Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Remote Code for Universal Remote Does anyone know the codes to set up a universal remote for this TV?

Thanks
asked by Richard Murphy on November 19, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 36 answers
A
I have the TCL 32" L32HDF11TA model. On DirecTV I used RCA code "11547" and now it works to turn ON/OFF and control volume with the DirecTV remote.
Gray answered on November 29, 2011
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yeah I'm still trying to get the iO DVR uni remote to work with it and I can't get it to work.. i tried the samsung codes.. I'll try the RCA ones and see if I have any success there. For this remote, there is a manual way of doing it.. but that won't help anyone here since it won't tell me the code to tell anyone anyway...

Hope someone else has luck with this!
Hybridmotion answered on December 1, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Comcast remotes that come with their newer hd DVRs come programmed for RCA by default, and this seems to work with the TCL's. My remote had already been customized to go with a different tv, so I used code 10047, the first code for RCA under "LCD TVs" and it works fine with my TCL.
rose_surfer answered on November 9, 2011
Comment (1) | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I too have comcast and am looking for the code. has the 02429 code worked for the comcast remote? Also can that sony remote control the comcast box and dvr?
P. Demian answered on December 2, 2010

A
NJ answered on January 16, 2011

A
THIS IS THE REAL ANSWER! Major Props JH!
Skeetah Barnes answered on December 20, 2011

A
I too have a comcast remote use this code 10047 it worked for me
Bryan Lindsey answered on February 20, 2012

A
There must be some type of universal code or compatible TV??????? I thought I read it used a Samsung interface but I am trying to program my main Direct TV remote so I don't have to use 2 remotes. Hopefully someone will chime in with compatible info or some type of legit workaround in the mean time I'm back to hacking and trying to call the toll free number.
fredyt123 answered on November 28, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just got the following universal remote from BB (but they have it hear at amazon as well) and it works perfectly with this tv:
Sony RMVZ320 7-Device Universal Remote with Dual IR Emitters

When I set the code, the third TCL code listed worked: 02429
Rudy Mangual answered on November 29, 2010

A
We to purchased the television for my 86 year old father-in-law. The picture is perfect! Our issue is the remote problem mentioned by others. My father-in-law had direct TV and remote would not work with the television, two remotes was a nightmare for him. We contacted Comcast and have had their service installed they were 99% confident the comcast remote would work with the television. No luck! We really like the set but will have to seriouly consider returning the set because of the failure to get one remote to work with the television. Any help would be greatly appriciated!
Arthur Leinen Jr. answered on January 14, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

See all questions about this product