5.0 out of 5 stars Best probiotics I have found
Published on July 29, 2012 by Joyce O'Neill

2.0 out of 5 stars Stomach acid!
Published 8 months ago by sheriann

5.0 out of 5 stars Best probiotics I have found, July 29, 2012
This review is from: Renew Life Ultimate Flora Super Critical 200 Billion, 23.1-Gram (Health and Beauty)
I am a healthcare practitioner, so I have some background in this. First let me state how important colon health is to your overall health. Your digestive system is where food is processed and distributed to your body. When it isn't working properly, it can affect any other system. Hence, you may develop a skin disease, for instance. This is just one of hundreds of examples. So, it's IMPORTANT. That said, it's also important what you put into it. The more processed foods, the more you are, let's say, 'gunking' up the system. Do your research on what to eat and what not to.

Ok, health lesson over, here's my story with Renew Life probiotics. I contracted C-Diff, which in a new, stronger strain is out in the public sector. I was not on antibiotics (which is another way you can it), I'm not entirely sure how I got it, possibly from a public toilet. None the less, there is only one affordable medicine, of which I was on my second course when I decided to add some heavy duty probiotics (with MD's approval). I found the Renew Life Ultimate (which is a powder--tasteless--that you take for a week). By day 5 I felt a difference and noticed that I was feeling better. A week later I had a negative C-Diff test and a month after that another. I was lucky. What you are doing is replacing the probiotics in your colon. These normally will be able to fight off things like C-Diff, if you are otherwise healthy. Since I would not wish C-Diff on my worst enemy, I would recommend a 2 week course. It is a very nasty, and potentially lethal, little bug. Not something to fool around with. The one antibiotic available affordably is targeted (it not full-spectrum) but it is not without side effects. Take the probiotics. Let them help. If you think they work for you, tell your gastroenterologist, spread the word. We need people to know how to combat this new strain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked 100%, June 13, 2013
I suffered from yeast over growth for years and was taking prescription meds almost every month to control it but it never went away. Finally I picked this product up and I'm cured after 20 years I have been 5 months without any symptoms. If anything ever returns, I will be running to get this again.
Tip: I always stirred it in a small amount of fruit juice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Healed!!, September 8, 2013
I was on antibiotics, 10 days of Amoxicillin, 5 days Z-pack, then a few days of Clindamycin (hurt my stomach really badly so I stopped early) After all this my stomach felt like it was all messed up, lots of crampy pain, couldn't eat anything without getting heartburn (not even crackers) just awful! Bought this and it's like night and day. I feel so much better! Totally healed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Probiotic, November 18, 2012
I ordered this after taking a round of antibiotics. I've read that it can take up to 9 months to re-build your good gut bacteria after taking antibiotics and with the cold and flu season in full swing, I wanted to get a jump start on that.

Although I can see why people would be concerned about the product being shipped while not refrigerated, the company's website states: "Renew Life probiotics are able to withstand short‐term temperature spikes. For example, the stability of two key strains (Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium) was tested under high heat (up to 122°F) for 5 consecutive days with excellent stability even at 122°F. These testing conditions were designed to be much more extreme than actual shipping conditions, which may reach high temperatures during the day, and lower temperatures during the night for only 3‐4 days. The testing conditions were at high temperatures for 7 consecutive days/nights." It sounds like the product will be just fine if shipped.

Others have also complained about the taste. Although this really comes down to personal preference, to me there is no bad taste at all. In fact, mixed with a cup of orange juice, I didn't taste anything. Considering the product is not flavored and that you are drinking/eating a packet of 100% probiotic, you really can't expect it to taste like something it isn't.

I'm on day 2 of the 7 day program and so far no negative side effects; just a feeling of stable digestion.

When this program is done, I plan to follow up with a daily 100 billion CFU product.

