Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Remote Is anyone using this w/ a Harmony remote?? The reason I ask is do to the fact the supplied remote has only a 8 ft range as to where I get further than that as it does not work.
asked by Jeffrey J. Skalland on November 26, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
Jeffrey, I would think that this would work with any "learning" remote. I use mine with a Home Theatre Master MX-700, and it works flawlessly. You are correct about the included remote..........no good at distances greater than about 10 feet. I chose to program my universal remore right away, and that solved any issue. I hope this helps.
Alan Cleland answered on June 11, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Dear Customer,

We apologize for the delay in responding to you. Yes, Kinivo 501BN is fully supported by harmony remotes. Kinivo 501BN and 301BN HDMI switches are available as device options in Harmony's software. In fact, many customers have reported successfully using harmony remotes, e.g. Logitech harmony remote, to operate Kinivo 501BN and 301BN.

Please write to us at support@kinivo.com if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,
Kinivo Support
Email: support@kinivo.com
Kinivo Product Support answered on May 18, 2012
Comment | 12 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I currently use this product with a Harmony 700. It works perfectly and without error. You will be very happy.
Steve B. answered on February 6, 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am not having good luck with this unit and the Harmony. Frequently it doesnot connect to my Samsung TV via DVR and cablecard. Have to manually choose the HDMI swith or looses video or sound. Have changed cables, HDMI numbers, added delays via Harmony and anything else worth trying. Finally ordered a different switch.
Timothy H. Hertz answered on February 27, 2015
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
As an update, I recently purchased Harmony 700 and it works with the presets. It will choose the port that it has assigned during configuration of presets. However, manually choosing the ports using the Harmony is not possible. I still use the small remote control of Kinivo 501BN. Unless I forgot to change something in Harmony built-in software.
W. Almin "Manila" answered on June 2, 2014
Comment | 1 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product