Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 18, 2011
The battery has issues charging. It tells the computer to stop charging, even though it's only at 15%. I have run the battery to 5%, turned off the laptop, plugged in the charger, and the iBook's charger will go from orange to green in about 20 minutes (it should take 3-5 hours). I tried resetting the Mac's PMU, but that didn't help.

Sometimes it will eventually charge up, especially if you leave the computer running. Sometimes you can unplug the adapter, and plug it in again, and it will start charging.
on October 12, 2011
I ordered this battery as a replacement for my existing iBook G4 (white laptop) battery since the machine was getting old, and I was thinking it might be difficult to buy replacement batteries in the future. It came with instructions to fully charge it and deplete it completely 3 times to "condition" it. This was helpful since I often wonder if the battery is the type that needs to be kept charged or depleted to preserve its functional life. The instructions also warned against using the computer with the battery installed and constantly plugged into an adapter. Again, this was convenient and helpful. The battery does not last more than a few hours after charging fully (without the adapter plugged in), but I suppose that I'm spoiled by the longer lived more modern batteries. Delivery was quick and the product is as advertised. The only other comment I have on this is that it is slightly off-color white, so it does not match the laptop bright white. BUT it is on the bottom where I don't have to look at it!
on March 21, 2012
I purchased this product from Techorbits for my MacBook laptop computer. The item was shipped promptly but had a defective test switch on the bottom of the battery..... I returned the battery and was contacted by Techorbits customer service, who promptly shipped me out a new replacement battery, which is now installed and running my laptop without any problems.

I say kudos to Techorbits and their excellent customer service. Very rarely in todays world do you find an honest and reputable company that wants your business enough to contact the customer to make sure the transaction was acceptable...... Techorbits is one of the few, and they will get all my future business battery business..
on September 15, 2012
This battery fits, it sure looks nice, but will not take a charge. It arrived 34% charged, and there it stayed, after hours plugged in. So, we ran it down to 1%. After being plugged in overnight, it dropped even further! It went so low that the machine would not stay on even while plugged in. You might have better luck than we did, but it'd be a gamble.
on December 2, 2012
I ordered this replacement battery and upon receiving it I immediately plugged it in to charge. It worked as long as it was plugged, but never held a charge. I was ok with that, as I've been use to always having my laptop plugged in anyway, However, it no longer works, at ALL, not even plugged in.

I have not, as of yet, tried to have it replaced. I have been busy and not had time to deal with it. I do want it rectified but haven't yet learned how to go about it...if indeed, I even can do so.
on January 23, 2012
I bought this battery last month.

Performed a very careful initial calibration of this battery.
Yet, 12 cycles in, I'm down to 89% capacity. Takes approx 4 hours to charge fully. Certainly, performance is nothing special.

I generally operate off the A/C adapter, and the battery is primarily there to keep the settings saved. So, I'm not dissatisfied, but it's clear that I got what I paid for by going with the generic battery at 1/5th of the Genuine Apple price. Assuming this ancient Ibook keeps chugging away, I expect to have to replace the battery again within the year.
on June 4, 2013
I bought this battery to breathe new life into my ancient G4 iBook that I gave my girlfriend. She's going back to college and needed a cheap, but dependable laptop for writing papers and whatnot. My old iBook isn't fast by any measure, but it will run an older browser and MS Word. However, the OEM battery had a run-time measured in microseconds and this battery gives us a couple of hours for not a lot of cash.
on December 29, 2013
There was a bit of an issue getting the battery installed. The old computer must have stretched in the wrong direction at one time. After a short encouraging talk to both of them, and with a bit of a push, the battery did fit and is working perfectly.
on November 18, 2011
Two months after purchasing, the battery is working fine and I can use my iBook G4 several hours on battery alone.

It didn't come with installation instructions so I emailed TechOrbits and they confirmed that it's simply a matter of unlocking and lifting out the old battery, then placing and locking the replacement. They also said that a new battery only needs to be calibrated once, you don't have to charge and discharge it 3 to 4 times.
on April 9, 2013
My I-book G4 battery went after six years. I was happy to find a dealer online that sells batteries for my computer. I 'm a proud owner of a dinosour (G4) and I was happy to replace the battery from this vendor.