5.0 out of 5 stars If you can stand it
There are others that are more convenient, easier to apply and smell better. However, this stuff flat works (if it doesn't knock you out when you first apply it). If you absolutely don't want to get bit, this is the stuff.
Published 24 months ago by Norris D. Boyd Jr.

2.0 out of 5 stars GREASY THICK SPRAY
Published 4 months ago by MLawrence

5.0 out of 5 stars If you can stand it, March 4, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars nice for travel, March 3, 2012
Purchased for our trip to the Caribbean. Perfect size for travel and works well (on mosquitos). Only thing was I did not see anywhere before buying that it comes with two. So I ordered "two" and got four. :) Even better.

5.0 out of 5 stars I hate relying on deet to repel mosquitoes and prefer natural ..., January 19, 2015
I hate relying on deet to repel mosquitoes and prefer natural repellents, but there are simply some times when the natural stuff does not cut it, like when you're backpacking on an island with mosquitoes so vicious that they chase you in swarms so thick you can hardly see. This stuff smells like hell but was a lifesaver.

5.0 out of 5 stars We used this when we went to Jamaica. If ..., October 13, 2014
Chicesq (Las Vegas, NV United States) - See all my reviews
We used this when we went to Jamaica. If you are going somewhere with mosquitos, you need 99% DEET. You only need a dab on each leg and arm and one on your face and neck. Doesn't require much, but people who had the less concentrated bug brands were eaten up with mosquito bites.

4.0 out of 5 stars My love, love then hate relationship with this bug repellent., February 14, 2015
This review is from: Repel 100 Insect Repellent, 4 oz. Pump Spray, 1 Bottle (Lawn & Patio)
I purchased this for my 3.5 trip to Costa Rica which involved a lot of hiking through forest and in itself Costa Rica is a tropical country which naturally has many bugs/insects. During this time while wearing this repellent I didn't get one bug bite!! I even wore shorts and low socks on my hikes and smiled as I watched other tourist go buy with hundreds of bites. For reference, one day after a hike I went back to the room to shower before dinner as usual, but this one day I decided not to reapply because I hate and was so tired of the awful smell and thought to myself "I'll only be out for 2-3 hours. Boy was that a big mistake! Let's just say that night I was on the menu and discovered at least 15 very itchy bug bites. Proof this stuff is excellent at the job it is intended for. Lesson Learned!

Now, why the 4 starts instead of 5? The smell and feel. It is thick, oily, and the smell is toxic. When applying please, please, please step out of your hotel room or home and spray it in the hallway or other open area. You'll be happy to have the fresh air or else you could get slightly dizzy for a minute. Also, when spraying be sure to aim in an area you and others won't walk because since it is oily the floor will turn into a slip and slide and someone is sure to get hurt. Last, try to keep a bit of distance between you and the spray bottle and hopefully the pump sprays it evenly. Most of my shirts had oily spots which was so disappointing. I mean who dresses up for a night out with a spotty oily shirt?

5.0 out of 5 stars Best product for mosquito protection - PERIOD !, August 14, 2013
Great product ! Arrived quickly and as I've used this product before - in the deep words of ALASKA where mosquitos will carry you away ! IT SIMPLY WORKS like no other product - but beware it is 100 % DEET, apply carefully - a little goes a long way !

2.0 out of 5 stars GREASY THICK SPRAY, October 29, 2014
MLawrence (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
While this maybe one of the most powerful sprays to keep the mosquitoes away it is just too GREASY. It does not make a fine mist and instead destroys all clothing that it is sprayed on and leaves a messy residue on the hands when applied manually. This may be good for men who are going hunting in fatigues but it is no good for people who wish to preserve their clothing from destruction.

5.0 out of 5 stars DEEET, May 15, 2012
THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN ODORLESS HIGHLY CONCENTRATED DEET FOR KEEPING MOSQUITOS AWAY! WHY BUY LOTS OF OILY MESSY SPRAYS WHEN TWO SQUIRTS CAN BE RUBBED ALL OVER AND BE DONE? SUPER COMPACT.

5.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't get any stronger than this. Works for hours, 0% bite rate., February 3, 2015
This is as powerful as it gets.
Nothing comes near you with it on, and it lasts for hours and hours.
I have a cabin on some wetlands, that gets infested with more mosquitoes than I've ever seen anywhere else before. Plus there's plenty of ticks there too. I've never found a tick on me, and rarely get bit with this on.
Big two thumbs up.
But beware, it's potent. You really don't want it on sensitive skin, or kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best preventative for Lyme disease, February 9, 2014
Herblady22 "Herblady" (Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I may be mosquito bait but I am far more afraid of deer ticks, the tiny carriers of Lyme disease and all its coinfections. Deet is not benign but it works better than natural insect repellent. I put the natural stuff on my body and the Repel on my clothing. With this size pen there is no excuse not to use it.