Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback

on January 1, 2010
Okay, this is a tuff one but I will try to be specific because I always check reviews before a purchase. I was shocked that I could even find king size sheets for $39.99 not to mention that they were 600 thread count but I thought I'd give them a try. Reviews were all over the place, but you won't find mine differing too much from them but hopefully a little more specific.

Basically I have to say, I am a little surprised that the sheets, for the price, are a nice weight (heavier than you'd expect), but the reason I stop short of giving them 5 stars is because they are NOT as soft as you would expect 600 thread count sheets to be. I washed them first to get that disgusting 'new sheet' smell out of them, and then made up the bed. We have a very thick pillow-top mattress and the sheets fit them great! I have now washed them a second time and they feel about the same, soft enough, but not like expensive sheets. SO - if you are looking for good quality sheets at an amazing price and you are used to using 250-300 thread count sheets, these are the sheets for you. If you are thinking you have hit the mother load with 600 thread count sheets for only $39.99 and expect them to be soft as a baby's bottom, you will be a disappointed. Hope this helps.
11 comment|651 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2009
November 9, 2010 update: Please do not buy these sheets. Over the past 11 months that I have owned these sheets, they probably have been washed about 20 times because I rotate them with two other sets. They continue to shrink. The bottom sheet no longer fits the bottom of the bed. Undoubtedly this is the worst sheet set that I have ever owned. The remainder of this review is my initial assessment after the first wash, followed by the January 2010 second wash.

There are mixed reviews regarding these sheets. Here is my experience with them.

Before shopping for sheets, it is imperative to know the depth of your mattress. I have a pillowtop with a 2 inch foam pad on top of that, for a total of 14 ¾ inches. I bought these sheets specifically on the basis that they were 600 thread count and because of this statement on the webpage: "The fitted sheet is fully elasticized and has deep 16-inch pockets that will fit today's extra-thick mattresses (up to 18 inches deep). Machine wash and tumble dry for easy care." What I didn't have access to until I received the sheets were the actual washing instructions, which are to (1) machine wash in cold water separately, and (2) tumble dry low. They were made in India.

Putting the sheets on the bed directly from the package, the fitted sheet definitely would fit an 18 inch deep mattress; there was room to spare to the point that I had to tuck in the bottom sheet. There was a nice, shiny sateen finish to the sheets. I was further impressed because the top sheet was ample, to the point that there was a 16 inch drape on each side, and around 5 to 6 inches to tuck in at the bottom. The pillow cases were very ample.

I followed the washing and drying instructions exactly. Naturally, I expected a little shrinkage. However, after the first wash and dry, the bottom sheet now just fits my 14 ¾ inch deep mattress. The top sheet lost length, probably between 3 and four inches, and maybe two inches on the width. The pillow cases are a snugger, but not difficult, fit. This information is provided because if you intend to use these sheets for an 18 inch deep mattress, they may not fit after the first wash. Since they shrank on a low dryer setting, my guess is that you would have to air dry the sheets in order to prohibit shrinkage.

Regarding the sateen finish, it is gone, but the sheets are soft, not scratchy (used a dryer sheet). This is more information than you want, but my husband sleeps sans bedclothes, so you know these sheets have to be soft. Insofar as wrinkles, I take my sheets out immediately; these do not wrinkle too badly, but do not expect wrinkle free. I will be updating this review once I have washed the sheets a couple more times as to whether additional shrinkage occurs.

January 11, 2010 update: Second wash. Remember my mattress measurements (above) and that the first time I washed exactly per instructions. The second time I washed in warm water/cold rinse because I just want the sheets clean plus they shrank so much the first time that they couldn't possibly shrink more, right? Wrong. They shrunk again. I would change my rating to one star because:
1. The bottom sheet now goes on with a struggle. Don't even think of getting these for a mattress of 15-inch depth or more unless you are prepared to clean these sheets with absolutely no heat whatsoever. Even then, they might shrink.
2. The top sheet barely tucks in, both on the length and the width. To get it to tuck in lengthwise, the sheet must be dropped down from the top of the mattress. There's nothing to be done about the problem of the width; the tuck in amount is only about two inches on each side, meaning they will come out fairly easily.
3. There is absolutely no sheen to these sheets now, if that matters to you. At least they are still soft, but in every other way, these sheets are a big disappointment, and I cannot recommend them.
1515 comments|267 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2009
I was skeptical for the price and the few reviews that stated they were rough and not soft enough. Got them a week ago. Pulled out of the package and thought WOW, what were people talking about being scratchy. Washed with softner anyway but don't think really needed.. They are SOOOOOOO nice. Yes, they do wrinkle (ALOT), but didn't bother me and once on the bed smoothed out. We have a temperpedic and they fit great with ample room for the fitted if you have a deep pocket bed. The top sheet is nice and long, tucked it way under the bed. We always have used flannel year round for the softness. So trust me, I was leary. They are so soft. I love crawling into bed. Think I'll go take a nap right now! LOL. I feel they are well worth every penny and will be buying another set!!! Got the cafe' color and it is "golder" in color then the image on my PC. Worked great for me though. Big time recommend.
0Comment|177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2010
At first I thought these sheets were fabulous...well made and very luxurious right out of the package. I washed them before putting them on the bed and noticed the fitted sheet was a little snug and the flat sheet barely tucked under at the foot of the bed, but I was so pleased with the material that I decided to keep them and didn't think I could return them after washing. With each weekly washing they have shrunk even more and trying to get the fitted sheet on has become more and more frustrating as it now barely fits the mattress which is a 15" Stearns and Foster from the Estate Collection (just for those of you with the same mattress set considering these sheets) and the flat sheet doesn't tuck in at all. Also, the pillow cases are funky...I use standard size pillows and the cases just cover the length of the pillow but are very wide. While I love the fabric used in these sheets, I would never buy another set and do not recommend them.
22 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2008
When I saw the price of these sheets they seemed to cheap to be of good quality. I figured I'd take a chance and order one set to see if they were of decent quality. I was impressed by what I received. They are well made, and held up well to their first washing. I would compare them to sheet sets that I have paid over $100 for in the past. I was so impressed with the quality that I ordered two more sets for myself, and another set for my son and his wife. You can't beat the quality for the price anywhere that I have seen, and with free shipping it was a no brainer.
on January 11, 2009
I ordered these sheets in the moss green. I love the color, but they are like sleeping on paper! They even sound like it! I have repeatedly washed them and used liquid fabric softner to no avail. The reviews confuse me. Did I just get a bad set? Mine are not soft to sleep on, they are noisy!
on December 21, 2008
I was very disappointed with these sheets. With over 600 thread count I expected these sheets to be quite soft. This is not the case at all - sheets are quite hard and uncomfortable to sleep on.
on November 24, 2008
This is a wonderful sheet set, especially for the price! They are generously sized and so soft! I'm going to buy another set and highly recommend this product.
on December 7, 2008
I am a sheet freak. These sheets were exactly what I wanted, soft, smooth, cool, beautiful. Even my husband loves them. I bought 2 sets and would buy more in the future.
on May 7, 2009
These sheets are very rough to skin, slightly disappointed due to thread count. But overall, a very heavy thick sheet. Would keep warm, but not very silky.

See 1 answered question