4.0 out of 5 stars back to basics
No battery to charge, and a bargain. Not as close as my foil Panasonic, but cuts faster. Very quiet, too. The cord could be longer, but not a big deal. Does a nice job on the neck, must be the flexing head and cutters.
Published on October 8, 2011 by cascade hiker

3.0 out of 5 stars My Opinion Rermington R-3150
Published on January 6, 2012 by charles

4.0 out of 5 stars back to basics, October 8, 2011
This review is from: Remington R-3150 Flex 360 Corded Men's Electric Rotary Shaver (Health and Beauty)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, July 25, 2012
PERFORMANCE
Cuts close, uniformly, and smoothly. Includes a "pop-up" trimmer to trim your sideburns or moustache.

QUALITY
Not impressive. Doesn't feel powerful. The "guts" inside the shaver head look flimsy. Yet the bottom line is that the shaver works well, and not a single reviewer has complained about it breaking.

CORD
Personally, I prefer a plug-in shaver rather than having to periodically recharge a shaver, and having to replace the shaver after a year when the batteries die. The cord is more than long enough if you have a plug near your bathroom mirror. The cord is coiled, and so the shaver is easy to put away without tangling.

CLEANING
Another reviewer is mistaken, the shaver head IS removable, easily removable (and replaceable--indeed, Remington wants you to buy a new shaver head every 6 months). It opens out on a hinge, but then you can pull it out at the hinge (see the instructions). Unfortunately, the included little brush is nearly worthless for cleaning the head, you can brush and brush for 10 minutes and still have alot of hair left behind. With the head open, simply gently tapping the side of the head against the side of your sink can dislodge most hair. A little blast of canned air does a great job---so good that I doubt that it is necessary to sub-dis-assemble the shaver head (for the special "weekly" cleaning) as described in the instructions. Innovera 51505 - Compressed Gas Duster, 2 10oz Cans/Pack Actually, full dissasembly/reassembly is easier than it looks, there are only two parts (counting the three identical blade heads as one part), and they fit together only one way, so don't be afraid of fully disassembling the shave head.

DISINFECTING
If a sick person or someone with a skin condition uses the shaver, there is a good chance of spreading infection to anyone else who uses the shaver, or even reintroducing the infection to yourself. Take the shaving head off and immerse it in a saucer (or plastic jar cap) filled with 1/4" of isopropyl alcohol for a few minutes. Swab out the rest of the compartment with cotton swabs and alcohol, or alcohol wipes. After disinfecting, lubricate the blades.

LUBRICATION
Although household oil works fine, Wahl 18 Clipper Oil is inexpensive, and probably worth buying with the shaver. Just smear a little on the outside of the metal shave heads, run the shaver 10 or 20 seconds, and wipe off the excess. Although more expensive, you might also consider a small tube of Teflon lubricant. Finish Line Extreme Fluoro 100% DuPont Teflon Grease, 20g Syringe

GETTING A CLOSE SMOOTH SHAVE
Shaving with an electric shaver is less of a ritual than using a manual razor, so it is easy to forget that shaving immediately after a hot shower gives you the quickest, smoothest, shaves. But do NOT shave IN the shower.

The same "shave first with-the-grain" rule which is important with a razor also applies to using an electric shaver--especially if you have a tough beard. However, that's impossible to do with this shaver, because the three rotary heads cut in all directions regardless of how you use it. Men with very tough beards may be happier with a signal-foil non-rotary electric shaver.

USING A SKIN BRACER
Alcohol-based "skin bracer", does temporarily dry (and tighten) the surface of your face exposing more hair to be cut closer, and may help control infections (and prevent contaminating the shaver) if you have a skin condition. In any case isopropyl alcohol should do the job and be cheaper. If you use alcohol or "skin bracer", give it a second to dry before using the shaver. If your face is wet with alcohol, then your face hasn't tightened yet, and the alcohol might remove all the lubricant from the blades. Mennen Afta Pre-Electric original 3 FL OZ (PACK OF 2) Alcolado (a generic name for isoprophyl alcohol with various herbs) is widely used in the Caribbean. The variety of alcolado with bay leaf (available in Puerto Rican markets) has a nice manly fragrance, and the bay oil helps keep the shaver blades lubricated.

