1,290 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars So nice, I bought it twice!
I bought the predecessor to this beard trimmer more than three years ago, and loved it. After carelessly dropping my old one I broke it, and am back for another.

Pros:

* Scrolling wheel height adjustment.
Published on December 22, 2009 by Donald Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Works great but-
The good: the trimmer works great!

The bad:
1) no charging stand.
2) it has the short life NiCad batteries instead of the more modern NiMh.
Published on April 11, 2010 by Robert P. Giese

5.0 out of 5 stars So nice, I bought it twice!, December 22, 2009
Donald Smith (Martinez, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remington MB-200 Titanium Mustache and Beard Trimmer (Health and Beauty)

Pros:

* Scrolling wheel height adjustment.
----> A very nice feature, the height holds well, unlike some trimmers. You can use pressure against your face and it won't retreat to a shorter height setting that creates a thin spot.
----> After only two or three times, you will know how high you want it. For example, I always trim my beard on a "6" and my mustache on a "4"

* Removable head to trim beard edges.

* Strong motor/ blades provide pain-free trim.

* Holds its charge for a long time. (I charge it full before I travel, and don't even bother packing the charger, because I trust it to function the whole week.)

* Shaver head lifts easily to remove stray hair that gets into the motor area.

* Cordless -> To avoid having to clean the bathroom after a big trim, (If I didn't trim for a week or so) I will take it in the back yard and set it 1 setting higher ("7" instead of "6"). Then I give it a quick hit to get rid of the long hair, and then return to the bathroom to finish the detail work.

Cons:

* It will need a place to lay flat, or a pouch to hang in. It doesn't stand on end, and the charger unit plugs into the base (at the bottom end of the demo picture).

* I did mention I broke my old one. I had removed the height guard, and was emptying the hair from under the shaver head. The pivot is plastic, and while I had it open, I dropped the shaver. It landed head down (of course) and the pivot broke. Totally user error, but it is a weak spot.

----------

Final Thoughts:

I love this thing. It provides a quick clean trim. I would say that it usually takes no less than 3 minutes for a quick trim, maybe as long as 8-10 minutes if I am going to detail the edges after a month of quick trims.

I highlighted some cons for a fair review, but I have nothing against this razor. It trimmed well for three years, and was still holding a charge for weeks when I broke it.

(I liked it even more after trying the Remington PG350 Precision Deluxe Rechargeable Personal Grooming Kit. I bought that quick because I needed a trim, and it confirmed how well this razor worked, and shaped my thoughts for this review. To compare to a bad item, check my review of that item.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Length Settings, March 29, 2011
7: 11.0 mm / .43"
8: 14.0 mm / .55"
9: 18.0 mm / .71"

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good trimmer, October 24, 2007
I was about to shave my beard off about two months ago having been feed up with keeping it trim. I used a trimmer intended for hair cutting and it did not work well at all, especially the incessant hair pulls. I noticed this trimmer on Amazon and its good reviews, so I ordered one. I've used it now for the last two months and very pleasantly surprised by the results and ease of use. No more hair pulls and the trimming head never needs lubrication. I especially like the height adjustment mechanism. I've yet needed to recharge it over those two months. I wish it had a charge indicator but nevertheless, given the results, I highly recommend it and have to rate it 5 stars.

Update#1: as of today 11/14/2011 the Remington trimmer is still going strong with performance as good as on day one. I wouldn't change a thing in my review of this trimmer except to add longevity to its attributes.

Update#2: as of today 11/01/2013 the Remington Trimmer is still working fine after all these years of use, albeit, I get fewer "trims" per charge and needs to be charged more frequently. I believe the secret for the batteries longevity is to resist charging it after every use and charge it only when it is completely discharged (almost fully depleted). These NiCad batteries have what is known as a "memory effect" and if you continually charge it before it is completely discharged, this will effectively lower the amount of charge it can hold (short answer to long explanation of this effect). Also, overcharging by leaving it on the charger too long, will also cause it to discharge quickly.

