Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on January 8, 2016
Okay so I have both of the wands, big and small, and I love both of them! Reason I have both is because I like the curls they give me and don't want the same kind every day. I got the smaller one for Christmas and ordered the bigger one right after and they are amazing. I know a lot of people wonder which size to get so I curled the sides of my hair with both wands and that's what happened. The bigger one is more for like loose waves while the smaller one is curlier. Before I asked for a wand (these are my first wands I've ever used and owned) I watched a ton of YouTube tutorials on styles and such so you could do that to get a good idea. But DEFINETLY get these wands. They're inexpesive with long lasting curls and a nice smooth barrel. And a tip for curling your hair is that unless you want the curls/waves to blend together like in my picture try alternating which way you curl. Like curl away from your face, then towards your face, and so on. Also be wary of how big your sections are because that definetly affects the outcome of your curl. I strongly recommend these wands and I got these on my own without an offer for my review so I am unbiased. I just really love these wands and these curls!!
review image review image
44 comments|532 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2015
I am not a hair stylist, nor do I consider myself someone "good" at hair. This is actually the first time I've purchased and/or handled a curling wand (vs. curling iron) and this picture was taken immediately after my first attempt at using this product. I think my hair in this pic is by no means perfect but it's clear that this wand does what it's supposed to! Yes, it took a second for me to understand how to use it, but to all the one-star reviews I've read - don't blame the product, blame the user. After watching a couple tutorials I'm sure I'll prefect the technique but I am already in love with it! Great product, great price, fast delivery :)
review image
55 comments|416 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2013
I read a review on here that said, "Curls that will make you want to slap your Momma!" Well I walked around saying that all day after I curled my hair with this wand! I would have paid $100 for this!! It really is amazing and easy to use! I used it at a wedding this weekend and fixed 4 girls' hair and it stayed hot and worked perfect! I also fixed my hair on Friday morning and was able to rock it until Sunday!! The curls were amazing! I got compliments left and right!!
review image
44 comments|493 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2014
This is now my second curling wand. My first one is thinner (meant to be for tighter curls) so I wanted to try out a thicker one, and i'm so happy I did. The price is amazing for what it can do. It heats up very fast and is able to curl hair almost instantly I get compliments on my hair daily asking what product i use. I highly recommend.
review image
11 comment|421 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2010
It comes with a heat protectant glove (which if you're wary about using this kind of curling iron, it's a big plus over the gloveless, equally priced Conair version) but I've used many an iron and didn't feel the need to use it. The first time I used this, I did accidently burn my finger and the ends weren't curled perfectly, but after that first session I've been a pro. I love the variety of waves you can get with the barrel size, as well as how quickly I can do my hair! I've never been able to style it in 10 minutes before (the exact amount of time before I had to dash out the door or face being late to class, a gamble that paid off), and since you don't waste time carefully arranging it in the clamp, it's easy to grab a random section of hair and wind it around. My hair keeps its shine and has great springy curls that relax into natural looking waves as the day goes on.

I've used this iron on my friends, and one of them has very fine hair that hasn't ever held a curl well but with this iron, hers lasted through the next day even after she slept on it. I also loaned it out before a party and both girls came up to me with rave reviews. Two of them are considering purchasing this.

I would definitely recommend this wand to any of my friends.
1212 comments|634 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2012
I'm not usually one to write reviews on products, because I don't really rely on them myself. However, some people do, and it's for those people that I write this.

Do NOT let the (majority of the) 1-star reviews color your decision to purchase this wand! I can't tell you how annoyed I got reading them - this product in no way deserves to be rated negatively, because most of the people who gave it one star simply didn't bother to learn how to use it before giving up and coming here to whine about it. People, it's NOT difficult. There are dozens of tutorial videos on YouTube for this wand and others like it. All you need to do is watch a few of them, practice on a rainy day when you're not going anywhere, and you should have no trouble.

Look, I've got fine hair. When I first purchased this wand, it was cut to my chin and stacked in the back. And I had no trouble using it. You need to do it in layers, starting with the bottom. When you pick up the section of hair you want to curl, spray it with a little hairspray first. Wrap it around the barrel (pointing down, because I noticed someone said they didn't know which way to point the thing) as close to the end of your hair as you can. Keep just the very tip of the section between your fingers. Do NOT press the hair to the wand with your fingers. The instructions say that, but it seems many people didn't read that part. The wand gets hot. The glove was not made to be pressed directly against the wand - only to protect your skin when you brush it against the wand while winding your hair, which you inevitably will.

