5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent alternative to the other DIY BKTs out there.
Published on November 15, 2011 by Sterling

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter Failure
Published on May 14, 2012 by FuzzHead

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent alternative to the other DIY BKTs out there., November 15, 2011
This review is from: Renpure Organics Brazilian Keratin 14 Day Straight Treatment, 4 Ounce (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
I started using at home BKTs this year after not relaxing my type 4b super-coarse, super thick hair for four years. I originally started out with Organix's kit with the excellent results, but the fact the it reddened my hair annoyed me and I was a little apprehensive of the ingredient list. I stumbled upon Renpure website and decided to try out their treatment (it is relatively cheap, much cheaper than Organix). I am very very pleased with results - I can apply it with my hands, I can use as much or as little as I want, and it doesn't discolor my hair at all. Just smooth, shiny, manageable hair. I'm sold. I really hope this catches on with black women who are looking for a safe, easy method to obtain straight hair (or anyone looking to super-shiny smoothness to their hair, period), and I especially love the fact the it isn't permanent so I can go back to my natural hair texture whenever. I would advise anyone to try this, just be sure to use only sulfate and sodium free shampoos (Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and Conditioner is simply THE BEST moisturizing combo out there, hands down), and be sure use a flat iron the reaches temps of 450 degrees (most important). Also, Renpure's Argan Oil products complement this excellently.

Black women with super curly or kinky hair, who use dangerous chemicals such as lye on their it (which causes irreversible damage), try this. You won't be disappointed. I wasn't.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great at home BKT - Safe & affordable!, February 3, 2012
UPDATE**2/9/12** Still loving this product for its ease of use and lack of fumes-- but it does NOT hold up to humidity the way that the Organix BKT does~so therefore did not last the full 14 days, so I changed from 5 stars to 4-- I live in Houston (Humidity Central) and it rained...ALOT...and my doo poufed up :( Still--without the fumes, I can deal with this as I can re-apply this at the end of the week again. I think I will possibly alternate between this and the Organix for future treatments because the Oraganix does hold up in humidity...alternating I think will keep the Organix from turning my hair too orange--& I will still keep searching for more great at home BKT's! :)
****************************************************************************************************************************
I was previously using Organix at home BKT--and it worked and did its job well. However the fumes when sealing the Keratin in started to get to me. I ran across this product on accident and BOY am I glad I did!!!

It is sooooo EASY to apply~ no gloves necessary...it smells WONDERFUL~ I think any product that does not have you cover up your hands with gloves when applying is a testament to how safe and natural it is. I applied it with my glove free hands which really allowed me to get in all the "cracks and crevices" of my hair. Left in in for 30 minutes (no burning sensation whatsoever)...did a blow dry/flat iron --and the best part...NO CRAZY FUMES! NONE~ it was magnificent! Let me just reiterate the benefits of this product:

*the price...Helllloooo! $5.99 for 1 bottle, $11.98 for 2 bottles
*my hair is past my shoulders and I only used 1/2 a bottle--if you get 2 bottles you should be able to do 4 applications
*no gloves required
*no fumes when blow drying/flat ironing
*did NOT change my hair color
*super soft & straight great looking results

As I am African-American and have coarse, unruly hair--I was skeptical of how this product would work on my hair--as I am with most products--lol--I thought--"This is not going to work on my hair!" But **SURPRISE** it did--and worked AMAZING too boot! It looked and felt great after sealing the product in~ but the true test is the next day when you wash it--after washing, my hair was wavy and kind of "tight" and I thought "uh-oh, the $5.99 product was too good to be true" BUT--when I blew my hair dry, it was soft, supple, super straight and moved--just exactly what I wanted.
The best part is if you just want something temporary to straighten your hair~this is perfect--if you decide you don't want pin straight hair anymore, you can wash this out with normal shampoo and be back to your natural hair--no commitment necessary...if you want to maintain this, you can use sulfate free shampoo and you can put this in as often as you like without damaging your hair with a relaxer--SCORE!!
It's been over a week and my hair still looks amazing--heck, at this price even if it DOESN'T last 14 days--it is affordable (and safe) enough to do it again even sooner than the 2 weeks. I could actually safely do this EVERY WEEK and STILL not spend as much as other treatments cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best BKT out there!, November 19, 2011
K. Lane "KDL" (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I have to agree with the previous reviewer. I don't usually write reviews b/c of Amazon Big Brothers. But, I have to say, (if this gets posted), that this stuff is amazing. I just used it on my post relaxer 5 month old african american not sure hair type. Hair is usually fine and fizzy. OMG!!! I cannot stop touching my hair. The instructions and directions are very easy, you cannot mess this up. I just went back online to purchase as much of this stuff as I could afford today!!! Will be back to stockpile. I am never relaxing my hair again. No need, none.

