5.0 out of 5 stars Have Used Many Times
Published on December 21, 2006 by Reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Effective...For The Most Part
I finally decided to try this product after feeling the need to de-toxify my body. Did it work? Well, it didn't not work.

I used CleanseSmart in conjunction with FiberSmart, as recommended (and it's a lot of pills to take in a day). I didn't experience any diarrhea and definitely had more output than normal, which I considered a good thing. This product...
Published on February 15, 2007 by K. O'Connor

5.0 out of 5 stars Have Used Many Times, December 21, 2006
Okay, some of the other reviews have disturbed me, so I feel as if I need to place a review here. I have used this product along with Oil Smart and Fiber Smart. The important thing to note is that this is a 7 pathway cleanse. The pills taken in the morning are for cleansing for skin, circulation, lymphatic system, etc. The night pills are to assist in elimination via the bowels. This product will cause diarrhea and a LOT of bowel movement at first, but it levels out after the first 3 or 4 days. Adjust the evening pills as necessary. Don't take 2 a night if you have excessive bowel movements, you may only need to take one every 2 or 3 nights. This is NOT a diet aid; it is a cleanse. You will lose weight if you follow the eating recommendations, drink lots of water and sweat for 30 minutes a day, and stay on the cleanse for 30 days. But, no pill is a fix all.

How I recommend doing it is as follows:

1. Start the cleanse on a Thursday and don't make plans for the first weekend. Take one AM pill first thing in the morning before you eat and one PM pill before you go to bed. You will want to include Oil Smart and Fiber Smart as recommended to assist with the cleanse process.

2. Friday, one AM pill in the morning and one PM pill at night. You may notice an increase in stool activity. Usually, it doesn't really hit me until closer to the end of the day. You will want to be by a toilet. Don't hold it, just go. You will want to include Oil Smart and Fiber Smart as recommended to assist with the cleanse process.

3. Saturday, same routine as Thursday and Friday. One AM pill in the morning and one PM pill at night. You will want to include Oil Smart and Fiber Smart as recommended to assist with the cleanse process.

4. Sunday and each additional day of the cleanse after that, increase your dosage of the AM pills to 2 in the morning and depending on your stool activity -- 2 PM's at night. If you have excessive stool activity, either skip the PM pills or take only one PM pill. This will help regulate how much elimination will occur. You need to ensure that you are going 3 times a day, but it gets better after days 3 and 4.

By days 3 and 4, that is when I've had to stay by a bathroom. Best to be home during those days.

You will need to make sure that you follow the diet recommendations in the pamphlet to get the most out of the cleanse, lean meats - poultry, fish, vegetables, etc. Also, drink plenty of water, and try to sweat for 30 minutes a day. Even if it is just sitting in a hot bath tub. This is a 7 pathway cleanse, and this includes getting rid of waste through your skin as well.

I have done this cleanse a few times, and the times that I have followed the instructions, I have had more energy, my skin has been clear, and I have felt better. I have also lost about 10% of my body weight. During the times that I just took the pills and did not sweat or drink enough water, my skin has broken out and I've felt sluggish.

Be smart about taking this. Don't do it because you think a pill is gonna fix you, do it if you are concerned with a total cleanse and are willing to do your part by following the recommendations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Here is the truth about it as I see it....warning graphic!, October 25, 2006
This product is very effective at what it does but, like many cleansing products a certain amount of discomfort will be had. You see, for most people cleansing themselves internally no matter the product used or how the process is carried out, will always be an unsavory idea. That's because of the organs and bodily processes (i.e. the colon & elimination) involved. I mean to say, would anyone (even if they were palpably sick want to take an enema?!! This product in some ways especially when combined with the "Fibersmart"> (it's absolutely necessary so that the toxins you just cleansed yourself of, aren't re-absorbed by your body but rather pushed out of your bowel) product by the same maker, is just that.

But really, what do you expect? The average American has litterally pounds of bacteria, toxins (metals, chemicals etc) and impacted material (due to rotten food from eating the wrong type such as highly processed, trapped putrified meats, and low levels of good quality fiber) in their systems. It took years to get that way.