5.0 out of 5 stars My latest Blood Test was Great!, March 31, 2013
I was getting higher and higher white blood cell counts on my checkups at the doctors and was becoming concerned. The doctor told me if it remained high I would have to have more tests which I wasn't looking forward to. So I started taking this product two weeks before my last blood test and my white blood cell count was brought back down to almost within the normal range again. I also had some skin issues that are also clearing up. I'm not sure if I have "leaky gut" but I must have needed a probiotic because I am doing so much better. I will continue using this product followed by the Ultimate Flora "50 Billion" product to keep my body happy. I also noticed other improvements in my digestion and elimination that I feel are directly linked to taking this probiotic! I will stay on this probiotic because for me it is really working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, January 29, 2013
I have struggled for years with candida overgrowth (stool test confirmed recently along with parasites and bacteria in my intestines) a compromised gut can throw the whole body off. My issues manifest as cognitive/psychological problems, ie depression, anxiety. Also, fatigue.

Anyway, I am in an intensive treatment to balance my gut. Part of that entails using antibiotics to kill off the bad bacteria and parasites. U fortune lay, when you use antibiotics, they also kill the good bacteria and make candida thrive!

To combat this I am drinking goat milk kefir, kevita ( a probiotic drink) and taking this Ultra critical care probiotic formula. So far, my tummy is not acting up and my candida is kept to a manageable roar.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stomach acid!, April 5, 2014
Very depressed about this product, it set me back 2 days after using it. I have kidney problems and have been on Ultimate Flora time released capsules for 5 months, and they have helped me so much with my health. I have started kidney problems again after 2 days on the powder 200 billion, and have stopped taking it. I never thought about the time release capsules being so important, but they are critical to by-pass stomach acid!! I have started back on there capsules and so thankful to be ok again! I will be ordering Ultimate Flora 50 billion capsules from Amazon from now on, great price and for me, tried and true!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a fan, January 7, 2012
AM (Tennessee) - See all my reviews
Like many other products there are so many choices out there that it can become daunting in trying to decide what brand, strength, and product to buy. And while I'm not "sick" in the sense of dealing with a disease process, I would say that I do have a slightly weaker immune system. Also working in healthcare, daily, doesn't help matters for me. I have been using this product in particular, and this brand, for roughly 2 years with great success. Success = staying healthy and not getting sick as often as co-workers/family.
I have used other brands, and while I like the others fine, I like these better. Would heartily recommend these, as I often do to my patients, and find that consistent use is very helpful to my overall health. I use the 200 billion to be on the "better safe, than sorry" side, for weeks/times that I feel I could be coming down with something. Otherwise I supplement with the 80 billion Critical Care for daily use.
These are powder packets (not pills) and require you put put them in something to consume them. I personally like to use a yogurt drink (lassi, kefir, yogurt) or almond milk to take these, finding it doesn't bother my stomach -at all- to take in this method.
Money well spent, very effective product.
**As an aside, I also find this product helps with my rosacea. Not sure what exactly the connection is (other than the gut [H.Pylori] theories out there). But I do notice a marked and rapid (overnight) improvement on my face when I use this!!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE Best Probiotic out there!, September 19, 2013
Have used this product for several years now with absolutely great results. In fact, 2 years ago I put my mother on this probiotic to help her with lymphatic colitis. She used this product for 1 week and then used the RenewLife 80 billion for 30 days thereafter, and then kept cycling thru each product for about a year. Within the 1st week she ceased having the most difficult symptoms of her colitis. Within a few months she was able decrease the medication she was on (cholestapol) by 75%. After 1 year she is now colitis-free and taking no medication! Life begins and ends in the digestive tract.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Flora is helping with my immunity, MRSA infection and intestinal pain!!!!, March 19, 2011
Linnea (United States) - See all my reviews
I have an immunity disorder and am currently battling CA-MRSA. Antibiotics wiped out my gut flora and steroids damaged my tissues, creating utter turmoil and inflammation internally. The bulk of your immunity is in your guts, so I was catching every bug around and felt completely miserable all the time. Excruciating stomach cramps, diarrhea, bloating, etc. I tried this for seven days mixed in either a cup of rice milk or peanut butter on a rice cake, and I felt SO much better within about 3 days! I also recommended this to a friend with gastritis, and she feels pretty awesome right now. A must have for somebody in dire need of an immunity boost/intestinal aid.

If you or a loved one have EVER been on antibiotics, YOU NEED THIS RIGHT NOW!!!!! Yogurt is NOT ENOUGH! I also have serious food allergies and this product does not aggravate them, woohoo!! Probiotics also help crowd out bad bacteria, so I plan on taking this regularly for the rest of my life. Thank you!