Removing DX Leather Cover I have to return my DX to Amazon; trying to remove the DX Leather cover is proving difficult - I'm afraid of damaging the DX.
How do remove the cover safely?
asked by L. Grenville on September 3, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 answers
A
votes
I find it easiest to lay the cover and kindle down flat on a table, with cover open. The kindle dx attaches to the cover at two points on the inside spine of the cover. The bottom point is a curved piece of metal which remains stationary. It is the upper point that is the key; it is springloaded and needs to be pulled down about 1/4 inch to allow the kindle to be pulled away from the spine. Once the kindle is free of the upper part gently guide the kindle around and down the curve of the second point.
Don Gullett answered on September 12, 2009

A
votes
L.E. Fuentes - I had the same problem. Once you lay the Kindle in the cover flat on a table, use the end of a key to gentle pull the top spring down. I found that mine was pushed in and locked and I had gently pull slightly away from the Kindle and then I was able to pull down the spring and release the Kindle. Thanks for the help, Don!
Michele Kuhns answered on October 21, 2009

A
votes
Still can't get it off!!!
L. E. Fuentes answered on October 19, 2009

A
vote
Thanks! I finally got it, but called Kindle support to be convinced I wasn't "forcing" the mechanism to a breaking point. Actually, very simple once done.
L. E. Fuentes answered on October 22, 2009

A
vote
Down actually means towards the little clip.
C. FLEMMER answered on January 19, 2010

A
vote
do not use this cover, the clips under pressure can break the kindle, happened to others, happen to me.
zmw answered on April 6, 2011

A
vote
Mine was bent too. Once I pushed downward on the top clip, I was able to remove the kindle, press down the outer bezel of the kindle back where it belongs, then I had to straighten the top movable clip of the case. It was bent upwards. once I straightened the top clip (it is made of very stiff metal) back to the correct horizantal angle, I was able to re-install the cover and it seems normal to me. The major issue with the case is that while the "spine" end of the kindle is very well secured, the other end of the kindle is free to flop around which is what I suspect caused the clips on mine to get bent.
BJ502 answered on September 17, 2011

A
votes
I just followed the instructions above and found the clip was bent a bit -- now the question is whether I put it on my replaced Kindle or whether the clips will damage it (those cracks that everyone has been talking about)
Merlin answered on March 4, 2010

A
votes
Thanks! I had the same problem, but, the key worked!
kidz in motion answered on January 13, 2011

A
votes
I had the same problem as L. Gernville. I followed your directions and it worked! Thank youQ
T. Williams answered on August 27, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›