stars Going back tomorrow, December 2, 2010
Don't waste money. Even after 20 minutes the rollers were only "warm". Left in for another 15-18 minutes, barely curled, got stuck to the rollers like velcro and my hair was frizzy with awful static all day no matter what I did. Worse ones I ever used, they are being returned tomorrow.

Remington H9000 Pearl Ceramic Heated Clip Hair Rollers