If you're like me, when you get halfway around your head you'll have to switch hands. Do it. The change in direction of the curl will give you a more natural look. Just keep working in layers, sectioning your hair, spraying the sections, and overall BEING PATIENT.

Maybe I'm lucky in that I worked in a salon for 4 years where one of the girls consistently used her curling iron not with the clamp, but wrapped hair around the barrel, so I had an idea of how this was supposed to work. I didn't order an obviously clampless curling iron and then complain because there was no clamp. Reading product descriptions does wonders, people. As does learning to use a tool properly before writing a negative review because you couldn't be bothered to learn to use the tool properly. This wand is not designed to give you gigantic Texas beauty-pageant hair. It's designed to create soft, natural waves. If natural-looking hair isn't what you want, then pass on this. I get so sick of people who whine and moan about a product simply because they were too flipping lazy to figure out how they were supposed to use it. Would you go on a car-buying website and give a Toyota a negative review if you didn't know how to drive? Sadly, after reading these reviews, I think some people would.
99 comments|920 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2014
Want the perfect curls/waves? Look no further!
I have tried:
- Curling my hair with the straightener > FAIL I, sadly lack my hairdresser's ability :(
- Inifiniti pro's useless, slow and expensive curling machine > TRIPLE FAIL
- And finally this curling stick > SUCCESS!!!

Don't think it twice, this is a great product; it's inexpensive, it allows you to comb your hair pretty quick, you can do tiny curls and/or lose waves, you can put thick or thin hair strands on the stick (up to you!), you can manipulate the temperature just as you want, it's perfect for long, short, thick, thin, ANY hair!
I absolutely LOVE this hair curling stick and would repurchase. I get compliments on my hair after using it and actually 2 of my friends bought it after checking out the wonders you can do with it
review image
66 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2013
I received my package 3 days after placing my order and tried it out right away. This wand is amazing! I ordered the wand in the size 1"-1 1/2" because I wanted to get a looser curl, not tight ringlets like the smaller model gives you. I have very thick, very curly and very frizzy hair-no other curling iron has been able to curl my hair. Whenever I did try to curl my hair using a normal curling iron, it would take about 2 hours and a whole lot of hair spray for it to last for only 15 mins. after finishing curling it. This wand only takes about 25 mins to curl my whole head (that's a record for me, since I have a head full of hair) and the end result looks A MILLION times better and the curls last all day and into the next day, only requiring some touch ups. The people giving this product a negative review, just don't know how to use this product properly. It's really no different than how you would use a curling iron, just without the clip, so the glove is useful when wrapping your hair around the wand. I've been obsessed with it ever since it came. I'm very satisfied with this purchase. I get the loose curls I've never been able to do, and they last all day. I definitely recommend this product! :)
review image
0Comment|125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2015
This was my first time ever wand curling my hair and it was amazing! The wand curler heats up in under 10 seconds which is a plus if you're on the go, it also comes with a glove which is a bonus if you do not want to get burned.

It wasn't hard using the wand curler, it may take practice in hand techniques but use whatever is best for you.

The curls stayed ALL day, I didn't have to use any holding spray or moose, and I didn't have to re-curl any of the curls I previously put in. When I say all day, I mean ALL day, I came inside and the curls still looked AMAZING!

Shipping was fast and came on time because I needed the wand curler for a specific event, so well done Amazon!

I also put a picture up of the heat protectant spray that I used with my curls. This was the only product I used in my hair for the curls. They curls came out bouncy and shiny..

I HIGHLY recommend using a heat protectant for your natural hair and/or weave so there is no damage done.
review image review image
on December 26, 2011
I am a singer and songwriter, and have to perform professionally, and usually opt to keep my hair straight... I wanted to add some versatility to my looks, so for $25 bucks this was right up my ally. I usually don't leave reviews on my purchases, because honestly, I never have the time, but I am actually about to purchase another curling wand by Remington, (because my sister has hijacked my own)... :-|... The glove honestly complicates the whole curling process(at least for me), I curl much faster without it, and through trial and error, I have become somewhat of Remington Pearl Digital Curling Wand Pro-HahA-, and I have become a bit resistant to the heat, haha, so I usually curl without the glove, --actually I lost the glove, lol... but I just added a few pics so you can see the pretty curls and waves I have done with my OWN hair, as well as 26" Brazilian hair extensions, i am the Afro Carribean girl in the "Hollister" sweater... please feel free to contact me on twitter if you have any questions @AllisonKandii ! :-) oh and listen to my music on YouTube by typing Allison Kandii in the search field...
review image review image review image
11 comment|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse