3,163

on January 31, 2013
I read a review on here that said, "Curls that will make you want to slap your Momma!" Well I walked around saying that all day after I curled my hair with this wand! I would have paid $100 for this!! It really is amazing and easy to use! I used it at a wedding this weekend and fixed 4 girls' hair and it stayed hot and worked perfect! I also fixed my hair on Friday morning and was able to rock it until Sunday!! The curls were amazing! I got compliments left and right!!
on November 4, 2010
It comes with a heat protectant glove (which if you're wary about using this kind of curling iron, it's a big plus over the gloveless, equally priced Conair version) but I've used many an iron and didn't feel the need to use it. The first time I used this, I did accidently burn my finger and the ends weren't curled perfectly, but after that first session I've been a pro. I love the variety of waves you can get with the barrel size, as well as how quickly I can do my hair! I've never been able to style it in 10 minutes before (the exact amount of time before I had to dash out the door or face being late to class, a gamble that paid off), and since you don't waste time carefully arranging it in the clamp, it's easy to grab a random section of hair and wind it around. My hair keeps its shine and has great springy curls that relax into natural looking waves as the day goes on.

I've used this iron on my friends, and one of them has very fine hair that hasn't ever held a curl well but with this iron, hers lasted through the next day even after she slept on it. I also loaned it out before a party and both girls came up to me with rave reviews. Two of them are considering purchasing this.

I would definitely recommend this wand to any of my friends.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 9, 2012
I'm not usually one to write reviews on products, because I don't really rely on them myself. However, some people do, and it's for those people that I write this.

Do NOT let the (majority of the) 1-star reviews color your decision to purchase this wand! I can't tell you how annoyed I got reading them - this product in no way deserves to be rated negatively, because most of the people who gave it one star simply didn't bother to learn how to use it before giving up and coming here to whine about it. People, it's NOT difficult. There are dozens of tutorial videos on YouTube for this wand and others like it. All you need to do is watch a few of them, practice on a rainy day when you're not going anywhere, and you should have no trouble.

Look, I've got fine hair. When I first purchased this wand, it was cut to my chin and stacked in the back. And I had no trouble using it. You need to do it in layers, starting with the bottom. When you pick up the section of hair you want to curl, spray it with a little hairspray first. Wrap it around the barrel (pointing down, because I noticed someone said they didn't know which way to point the thing) as close to the end of your hair as you can. Keep just the very tip of the section between your fingers. Do NOT press the hair to the wand with your fingers. The instructions say that, but it seems many people didn't read that part. The wand gets hot. The glove was not made to be pressed directly against the wand - only to protect your skin when you brush it against the wand while winding your hair, which you inevitably will.

If you're like me, when you get halfway around your head you'll have to switch hands. Do it. The change in direction of the curl will give you a more natural look. Just keep working in layers, sectioning your hair, spraying the sections, and overall BEING PATIENT.

Maybe I'm lucky in that I worked in a salon for 4 years where one of the girls consistently used her curling iron not with the clamp, but wrapped hair around the barrel, so I had an idea of how this was supposed to work. I didn't order an obviously clampless curling iron and then complain because there was no clamp. Reading product descriptions does wonders, people. As does learning to use a tool properly before writing a negative review because you couldn't be bothered to learn to use the tool properly. This wand is not designed to give you gigantic Texas beauty-pageant hair. It's designed to create soft, natural waves. If natural-looking hair isn't what you want, then pass on this. I get so sick of people who whine and moan about a product simply because they were too flipping lazy to figure out how they were supposed to use it. Would you go on a car-buying website and give a Toyota a negative review if you didn't know how to drive? Sadly, after reading these reviews, I think some people would.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 21, 2014
This is now my second curling wand. My first one is thinner (meant to be for tighter curls) so I wanted to try out a thicker one, and i'm so happy I did. The price is amazing for what it can do. It heats up very fast and is able to curl hair almost instantly I get compliments on my hair daily asking what product i use. I highly recommend.
on June 22, 2012
I have had this curling wand for 2 weeks now. I have a lot of experience with curling wands, so I thought I would weigh in, since most of the reviews on this product are from people who don't seem to have much knowledge about how to use them or what to expect.

First off, this is a good quality curling wand. So far, I haven't noticed any "cheap" traits about it. It is not too expensive and is a great deal.

Now a bit about wands in general for those who are new to them. Curling wands are not for inexperienced users! They are not "super easy" to use. That is why there are still curling irons with clamps still out there, for those who need the clamps. I have had 4 different brands/types of curling wands. All of mine came with gloves, which I never use because you need to be able to have a good hold on your hair to get the look you want. So if you learn how to hold and maneuver a curling wand, you do not need the glove.

Second, these wands do give you a more natural and professional curl/wave, and can do so quickly, but it does take practice to achieve the goal. There are numerous types of curls, spirals and waves you can make with a wand and each one calls for a different technique.

Third.....DO NOT get a curling wand that is multiple size barrel (like this one) IF you do not have experience with one. Start with a wand that is a one size barrel to learn and then gravitate to these. These multiple size barrels are great, they can change up the curls and waves nicely and make a more natural look, but because the barrel gets smaller on the way down, it does mean if you don't know how to use it, it can be frustrating and difficult to keep your hair even on it, without slipping....like I said practice makes perfect.

