Rena Air Pump
|Price:||$46.09 + $6.66 shipping|
|You Save:||$7.90 (15%)|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
- Powerful and constant rates of air flow for superior efficiency
- Ultra quiet
- 3 year guarantee
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Size: 5 3/4" L X 3" W X 2 1/2" H
Top Customer Reviews
I'm apparently slowly working my way through Amazon's stock of Rena Air Pumps.
First I ordered a 400. It was LOUD (bumped a quiet room from 40 to 46db at 1m (kind of making me seriously question Rena's 30db at 1m claims). Once plugged in, it turns out it generated no power on one side. The 400 is supposed to be two 300s in the same enclosure. I'd bought one 300 and one noise maker that didn't push any air. Fortunately, Amazon are awesome about returns.
Given the 400 was only 50% successful, I replaced it with two 300s. That way, if one was faulty, I could keep using the other one while I sent the faulty one back. It's $10 more than a 400 but keeps the tank aerated in case of issues. I'm very glad I did. Sure enough, one works well while one makes a lot of noise and can't drive air through the airlines, let alone produce the air a borrowed 200 is producing.
The lessons I'm learning here are:
1) Rena's quality is *very* variable. You can get very good ones. And you can get very bad ones. I'm running at about a 50% success rate (counting the 400 as two pumps as it is exactly that - two x 300s inside one enclosure).
2) If it's running very loud or barely putting out air, even after you adjust the flow control, you likely got a bad one.
3) Decibels are an incredibly subjective measure. What does 30db at 1m recorded in a silent room really mean in your home? With a TV on, with background noise, it shouldn't be too noticeable. In a quiet room while you're home alone, expect to easily hear it through an aquarium stand and for it to be approaching the noise of a running fridge.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've had my Rena 400 for about 6 years. Strong pressure for a deep tank. It started off very quiet but with age has become louder, but still more quiet than most pumps I've had.Published 4 months ago by Melissa Weathers
1) Decent price
1) Mine quit working after 3 months, you can barely feel air pumping out, but it's not enough to even get through the... Read more
This pump is extremely loud. The small unit is quieter. I returned it.Published 8 months ago by Linda
Mine is several years old and very quiet but it wasn't always. It was very noisy with a knocking sound and poor output until the new diaphragm kit was installed. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Timothy Michelfelder
It's OK but I bought a PETCO after that and it is unbreakable and cheap. Get the big one. You will not be sorry.Published 12 months ago by Apilgrim
Nice little air pump. My son uses it, and he says they work great. And he would know, you betcha.Published 14 months ago by Edward D. Hederman