Folks this product frankly, is about as mild as it's gonna get. That's why it's spread over 1 or two months. To reduce the impact of the removal of years worth of trash in your system. Most people's bodies have been traumitized by years of "super low octane fuel", poor digestion, once or twice a week elimination, etc.,. Many people (male and female young and old) are suffering from self induced mystery illnesses due to the overconsumption of sugars and the resulting increase of yeast and the toxins they release (google this...) And this product is designed to cleanse all of the major bodily systems, lymphatic, digestive etc., so I received an overall feeling of better health.

Follow the processes included in the box to the letter including the candida/yeast free diet found at the renew life website and you might see in 7 to 10 days:,... ok as close as possible and you will see several marks of better and improving health: Increased alertness, More energy, Complete Eliminations (no more "reading magazines" 'cause your bowel muscles become so strong and healthy that, well, there is very little effort involved, or time... You might expect daily or twice daily eliminatins that are predictable and "efficient"). <1 to 2 minutes at the most and I'm not kidding> Your food will complete a 24hr cycle or less, your skin clears, and a lot more...

As you can see I am sold on the product. How has it helped me? Well, its reduced or eliminated my thrush, reduced or eliminated my morning breath, improved my digestion, greatly improved my elimination (its complete and my bowel has a "empty" almost squeaky clean feel to it. My stomache has flattened because, well, the food is moving more efficiently now. I eat better because I'm following the great diet it reccomends. I feel less aches in my joints I have more energy and my skin has gained a glow to it. My urine is light yellow to clear, I've lost 6 ponds etc., etc., etc.,.

If you want to improve your health you will have to experience a paradigm shift about how you think of your body and its purpose: What is good health? What should you put into your body?, etc. In the old days when a person was sick the old folks would ask first: "When is the last time you had a bowel movement?" I'm telling you folks start here and move forward with better health. by the way, I know this isn't traditional medicine so it's not fair to say it will cure you of anything, but it has worked for me, so I can't speak for others in case I did so above. You may have some diarrhea or cramps but for me they lessened when I took a break or reduced the dosage from time to time. But again cleaning your system out is about taking out what doesn,t belong. So as the product wakes your system up, maybe you can expect a little discomfort.

I tried this product and I can't tell you how it's changed my life.

HeHe : ) but this long review is a start.

5.0 out of 5 stars If this is your first internal cleanse... DO NOT USE THIS FORMULA, April 9, 2007
E. Darius Nichols "TV Freak" (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Many have said that this product did not work or was too harsh.

But, many of you must have been doing an internal cleanse for the first time, and if this is the case you are

starting off with a product that is WAY too strong.

You should first start with the introduction fomula, FIRST CLEANSE. (Which is made by the same company)

CLEANSE SMART should only be used if you have done a internal cleanse before. Otherwise, you get all of the problems everyone has discribed in these reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Addressing some of the commenters, July 22, 2007
LF (Vancouver, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
I can't believe how stupid some of the commenters are, and I commend those of you who have pointed out the obvious. Releasing toxins (detoxifying) involves some discomfort and breakouts, including rashes, pimples, colds etc. Most North Americans have appalling diets and one can't reverse years of poor eating habits overnight or even in 30 days. I have done numerous cleanses over the years and the key is MODERATION. Start gradually (like the instructions recommend) and prepare yourself before you start CleanseSmart or any program with an altered diet for two weeks or a month first. Eliminate dairy and factory-farmed meats (switch to organic chicken, turkey), and eliminate all junk food and refined carbohydrates and eat lots of varied fruits, vegetables, seeds, and nuts (organic if you can get them). Drink plenty of filtered clean water. Exercise moderately, and if you can do some infra-red sauna treatments.

If a person is intent on eating the same old food they've always eaten (factory-farm dairy and meat products, junk food, sugar, and other refined carbohydrates, with a token helping of fresh fruits and vegetables) they will get no benefit and may as well not even bother. This is doubly true for people who smoke. The idea is to make a change.

Yes you may get a cold, yes you may get pimples, or a rash or find a pre-existing condition worsen for a time. This is part of the cleansing process. If you find yourself cleansing too fast or too hard, reduce your intake of pills or stop them altogether (like the instructions also say) until you're ready. Best bet is to change your diet for the better. Do that and you will change your life.

P.S. If you are very toxic, you might want to see a naturopath who has the medical training to guide you through a cleanse.

