Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Remington Rem SQUEEG-E 22/223Caliber/5.56-mm Gauge
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Size: .22/.223 Cal/5.56mm|Change
Price:$4.40+ Free shipping (Addon item)

I'm using two of these, in .22 and .38, for various pistols, revolvers, and .22 rifles, in conjunction with the Rem Flex Rods with Fast Snap T-Handles. So far, it seems to work as advertised. The important thing to keep in mind is that this is a squeegee, not a bore scrubber. It won't remove heavy powder fouling or carbon deposits. For that, you really need to use a bore brush. Use the Sqeeg-E to remove any solvents or loose particles form the barrel once you've scrubbed it.

For centerfire guns and revolvers my system is to start with a bronze brush and gun cleaning solvent like Hoppes or an aerosol scrubber (usually non-chlorinated CRC Brake Cleaner). Once the bore looks clean of deposits, I follow that with another flush of the cleaner, and finally a pass with the Squeeg-E. For .22 target autos firing low-velovity rounds, usually a shot of solvent followed by the Sqeeg-E is all that's required. For.22 air rifles and pistols I just use the Squeeg-E by itself to clean the barrel of lube and contaminants that may accumulate from pellets or (in the case of CO2 guns) from propellant.
on January 17, 2013
Thought people should know. I bought the full Remington cleaning set which includes the .22 squeeg-E. I put the squeeg-e through my .22 rifle and it broke off inside the barrel. The metal part came out, but the rubber top was stuck. Had to buy a cleaning steel rod to poke it out. Thought people should know. Test the squeeg-e before placing in inside your gun.
on November 24, 2013
Well, what do you know, this thing actually works - and on an AK, no less.
I put a couple patches through first to loosen things up, but this is the real money-maker.
The first pull usually has a good deal of muck, but the second is always surprisingly clean.
Good product.
on December 30, 2014
This product says it eliminates the need for patches...not in my experience. While the product did remove a lot of the contaminants from the barrel, it hardly eliminated the need for cleaning patches. I ran several patches through to see how clean it was, and it took 4 patches after using the squeegee to get the barrel clean. If you rely on this product only, you will be leaving your gun very dirty and will sacrifice firearm performance over the long haul.
on January 4, 2014
I got this as a add on item. Thought i would try it
After getting a patch stuck in my ar15 thinking this would be easier and it works like a charm
Only need one pass through
(Make sure you use bore cleaner with a brush before you use this. Dont run it through if the bore is dry) and wipe it off after use
on January 12, 2015
I rarely review purchases, but this one deserves two "thumbs down". I shoot a lot, and clean a lot - but this is a toy, at best. A nuisance at worst. As far as I can tell, it may cut out one or two patches. No more. And it is a PIA to use. I have about 6 of these in various calibers, and they all "work" equally poorly. I contacted Remington to complain - but my complaint was not even acknowledged.
on March 24, 2015
I now have one for all my calibers. Some people complain that the break. I have not had any problems with this. I did, however, read the instructions and noted that you must PULL these through the barrel, never push. They also explicitly say to never pull them through the barrel dry, to insure that there is enough cleaning solution or oil in the barrel to allow it to slide easily through the barrel. I suspect some of the breakage is due to attempting to push them through the barrel or pulling them through dry. They are rubber, so I expect over time they will wear out and eventually break but haven't seen anything like that so far. They leave the barrel very clean. I spray solvent into the barrel, run a brush through it a couple of times, then pull this through and then repeat. After my last cleaning pass I spray some light oil down the barrel and them pull this though to remove the excess.
on November 14, 2012
These items work nicely as an adjunct to your usual cleaning methods. I'll apply cleaning solution to the barrel, wait, then usually brush followed by Squeege. Then you will want to patch out till clean. I think it does clean the barrel better.
on March 7, 2014
I always hated the tedium and the waste of running patches again and again through the bore to get rid of all the copper fouling solution, lead fouling solution and then a patch with oil down the bore at the end. Not only was it tedious but there was that pile of fouled patches sitting there.

If anyone but remington came out of with something like this, I would have probably skipped on it. I did give it a try with the .30 caliber fire and it made cleaning so much easier. Run the bore snake or spray the solution down your bore and let it sit. Then run this thing through it. Wipe it off and do it again. What your left with is a fairly dry and clean area ( with some solution maybe left in the grooves of the rifling).

Its' definitely a good product and I would say great because it cuts down on waste, dries the bore and pretty easy to use. Why not perfect? Nothing is perfect in this world but this does what it claims to. I carry one in range bag and in my have them in .30/22/.45/12g.
on January 29, 2016
I've used all kinds of bore brushes in the past along with running cotton squares down the barrel of my 9mm. First time I ran this through the barrel was after (what I thought was) a thorough cleaning. This thing cleaned out carbon I couldn't even see looking down the barrel at a lightsource!

Now my 9mm gets a run through once or twice from this guy every cleaning before I can say definitively that it is, in fact, clean and clear! Great product.