USING WITH A BEARD
If you (like me) often let your neck hair grow a bit too long between shaves--the shaver can pull your hairs painfully. The solution is to, shave while your beard is still soft after a hot shower, shave daily (easily with this shaver, just a second or two), or trim you neck hair as close as you can with the trimmer you use for your mustache or beard (or even the "pop-up" trimmer), and then use the shaver. I use the larger trimmer which I also use to cut my hair. Panasonic ER224S All-in-One Cordless Hair and Beard Trimmer (Silver)

3.0 out of 5 stars My Opinion Rermington R-3150, January 6, 2012
It gives a very close shave. The cord is too short. I have to use a cord from an old razor to have enough length to shave and see myself in mirror. The shaving head seems very delicate I'm afraid to take it apart to clean it. I also dont like that it's hinged and not removable from the main body. I wish I would have spent more money and bought the Norelco corded for $5.00 more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shaver for the Price, April 22, 2012
I have really enjoyed this shaver. I like the cord only option as I don't have to worry about battery life. I was really amazed at how close of a shave I got on this shaver. I also like the flexibility of the rotary heads. It is simple but it's really all I need and I think anyone buying this for 25.00 with free shipping on Amazon would be very pleased. It doesn't have a bag but that's an easy fix. Hope this helps you in your decision.

3.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT use water to clean!, August 29, 2012
In spite of the picture above showing the head being held under a stream of water, the Remington R-3150 Flex 360 is NOT washable! I called Remington to confirm. Treating it as shown in the picture puts you at danger and can ruin the shaver.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for tough beards!, June 24, 2012
Let me start by saying I have been a happy Remington Microscreen customer for many years. However, this rotary shaver is nowhere near the quality of the Remington MIcroscreen models. It has a wimpy motor that barely moves the blades fast enough to cut. My beard is tough, and this shaver can't handle it--it requires a lot of time just to get all whiskers cut, and I need another shave after about 6 hours. I bought this shaver while on a road trip, and would have returned it if I had still been in the same city the next day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price decent product, March 19, 2012
Remington made my last razor and it lasted close to 10 years, I expect the same from this one. I will say it doesn't seem to have the head speed my last one did but I don't have a ruff beard so it doesn't effect me. A heavy beard might wear this out faster.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, December 5, 2012
I purposely purchased a corded razor, because my last rechargeable would not work plugged in if it had a low charge. I find the razor sufficient, my 5:00 shadow appears much sooner. I find I have to hold the plug to the outlet while I'm shaving so it won't come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars It no longer Hurts to Shave!, October 24, 2012
M. Haapala (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I have an extremely heavy beard (I shave in the morning and practically have a 5 o'clock shadow by 1030am). For years I have been using a norelco shaver to knock out the growth in the morning, and then follow it up with a mach 3 razor to get a close shave.

I bought this Remington for my father, but he never used it. Last week my faithful Norelco went kaput, and I was forced to use the this Remington R-3150 that was collecting dust in my father's drawer. Two things struck me immediately. 1) The Remington, unlike the Norelco, did not hurt my face when I shaved. 2) The shave was so close, I no longer needed to do a follow up shave with my Mach-3 razor. I won't lie, the Remington feels much cheaper and fragile than my Norelco, but the shave is far more efficient and exponentially more comfortable. Don't be fooled by the cheap price of this razor, it is AWESOME. You will not find a better razor at this price point, period. I will only use electric razors that bare the Remington name from this point forward!

3.0 out of 5 stars remington r-3150 flex 360 corded rotary shaver, September 22, 2012
Shaver would shave better if the rpm's were faster - the slow speed hampers getting a close shave. The inner shaver holder is made of flimsy plastic which I doubt will hold up very long.You get what you pay for.

ARRAY(0x9f7b17f8)