5.0 out of 5 stars Finally found it
AFTER SEARCHING ALL THE LOCAL STORES THAT I PREVOUSLY BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT FROM, I GAVE UP AND WENT TO THE INTERNET. AFTER SEARCHING SEVERAL WEB SITES LISTED FOR REMINGTON, I FINALLY HIT AMAZON.COM, AND THEY HAD THE BEST DEAL OVER ALL THE REST. YOU CAN BET I'LL BE BACK WHENEVER I NEED ANYTHING!!
Published on October 8, 2009 by Frank J. Costanzo Jr.

3.0 out of 5 stars Effective but Odoriferous
The "Derma Bloc" shaving stick I've been buying for years seems to have dropped off the face of the earth so I bought a 6-pack of these, thinking the Derma Bloc was probably a knock-off of the Remington product in the first place. Gah - these are perfumed. I can barely tolerate the smell. I imagine by the time I've worked through six of these I'll either be used to it or...
Published on February 17, 2010 by Brad L.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps get a closer shave, May 13, 2013
This review is from: Remington SP-5 Pre-Shave Talc Stick Face Saver For all Men's Shavers, Pack of 6 (Health and Beauty)
I've used this off and on for over 20 years and I always come back to it. Have tried the liquids and they never work. This is the only pre-electric shave that works for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, May 7, 2013
This stuff works great with electric shavers. However, like other users, I also don't like the perfume smell. But that's no problem -- just leave the top the container between shaves and nearly all of the perfume smell goes away.

I only rated this stuff four stars because of the perfume smell. Other than that, it's a great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars shave talc, April 23, 2013
I prefer the talc for shaving because it doesn't clog my razor as fast as liquid pre-shave lotions.
So far this is a bit expensive, even when on sale.
Would still recommend Face Saver to anyone who would be willing to try it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Only Has One Bad Habit, February 10, 2013
Smells great (Old-fashioned barber shop smell), and makes my Norelco electric shave more comfortable. Unfortunately the stick easily breaks into small pieces and becomes unusable. It is not connected to the plastic casing, and can fall out and shatter. You wind up with a lot of wasted pieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pre-shave ever, December 31, 2012
Makes every electric shave easy and smooth. An absolute necessity in humid environments. Easy to rub on and shave immediately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Misery without it., December 30, 2012
I have always avoided close shaves. An irritating rash appears around my upper neck, sometimes so bad, it is embarrassing. Sure, it only lasts a day, but it looks bad.

Then my decades old shaver, finally needed to be retired. I bought an average, every Joe kind of electric shaver, and I could not avoid the rash, no matter what I tried. Less pressure, shaving with the "grain", pre-shave lotion, warming the face before hand, cooling the face afterwards, and rinsing with rubbing alcohol. All failures.

After an Internet search, I found these sticks. Honestly, using powder doesn't even make sense, but I tried talcum powder to see if it helped. There did seem to be a difference, but it is hard to apply powder to your neck, talcum powder stinks, and there is the question of what it will do to the blades on the shaver.

I also questioned why this stuff is not in every store, if it is so great. I still can't answer that one, because Remington Face Saver IS THAT GREAT. It has never failed. It smells good, even though you wash it off afterwards anyway. It is easy to apply to those trouble areas. The container is small, but packs a lot of product.

The question needs to be asked again; why isn't Remington Face Saver in every store?

5.0 out of 5 stars Remington SP-5 Shave Stick, September 16, 2012
This product works great. It keeps my face from getting irritated by the electric razor. It also does not damage the electric razor like liquids do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth as Silk, January 29, 2012
I bought this 6 pack through Amazon.com for my old uncle but decided to also buy a couple for myself (separate order) to see if it was any good. I was impressed with how the ole electric razor goes across my rough ole stubble smooth as silk!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Been Using These Sticks For Years, January 9, 2012
I don't know how anyone can use an electric razor without some sort of skin lubrication. These FaceSaver sticks are outstanding. I have been using them for many years and always order in bulk as they are sometimes hard to find. Keep extra diligent in your razor cleaning regimen as the powder can cake up on the blades reducing cutting effectiveness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use This!!!, June 30, 2011
I have been using these sticks for nearly 20 years and would highly recommed them to anyone using an electric razor. If you use an electric razor, throw out that Lectric Shave stuff. Shaving sticks are awesome. A few simlple swipes across your beard area followed by a light rubbing with your fingertips is all that is needed for a smooth and comfortable shave.

Should you be a tad sweaty, you can easily re-apply the shaving stick as needed to finish the job.

Remember to throughly rinse your razor after shaving (assuming your razor enjoys a bath), or manually clean the shaver a few times each year to prevent build up of powder and hair. Even if you use anothe rpre-shave product, cleaning is really crucial to providing a close shave.

Remington SP-5 Pre-Shave Talc Stick Face Saver For all Men's Shavers, Pack of 6
$32.82 $29.68
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
Rate and Discover Movies