5.0 out of 5 stars What mosquitoes?
Published 16 months ago by jeff

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for us
I bought this for our trip to Jamaica. I sprayed all over, every day, and still got mosquito bites. Not good!
Published 15 months ago by Preciouz

5.0 out of 5 stars What mosquitoes?, April 10, 2013
This review is from: Repel 100 Insect Repellent, 4 oz. Pump Spray, 1 Bottle (Lawn & Patio)
Ok. It tells you on the bottle that you shouldnt use it on anything plastic. It will eat it somewhat. Try not to use it on you face if you have sensitive skin. After application WASH YOUR HANDS. It will takes the print of your camera buttons, and if you use the bathroom guys it will make your junk heat up. Girls I wouldn't chance it. That being said I was in Africa on Safari and everyone in the truck around me was getting bit by tsetse flies and mosquitoes. I shared this during lunch and not another bite for anyone the rest of the day. It works like nothing I have used before. All in all I spent a week in mosquitoe country and got one bite when I went 12 hours between applications.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for tropical areas!, June 27, 2011
I got this 100% DEET for my trip to Costa Rica, and while there, I never got one, single insect bite on the areas of myself where I sprayed it. During my entire trip, I only got one, teeny-tiny bug bite at the nape of my neck, but it went away quickly (I didn't spray it on my face or head, as a precaution). I highly recommend this spray if you are going to the jungle; it really, really works!

5.0 out of 5 stars best stuff out there, June 1, 2011
We live on a river and during spring the mousquito population is horrible. Bouht this 100% deet product for the first time and have ordered three more. Works great. little goes along way. Will continue to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars a little goes a long way, April 28, 2013
I've used 100% DEET for more than twenty years for fishing and being out in the woods, especially at dawn, dusk, and during the night. For the most part, bugs will not bite you, even in areas infested with mosquitoes. Try that with 25% or less DEET products and you'll be eaten alive. Importantly, a small amount of 100% DEET goes a long way. Before you dress, spray small amounts in one hand, work it into both hands, and *lightly* coat your body with it. Take your time. The idea is to apply a thin film all over that feels slightly oily. Always apply a very light coating to your face and head, especially your ears, being careful not to get it in your eyes because it burns a lot. I even work a little into my hair. It smells but not bad. The smell does not go away until you wash it off. Do not liberally apply it so that your skin is wet since it will not dry, you'll ruin your clothing, and it is *not* more effective when overdone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good 100% DEET Repellant, June 2, 2011
I received my REPEL 100 quickly and in good condition. It was as pictured and as described by the seller.

100% DEET repellent is quite strong; not everyone needs that level of repellent. I need it and I'm happy with this product.

This product has only drawback, and a minor one at that. It is a spray repellent and the spray head rotates -- more than I would like it to. Occasionally, the spray head rotates more than I want it to and I waste repellent by spraying it in a direction away from myself.

One other thing, not a drawback, but an observation: 1 fluid ounce of repellent spray is not very much spray. This is a small-volume product.

I'm glad that I bought the product and will likely purchase more of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, March 20, 2011
Hey, it's 100% DEET. It works great. Wouldn't recommend for someone who has sensitive skin though as it can cause a rash on some people. If you can use it, no worries about biting insects at all. Personally I don't use it on my face but know people who have with no ill effects.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Goes a Long Way, October 16, 2011
Purchased this product for a trip to Haiti and was not disappointed. Used less than 1/2 a bottle for 9 days and it really worked!

5.0 out of 5 stars For Backpacking, August 9, 2012
This is the prefect size for backpacking. If your going to be around a lot of mosquitoes,you need some repellent or it's going ot be a long trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept me bug free in the Amazon!, May 27, 2012
This stuff is quite potent. Which is of course good for keeping bugs off. I used it on a trek thru the Amazon (the jungle, not the website) and it kept all the bugs off me.

The bad side of potent: be sure to apply it in a well ventilated area. Also, the shirts I wore during the trip have permanent stains on the neck collar. I suspect that this had something to do with it.

I personally did go ahead and apply some to my face, but did it by spraying it into my hand, then wiping it on my face, avoiding getting close to my eyes, nose, or mouth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bug-Free in Africa, November 19, 2011
I purchased this insect repellent for use during a two-week African safari where I would be exposed to tsetse flies and a horde of mosquitoes many hours each day. Though I underwent many immunizations, the best way to prevent insect-borne diseases is to avoid bites.

I researched insect repellents by reading user reviews here at Amazon and at other third-party sites. The most important factors to me were: 1.) effectiveness against insects at my destination, 2.) long lasting, and 3.) odorless. In addition, the insect repellent would be used in conjunction with sunscreen. Following much research, I settled on Repel Sportsman Max Formula 40% DEET lotion.

Once in Africa, I applied the lotion on top of sunscreen and made many lengthy outdoor excursions. Normally I applied the lotion twice per day. Effectiveness of the product was obvious - people around me were continually swatting at insects while I simply enjoyed the activities. At some points it was almost comical - a good testament to the product. On the downside, Repel is not entirely odorless. The odor is not bad, but you will definitely notice the smell.

The 4-ounce bottle was big enough to supply two people for two weeks under frequent use. The bottle easily slipped into my duffel bag and did not leak or spill during rough transport.

Overall, Repel Max Formula 40% DEET was an excellent choice.

Rate and Discover Movies