Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 3, 2014
It isn't often that an aftermarket solution is better than the original, but this one definitely is for one simple reason: they made the band from a SINGLE ply of excellent-quality leather instead of the 2-ply, glued-together band that came with the watch originally, and, after 14 months of daily wear, started to separate. Also, instead of two, narrow leather retainer loops, they have used a single, heavier loop; again in the interest of durability - it's always the one that was glued in place that eventually wears out. That doesn't exist on this band.

It irritated the begeebus out of me that when Fossil acquired Skagen, they basically stopped supplying replacement bands. I guess the philosophy of "let's give them a reason to buy a new watch instead of just the band" makes sense around a board table, but to to anyone who owns a set of eyeglass screwdrivers. I was grateful that the market filled the niche - at least with this model.

Overall, the quality is excellent. the ONLY difference in appearance is the buckle - it's polished chrome instead of brushed steel - and minus the Skagen logo. I don't care about that, but if you do, save your old strap and swap out the original buckle.

The quality of the leather is excellent - as-good if not better than the original. Installation was easy - just be sure to work over a tray in case you drop a screw as they are non-ferrous (why? ask Skagen) so a magnet won't help you if you drop one on the carpet.
on May 31, 2014
This looks terrific but the tiny holes that hold the watch face on broke after 4 months. Skagen's design to attach the band is a poor one. It's held on by two tiny nibs at each end. Having two tiny nib holes on the leather, at the exact edge of the band, is never going to hold the strap well. Unfortunatelu, I will be buying another one as bands that adhere to the watch in this way are very hard to come by.
on May 27, 2014
Cheaply made and NOT an exact replacement. The strap doesn't quite fit the leather keeper ring; it also binds going through the buckle. The holes do not match the original Skagen band: they are nowhere near the original placement.
Summary: I returned it.
on April 7, 2014
The original band on my Skagen lasted 12 hours before one of the two thin, under adhered, wussy bands snapped beyond repair. This band is durable, aesthetic, and should be what Skagen is shipping by default.
on August 6, 2015
Got this for my husband. It is O.K. Very difficult to put on the watch. The band is not as nice as the one one that came with the watch. I suppose we were expecting a little better band for the price. It works though.
on August 25, 2015
Yes it fits the watch and works, but it is not a true replacement. It is finished on only one side (the original is finished on both), is about half the thickness of the original, and looks "cheaper." I would say not worth more than $10. Last time my band wore out I shipped it to Skagen repair and they treated it as a free warranty fix. Wish they would sell an original quality replacement, which this is not.
on April 30, 2014
the seller should have indicated this si not the original Skagen product. the watch is 120USD, and he sells this strap for 24USD mad e in China....and that does not even look close to the quality of original Skagen! the prize is 5$ for what I got!
on April 4, 2015
It is OK, but I were doing again I would order original one. The original could be ordered from Skagen for about $29+tax+shipping, i.e. not much more expensive, but with more upscale look and feel, i.e. worse spending a bit more... The underside is too rough to my liking too...
on July 19, 2015
Was disappointed with this watch band, I was under the impression that I was purchasing a Skagen watch band. This is not, it simply fits the Skagen watch I needed it for. It is of cheap construction; only a single layer of leather with the rough side against the wrist, and is rather flimsy.
on October 26, 2015
Love it. Attractive, feels good, looks good. After two months, played ultimate frisbee with it on, and after collision, buckle came off. Big Apple sent replacement buckle right away. Great service. I was pushing it with ultimate, not really a sport band. Thanks Big Apple.