Update#3: as of today 06/01/2014 as expected, my trimmer is slowly going south. I now can only get two full trims per charge. I fully expect it to get worse quickly now. When I'm down to one trim per charge, I may take it apart and try to solder in new NiCad's if the ones in the trimmer are the standard AA size. If that proves too complicated or time consuming, I'll spring for a new one. I'll try to remember to post the results here in another update. I know it's not cost effective to try to repair it, but my curiosity will get the best of me and the trimmer itself, still does a good job on my beard and mustache.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great deal, November 9, 2006
I was looking for a cheap trimmer for my beard, which I usually keep pretty short. I bought this without seeing it in a store. I think I had seen that it had good reviews here, and it was under thirty bucks, which I figured was a good limit for something that is only going to last so long. I didn't need anything fancy. I got exactly what I was looking for, but I'm surprised how well it works. There aren't any parts that seem like they'll fall apart, and it's got a great feel in the hand. I like the action on it a lot. My first trim was immediately better and much quicker then the previous trimmer I had (which had died on me). I think this is a great deal for someone who needs an occasional shave of a beard. I really like it. Nothing fancy but it gets the job done very well. I can't think of how it would be better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Updated version of faithful product, August 9, 2005
This appears to be an updated version of a Remington trimmer that served well for many years.

After a months use, I can report that the stability of the trim length setting has been improved, and the trimmer blades no longer require lubrication. The quality of the beard trim is also improved, allowing for rapid trimming.

If this new trimmer is as durable as my first, I will more that satisfied.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works great but-, April 11, 2010
The good: the trimmer works great!

The bad:
1) no charging stand.
2) it has the short life NiCad batteries instead of the more modern NiMh.
3) the recycle law has been met by the letter rather than the spirit of the law. The batteries which will last not much more than 2 years are soldered in. Thus when the batteries go south, you can cut them out but likely most people will not be able to solder in replacements. Thus a product that could last 10 years is likely in the trash at three years.

5.0 out of 5 stars MB-200: Great Product, Great Value, August 8, 2009
I had owned several Panasonic trimmers previously (really liked that they plugged in w/o a charger), and had hoped to buy another; but they have been discontinued. After reading reviews, I bought the MB-200. Great choice. Multiple guard settings, excellent blades, and a battery which holds a charge for at least 15 uses (no more daily charging). Only complaint is that I wish it were a little more compact (it's the size and weight of a large tube of toothpaste). Outstanding value for the price; additional features like turbo-vacuum hold little appeal for me. Recommend enthusiastically.

1.0 out of 5 stars Short life span, May 30, 2011
The Remington MB200 had a good start but a short run. It was the perfect beard trimmer but stopped taking a charge after only seven months of moderate use.

ADDENDUM: July 2011. I will say that Remington was very cooperative and replaced the product with a brand new one. They do stand behind their warranty.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't take the chance, November 23, 2012
I went through tons of reviews here about this product before I decided to buy it. Some raised the issue of the trimmer not being able to hold a charge or even work when plugged in. Since the overall rating of the trimmer was good (about 4.5 out of 5 stars) I ended up discounting these criticisms as flukes. I bought the trimmer and, for the first month or so it worked great. The trimmer itself is actually pretty good, which I think is the reason it has mostly positive reviews - most people reviewed it as soon as they got it, long before problems with the charge developed. But after a month or so it got progressively worse in holding a charge. Today, two and a half months after I bought it the thing not only barely holds a charge, now it won't even charge at all! Plugging it in now does nothing, rendering it absolutely useless. Unlike some of the reviewers who blamed the problem partially on their own poor maintenance (like leaving it plugged in constantly), I was careful not to leave it plugged in after it had finished charging. Even still, the thing only managed to last a couple of months. Its basically a disposable trimmer. Its just not worth it. Pay more and get a normal trimmer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Charge function defective, July 19, 2010
This trimmer worked perfectly for my beard, except after six weeks it stopped charging. I even tried a different charger, the charge light doesn't light up and it doesn't charge at all.

Since it broke down past the 30 day return policy, there's no recourse with their customer service either. No matter how good it is when charged it's just a paperweight now since I can't charge it.

Remington MB-200 Titanium Mustache and Beard Trimmer