Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

VINE VOICEon April 10, 2007
These sheets are smooth and comfortable; however, the fabric is thick and substantial, so if you like your sheets cuddly-soft, maybe you won't care for these. I'm one of those people who can't stand to have wrinkles and folds under my feet, so I've fallen in love with them; the fabric will hold up all week without getting stretched, loose, and tangly. I do wish they had done an extra row of stitching on the elastic of the fitted sheet, but at this price I suppose you can't have everything--and if it becomes necessary, I do have a needle-----somewhere-----I think.

I like the café color very much--it's a rich gold, deeper and not as yellow as the golds of yesteryear. The sheets launder well; if you take them out of the dryer promptly and iron just the top hem (Iron an entire sheet? I don't think so.), the whole set looks smooth and inviting.

So I'm very pleased. Now if I could just get my husband to let me tuck in the sheets at the bottom of his side of the bed, life would be good.
2222 comments|568 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2010
I bought 2 sets of these sheets in King size White. They were packaged well, came quickly and were as described. BUT - one set was "made in India" and one set was "made in China." The made in India set were noticable softer, with what appeared to be a finer weave to the fibers. The set made in China had a "diamond" weave to the fabric, and were much rougher on the skin. Everything else about the sets were identical - same sizes, same construction - just completely different textiles used to construct them.

I'm returning the China made sheets and ordering another set in hopes for a made in india set, which are fantastic.
44 comments|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2010
The sheets were what we expected. ...thick and luxurious feeling. I love sleeping in them. With that said, I can tell you that after reading lots of linen reviews that people have widely varying opinions as to what nice feeling sheets should resemble. You will either love these or hate them based on your individual preferences. What some feel to be "soft" means flimsy and paper thin to others. What some feel to be thick and luxurious is called stiff and scratchy by others. There is a world of difference between "satin" sheets (which these are not) and good quality linens (which these are). I suggest you know the difference before ordering these. If you want paper-thin, slippery smooth, satin-feeling sheets, then these are probably not for you. If you want some good sheets with substance and body to them, these are well worth the money.
on February 3, 2013
Hello there, Im writing a review about 4 months after purchasing this product. First off when I got these sheets they were great...had that nice thick 600 thread feeling. These sheets were purchased so I could trade out my other ones for these ones in case I didn't have time to get washed and put on immediately.

After about 8-10x washing I noticed a piling up of the fabric! This was very frustrating cause I know that 600 Thread count sheets shouldn't do that! I cannot stand feeling that piling of the fabric while sleeping.

So please take as a helpful hint because I wish I had listened to other peoples similar reviews. I just passed by thinking what a great Deal being only $50 (which I noticed now they are $60!) and reading other peoples great reviews. (which I think they did the review right when they got the sheets and not after some washing)
on February 10, 2007
They are thick and soft and well made. They're deep enough to fit all but the thickest pillowtop mattresses. Great deal and feel like they will last.
on September 10, 2009
I bought the chocolate Renaissance sheets. They are the worse sheets that I have ever purchased. They are rough and very wrinkled after washing. I can't imagine they are 600 thread count. I have purchased better quality sheets at the big box stores.
on June 7, 2013
Highly not recomending this product or seller ill be lucky if it has 60 thread counts and definately not worth more then 20$ it is the same quality as you can buy at flea market for 10$ very disappointed
on January 24, 2007
I just recently purchased these sheets and they are just wonderful. I love the deep rich color. They feel so luxurious against my skin. They are SOFT, THICK, and Very COMFORTABLE. I look forward to getting in bed at night. They are well worth the price; which is a great deal by the way!
on March 15, 2013
My husband and I began buying this sheet set about 5 years ago.

Set 1: We started with the ivory and it was 100% cotton, Made in China, a little stiff, and the fitted sheet was a tight fit on our tall TemperPedic mattress. The hem of the top sheet and pillow cases was a standard lip. Eventually the fitted sheet's elastic lost its magic and it became thread bare in a few parts, so we reordered. We just use one set at a time, no swap outs on laundry day. We wash and re put on the bed for years of use, so that would be the reason for the threadbare areas. I think if I were better about rotating out sets they would last longer.

Set 2: We wanted something a little darker than the ivory, so went with the Cafe. Again, it was 100% cotton, Made in China. This set, though, was incredibly silky soft and the fitted sheet gave us no problems on the tall mattress, it fit beautifully. Through use, the bottom sheet would get stretched out, making it wrinkle and crease beneath you. We'd have to straighten the bed each night and pull it tighter. Minor inconvenience, but still fine and would shrink back after laundry day. The hem of the top sheet and pillow cases was a thick, beautiful, shiny embroidered floss, fully covering the seam. Eventually, this set also became thread bare in a few parts, calling for another reorder.

Set 3: We reordered the Cafe, since we liked the color and it would match our existing bedroom drapes and duvet. This set is once again 100% cotton, but Made in India this time. This current set is a little stiff, but still soft and comfortable. The fitted sheet is a little snugger to fit over our deep mattress in comparison to our 2nd set, but not as bad as the 1st set. This is fine with me, because it keeps its place while you sleep and we haven't run into the wrinkle or creasing issue. I will also note that this set is a lot more tan and true to a Cafe, creamed coffee color. Our 2nd set was Cafe, but it was a lot more gold, with a very orangey undertone. I like this 3rd set's color better- it's more accurate to the one in the photo. The hem of the current set's top sheet and pillow cases is embroidered floss, but not shiny and is thinner than the 2nd set, it doesn't fully cover the seam.

Overall, these are really nice sheets. Especially for the price. You will not find better anywhere in store or on the internet for this quality thread count and 100% cotton.
Is there a lot of inconsistency? Yes. As somebody who has owned 3 of these sets, back to back, none were alike in any way, except being 600 thread count and 100% cotton. They were made in different countries, they had different hem features. Their colors differed, their fitted sheet sizing differed, and their feeling differed.
Despite being different, none of the differences are enough to warrant me NOT liking the product, not reordering the product, or not recommending the product. It seems to just be the roll of the dice- you get what you get. I feel bad for the people who say their sheets were uncomfortable or a bad fit. But Amazon has an amazing return policy. Even the reviewer that said he'd had his 3 months and washed them many times was still offered a 50% refund. No other store would allow that. It's worth the risk to get great sheets at a great price. If you open them and don't like them, or you wash them and don't like the feel, then just return them. No harm, no foul. I've rolled the dice 3 times and been happy with all 3 sets.
on April 3, 2007
I loved these sheets when I first received them and would have written a glowing review then. However, now that I have washed them twice there is no sheen to them and every single inch on them is pilled. They look terrible but I haven't slept on them yet since they pilled so I don't know how that will feel. Hopefully it won't be noticeable. No one sees these sheets other than me and my husband, but I am very disappointed with these considering I've had cheaper sheet sets for 8 years that haven't reacted this way. By the way, I ordered the set in chocolate and it is a nice color if brown is what you want. Maybe it's possible that certain colors pill and some don't? I have read other reviews that people said their sheets pilled also.