5.0 out of 5 stars how to avoid diarrhea, January 20, 2010
Miteyoak, thank you for your expertise and detailed instructions. One thing to modify.... CleanseSmart is not intended to give you diarrhea. It even says on the package, "Do not use PM pills if you have or develop abdominal pain, diarrhea, or loose stools." The goal is to have two soft bowel movements per day. I already had that before starting the cleanse, so I used the AM pills by themselves. When I get constipated, I take fiber: Metamucil free and clear, which is 100% inulin. (I can't take RenewLife fiber because I'm allergic to oat grass.) Last night, on my 20th day of CleanseSmart, I took one PM pill; I sure regretted it this morning. PM pills are super-laxatives.

With CleanseSmart, I drink lots of water, eat organic, use natural soaps and lotions, and brush my skin just before my hot baths. Dry skin brushing works wonders; it permanently softens your skin, and it allows more toxins to be removed through your skin when you sweat. Fiber, sweating, and dry skin brushing are very important to assist cleansing, as described in the book "Detox Strategy" by Brenda Watson, developer of RenewLife.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle, effective cleanse A+A+A+A+A+, July 18, 2012
This review is from: Renew Life CleanseSMART, 1 Kit (Health and Beauty)
I have tried a few different cleanses, and I have to say that this one is the best one I have used. It is very gentle, I didn't feel any stomach pains (which other cleanses have done to me). And the elimination part was great...probably 3x more than the normal amount. Leaves you feeling lighter, heightened mental clarity and alertness, energetic, and keeps your weight stable (or you will have weight loss, depends on your diet). I guess with all cleanses, they usually recommend what you should and should not eat during the cleanse. This kit was reasonable such that the list they give you is totally doable. It's not strict...tells you to eat chicken, veggies, fruit, and some grains...(I can't remember the entire list). I feel sticking to the diet is very important in order for the cleanse to be effective. I know someone that did a different cleanse and continued eating junk food and fast food on a routine basis, and told me the cleanse didn't work for them. I highly recommend this kit, it works!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works AMAZING!!! But FOLLOW directions or you will suffer., November 24, 2008
i started this cleansing program just 3 days ago. several review on amazon have rated this item poorly due to constipation/breaking out etc. what you absolutely MUST do while taking this product is DRINK DRINK DRINK! even before this program, i drink between 1-2 gallons of water per day. i have not had any constipation issues a my body is properly hydrated. its individuals not drinking enough that are complaining. you HAVE to drink enough water. simply, take your weight in pounds, divide by 2 and that is the number you should drink in ounces per day. for example, a 150lb individual would drink 75 ounces of water per day. i have started breaking out since taking this product. our skin is another pathway for toxins to come out. its the body's way of purging waste. its not pretty or fun, but it is temporary and worth it in the long run. i still have 27 days to go but i already 10x better than i did before i started this program. i have only done 1 or 2 reviews on amazon but i like this product so much i thought i should review it especially since there are so many negatives on this site. try this program, you wont regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars renew works, November 5, 2006
All I can say is this product does a great job. No cramping. Very natural. Will buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars safe and gentle, February 3, 2006
I have taken two courses of this product with my doctors ok. The first couple of days you know something is happening, but you begin to feel better immediately. Who knew things could be in such good working order? Know what I mean? I am looking for a couple more boxes. I figure a lifetimes worth of toxins cannot be gotten rid of in just a couple of months.... I am glad I gave it a try, I was at my wits end.

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU MUST USE A FIBER LAXATIVE & DRINK LOTS OF WATER, August 30, 2007
Shari D. (Gainesville, FL) - See all my reviews
This product purges toxins from different areas of the body and sends them straight to the intestines to be removed giving your intestines even more stuff that needs to be eliminated. This kit does not contain a fiber supplement and you really must use one to keep the toxins moving on out and not being re-absorbed and to avoid constipation. I personally think it should be sold with fiber but that's just my opinion. Even if you are going to the bathroom twice per day you should use a fiber supplement and drink lots of water during any detox to assist with speedy and complete removal of what was purged from other organs. This will also reduce constipation, cramping, etc. Detox is not pretty or easy and the worse you are the harder the detox, if you are complaining loudly about the detox you probably need it most!

Renew Life CleanseSMART, 1 Kit