Reminiscent of James P. Hogan's Giant's series

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 21, 2011 4:27:05 PM PDT
Joost Schuur says:
The initial premise of finding an ancient, humanoid skeleton on the Moon reminded me of James P. Hogan's Giants series, starting with Inherit the Stars:

Inherit the Stars

Not to say that he's ripping him off, or that the rest of the plot follows the series, but if you're into the theme, you might want to check out Hogan's books too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2011 12:40:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 25, 2011 12:41:43 AM PDT
Hi Joost--

D.L. Golemon here. Very observant. One of the authors that inticed me to write stories of adventure is that very same James P. Hogan. As a matter of fact, Legacy is dedicated to Mr. Hogan, who I am sad to say passed away just last year. I had hoped to get Legacy out before his passing, but alas, it was not to be. The man was one who invisioned things we all should want for ourselves. We have the need, no, we have the duty, to do what it is we do best above all else, and that is to explore, without that we are a lost species. The constant need to challenge ourselves is what keeps us viable, keeps us whole. Legacy is a tribute to the man that helped spark my imagination, one who wasn't recognized along with the greats of the genre, but one who also didn't need the notoriety. If I can be just 1/4 of what he was, I would go to my grave happy. I know we have certain problems in the real world we have to solve, and expenditures in space rub people the wrong way, but as a whole, our destiny, our very survival, is out there, waiting to be discovered. As I said, your post was right on, and I am proud to say I followed James P. Hogan's lead, and I hope I created a story that inspires people to read Inherit the Stars, because if we don't start using our god given ability to explore, we will never achieve our inheritance.

DLG

Posted on Jun 25, 2011 3:36:24 AM PDT
Joost Schuur says:
Thanks for chiming in with your own background and thoughts like this, David. It's great to see authors so involved on Amazon.

I've always thought that inspiration, re-imagining and the recombining of different story strands are just as much a part of storytelling than creating a tale 'from scratch' (to the extent that such a thing is even possible after millennia of campfire stories, bards and writers). The old Vulcan adage of infinite diversity in infinite combinations applies here too.

Definitely looking forward to the book now!

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 7:23:02 AM PDT
Lilacteapot says:
I am really looking forward to this book. I loved Inherit the Stars and have read it twice now on my Kindle. I have all the Event Group novels in hardback and this will be the first one I will be reading in ebook form. Can't wait for tomorrow when I can download it.

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 8:44:06 PM PDT
Dad315 says:
Dear Mr. Golemon,
I concur with Joost's praise of your interaction with your readers. I enjoy your books and am especially looking forward to The Supernaturals!
The Supernaturals
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jun 21, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 18, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Legacy: An Event Group Thriller (Event Group Thrillers Book 6)
Legacy: An Event Group Thriller (Event Group Thrillers Book 6) by David L. Golemon
4.2 out of 5 stars   (65)