5.0 out of 5 stars Was skeptical, then pleasantly surprised :), January 21, 2012
I bought this treatment first, then the following day after using treatment went back to Bed Bath and got the shampoo and conditioner to go with it. I would have to say I was quite pleasantly surprised after the treatment; I followed the quite simple instructions and really liked how the treatment made my frizzy slightly coarse wavy asian hair almost pin straight. I was like, no way this will keep tomorrow. I was even more amazed when i washed my hair the next day with the shampoo and conditioner and just just let it air dry after towel drying, and never had to use my blow dryer nor my flat iron straightener and it stayed fairly straight. Day two though not quite as straight after just air drying. There were some waves but my hair wasn't frizzy at all. So for the following days forward, I found that slightly air drying, then running the flat iron over my hair a few times at the med to low settings did the trick (hair remaining still slightly damp after, and it's one of those wet to straight irons.) Althought eventually in the following days, some slight waves came back especially if I used a scrunchy to tie my hair back for a bit while at work. Over all, now day 14, still quite pleased with the results. I also noticed fewer breakages and less tangling. Note: I wash my hair everyday, and always have. So for a treatment with shampoo and conditioner combo, these 3 are pretty good products (especially for the price!! The shampoo and conditioner were discounted at BB.) Now I wonder if I should stock up since I only have one of each...?

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter Failure, May 14, 2012
I tried this "straightening treatment" twice. First time I did it at home, following the directions exactly. I waited the 24 hrs to shampoo and condition, towel-dried my hair and watched it kink up into the usual birdnest. I thought I'd try conditioning, rinsing and blow-drying. Same poofy, frizzy mop of hair. I thought maybe I didn't use enough or maybe my flat iron didn't go hot enough so I had my hairdresser do it. He used a full bottle (I have long, thick hair), my hair was literally dripping with it. He used his flat iron that specifically said 450*. Waited the 24hrs, shampooed, conditioned.....and said a few colorful words and threw the second bottle of treatment in the garbage. Total waste of time. Total waste of money. I thought it was too good to be true. However, the shampoo and conditioner are awesome. My hair is softer, less frizzy and not one bit dry, after using the shamp/cond for about 6 weeks. I had terribly dry hair due to 2 pregnancies in 2 years and hypothyroidism and tried everything out there and this shamp/cond was the only thing that worked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never use a relaxer again, March 3, 2012
I have been chemical free for 2 years, but I needed something that would help maintain my hair. After researching and spending tons of money on different high end conditioners, I came across this product one day in my local drug store. I initial went loooking for the Organx brand, but I read to many reviews where people were questioning the ingredients so I decided to try Renpur. I am overly impressed. My hair looks like I have a relaxer, but minus the thinning, breakage and it has a beautiful shine. I love it! I would highly recommend and this is definitely the product I will be using going forward. Oh and the shampoo and conditioners are great as well. I combed my hair with the conditioner in it and not one strand came out.

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works!, April 1, 2013
This is a great product for the price. It does the job, My hair is coarse 3C/4A so it only last 7-14 days like it says maybe a little longer. I recommend deep conditioning a few days to a week before because, your hair will dry out from all the heat that you need to seal the Keratin.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, May 16, 2012
I don't know what type of hair I may have, but my hair is wavy, thick and coarse, and this product did not work on my hair. I bought it with hopes of getting at least frizz free hair and after reading the positive reviews about this product, I bought the whole thing, shampoo, conditioner, and this treatment, I spent a lot of time blow drying my hair (I have a LOT of hair) and then flat ironed it, I even bought a new flat iron because the old one I had did not heat up to 450f, and after the 24 hr period I shampooed and voila, same old crappy frizzy but shiny and sort of smooth hair.... meh what did I expect for 6 bucks....

Ahhh and ALSO forgot to add that it made my scalp very itchy!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT make hair straight., April 21, 2012
I bought this product hoping it would make my hair straight but it DIDN'T!! It only made my hair more light weight and some-what more manegeable. . . . .

2.0 out of 5 stars Is probably not for everyone, April 8, 2012
Is suppose to straighten the hair but it didn't do that on mine. It did leave it very smooth, and it makes it look healthier. I will probably keep using it because of that, but I have to find another hair straightener that will work on my hair.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

$14.99
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.