Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on February 14, 2013
I bought this remote shutter release for my Canon Rebel XTi DLSR camera. It is a great remote shutter release for the money. It works just like the shutter button on the camera. It also has a locking feature for those extra long exposures.
22 comments78 of 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2012
I recently bought a Canon T3i and quickly realized that to maximize its potential meant I had to accessorize.

After checking out the reviews, I bought this remote shutter release and have been enjoying using it for some fun 'open shutter' pictures at home.

After 10 minutes practice, it became really easy to use for pictures and videos so I look forward to taking it outside for some long exposure night shots.

The only reason I'm giving it 4 stars is because the "Instructions" don't really explain everything...and that means you'll have fun discovering how to use this properly. The reviews I saw did a nice job of explaining how to operate this remote so don't let the instructions stop you from getting it.

This is a great price for what feels like a quality product.
44 comments29 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2012
Good product that works just as advertised. No sense in spending several times the amount paid for on this item for the name brand. The T4i is not listed in compatible models but the remote does work with the T4i.
22 comments18 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2011
It works exactly as it is advertised. It's a very simple remote shutter switch with a bulb setting. The remote is absolutely fantastic, and I can't recommend it enough. The price is just icing on the cake.
on September 24, 2012
I have a Canon 2Ti (550d) rebel. Switch is well made and works as specified. Heck of a deal for the price. And it came well packaged to boot. And yes, its made in China. What isn't this day and age? Highly recommended.
on March 27, 2012
I bought this remote for my T3i so that I can do longer than 30 second exposures for astrophotography. This is probably the best deal there is because the price is so cheap! It does what it says it does and uses a simple mechanism. Just plug it in and shoot away. I'm really happy I got this. =]
on February 14, 2013
Excellent option for a wide variety of cameras. The wireless release requires you to be in front of the camera this allows you to take perfectly steady shots so you capture every detail no matter where you are without having to be in front of the camera.
on June 24, 2012
Arrived on time the packaging was dented in a little however that was most likely UPS , I removed it from the package an it worked just as described for my canon t2i. The cable was in fact about 2.5 feet allowing for easy shutter release without needing to touch camera.
on February 5, 2013
Works fine with my Canon EOS Rebel T3 / 1100D Camera ......and is very reasonably priced...Well deserved 5 Star Rating..!!
on June 24, 2012
I bought this shutter remote switch for long exposure shots for night photography because i need to capture more lights. It does a great job so far. This was delivered with the instructions (in chinese and english).
Here is how it works:
- plug the remote control into your camera
- put your camera in BULB mode
- slide the button up to start the long exposure shot, slide it down to release the aperture of your camera.
Simple.
Also this remote is super cheap, you can't go wrong for such a bargain. The length of the cable is 3 ft, and the remote seems to be sturdy enough in its plastic shell. It does fit well in the hand, not too big, not too tiny and there is even a grip at the rear of the switch to avoid your index finger sliding.
Yes I recommend this item for every photographer.