Renewing without permission

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 4, 2011 3:21:48 PM PDT
Around the time when my McAfee virus protection software was ready to be renewed, instead of getting a renewal notice from McAfee, I suddenly found a new purchase on my American express card on a Sunday morning for over $94.00. The old home virus protection program was only $39.00. Later that day I received a "Thank You for Your Order Letter" from McAfee, after I already cancelled the order with American Express. This is nothing more then a scam and I will never use them again. JL

Posted on May 10, 2011 6:36:58 PM PDT
Troy Parson says:
Same here. I did not give anyone permission to "automatically" charge me a fee that was totally unreasonable.

Posted on May 14, 2011 12:12:05 PM PDT
A. K. says:
When you start your subscription, it automatically turns on their Always On Protection (automatic renewal), so that if you're a procrastinator, you don't put off your renewal until it's expired. You can turn this off easily by going to McAfee.com and going to your account. Unfortunately companies have to put so much junk in the Terms and Conditions that nobody will ever read it, so they don't know the auto-renewal is on by default.

Posted on Jun 9, 2011 9:10:14 AM PDT
Totoro says:
Diotto. Sneaky business model.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  May 4, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 9, 2011

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Total Protection 2011
Total Protection 2011 by McAfee (Windows Vista / XP Home Edition / XP Professional)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (276)