Now for this particular wand, it is infused with real pearl...this is great, yes it makes the wand slippery! Now use logic and realize that the more slip and smoothness of the wand, the better for your hair. If you hair does not slip from a wand then you should be worried because that means your hair is sticking to the wand with the heat, by burning it.

So if you buy this particular wand, understand that it is more slippery, I noticed that this wand does make my hair shine more and look more smooth and soft.

I have extremely thick hair and a lot of it. My hair is naturally curly, but it is messy curly so I use wands to touch up my curls and make them nicer, similar to what Taylor Swift does. Now, even though my hair is natural curly, does not mean it is easy to curl with an iron. Since I have very long and thick hair, plus the large amount....it is very heavy and tends to weigh down, so curls tend to flatten easily. I have used this wand several times in the last two weeks....I did my hair early in the morning and went to an 8 hour shift of work. At the end of the day, my curls were still there and not frizzy.

All in all, this wand is a great deal and perfect for someone looking for decent quality at a low price. Like I said, this particular style of wand needs some experience and/or practice.

The bigger sized barrel of this wand is better for big loose spirals or beach waves hair styles. The smaller one would be better for tighter more Shirley Temple curls.

If you are a beginner to curling wands, don't be discouraged, they are fantastic, but start with a one size barrel to learn.

I will update my review in about 6-8 months to review the long term quality of this product. :)
on March 19, 2015
I am not a hair stylist, nor do I consider myself someone "good" at hair. This is actually the first time I've purchased and/or handled a curling wand (vs. curling iron) and this picture was taken immediately after my first attempt at using this product. I think my hair in this pic is by no means perfect but it's clear that this wand does what it's supposed to! Yes, it took a second for me to understand how to use it, but to all the one-star reviews I've read - don't blame the product, blame the user. After watching a couple tutorials I'm sure I'll prefect the technique but I am already in love with it! Great product, great price, fast delivery :)
on June 6, 2013
I am in love with this wand and its only been 1 day! Super easy to use and the curls last all day! I am the girl with the hair that WILL NOT curl. I have had mild success with curling by flat iron but man, the damage incurred is just not worth it! This wand not only took me under 15min to do my entire head, but it also lasted all day with ZERO, let me repeat that ZERO hairspray! I cant believe it! Highly recommended.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I am a singer and songwriter, and have to perform professionally, and usually opt to keep my hair straight... I wanted to add some versatility to my looks, so for $25 bucks this was right up my ally. I usually don't leave reviews on my purchases, because honestly, I never have the time, but I am actually about to purchase another curling wand by Remington, (because my sister has hijacked my own)... :-|... The glove honestly complicates the whole curling process(at least for me), I curl much faster without it, and through trial and error, I have become somewhat of Remington Pearl Digital Curling Wand Pro-HahA-, and I have become a bit resistant to the heat, haha, so I usually curl without the glove, --actually I lost the glove, lol... but I just added a few pics so you can see the pretty curls and waves I have done with my OWN hair, as well as 26" Brazilian hair extensions, i am the Afro Carribean girl in the "Hollister" sweater... please feel free to contact me on twitter if you have any questions @AllisonKandii ! :-) oh and listen to my music on YouTube by typing Allison Kandii in the search field...
review image review image review image
on June 10, 2013
I initially bought the 1/2-1" wand because it seemed the most popular and reviews and vids said that you can make the curls as loose or tight as you want.

The skinnier wand gives you undoubtedly gorgeous think Taylor Swift like curls. It wasn't really the look I was going for so I returned it for the 1-1 1/2 and i absolutely love it for loose beachy curls. Both sizes work great, it really comes down to the look you're looking for.

It heats up really fast and the various temperature settings convenient, along with the digital display. It has a swivel bottom for the cord. I'm not sure if the "Pearl" helps your hair, but the curls are perfect (plus its pink!!)

It comes with a glove that definitely helps you curls every bit of hair and not burn your finger tips. But it's not meant to touch the wand directly. I definitely recommend it!!!!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Size: 1/2 Inch - 1 InchVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My teen daughter was thrilled when this Remington Curling Wand came in and used it almost right away. She has very straight, medium thickness hair that takes curls fairly easily using regular curlers and this curling wand worked very well for her. Here are our observations:

Pros -
+ Gets Hot Quickly; it comes up to temperature fast and is indicated on the digital display
+ Smooth Wand; the coating on the wand is VERY slick, making the curling process very easy
+ Tapered Wand; allows more natural looking curls

Cons -
- Tricky to Use; there was a bit of a learning curve since this is fairly different than her old clamp type iron and rollers
- Easy to Get Burnt; this gets very hot and the body of the wand is completely exposed, so I highly recommended using the included protective glove

Misc -
* We found that using this on someone else's hair is easier (and safer) than doing your own

This wand does produce good results very quickly, but it might not be for everyone (especially younger kids) due to the risk of burns.

Recommended, with the caveats above.

CFH