Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on June 9, 2014
The cord displayed in all five pictures on this page are new, and packaged as they come from apple (cord wrapped along an oval, and a clear plastic loop tightly slipped on the roll.) However, what we received was a used cord, which was tied together with a white twist-tie. There are several dents along the entire length of the cord, and dark stains in places too.

Worst of all, the point where the cord attaches to the plug is bent out of shape. You can see it in the pictures I have attached. This is concerning because this is the very spot that our previous cord bent at, and stopped working. This is a problem that all old and used plugs have in common that causes the wires entering the plug to become loose and finally break.

On a side note, the item was terribly packaged (see pictures). I expected better packaging than stuffing the mangled mess into a used kitchen ziplock bag, and a manila envelope (which is exactly how I received it).
review image review image review image review image review image
22 comments28 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2014
Great piece. Bought this for my girlfriend and i have not had as issue with it. If you are still plugging in the big clunky box on your apple macbook charger into the wall, buy this adapter. It extends the length of your charger, which isn't that long without an adapter :/, and it is easier to plug into the wall. The big clunky box always falls out of a wall adapter on its own, or its very easy to bump because sticks out far. This adapter removes all of those struggles!
on February 6, 2015
First off, you clearly state in the bag that it is new. The cord is not new at all! It had some sticky substance on the part where you connect it to the rest of the charger and the cord also shows signs of use. You should not sell items as "new". If the product is used, then state that. I would be much more satisfied with the product if I got what you guys said it was. Also it seems to be overheating my charger!
on May 19, 2014
Great products I was a little skeptical about ordering the items but when I received tem I was impressed with the quality
on December 24, 2013
worked great - bought a used macbook and this was the only section i was missing so glad I didn't have to buy a whole new charge or pay the apple price!
on April 7, 2014
The replacement cord met and has exceeded my expectations.
for the price and performance i couldn't get it cheaper even at the apple store or
mom and pop stores in Memphis!
on June 28, 2014
Its nice to have a little extra length when plugging in my MacBook. It's an extension cord, what else is there to say? It does what its supposed to do and its good at it!
on December 2, 2013
It was the original replacement part,no problem in matching up with charger.
long extension, so i can use my laptop in range of 6'.
on April 18, 2015
all of our apple adapters have these. I use them for my I pad& i pod chargers. This is perfect to increase the length of the apple adapters. I have purchased the extra long usb lightning cables and they always die... but when I use this along with the oem usb lightning cable I have no problems. Some people may not realize that the wall plug adapter is actually 2 pieces and the 2 prong wall portion slips off - this unit replaces the part that slips off of the adapter. I believe that if more people knew about this item that more people would use this item. I learned about this because I needed a new adapter and saw this portion sold along with an ipad adapter. I paid 39 dollars for it at sams club many years ago. I followed up with amazon and found just this extension part and have been enjoying the savings ever since. This item does not fit the new tiny square adapters that are shipping with the newest devices - but does fit the older style 2 part adapters.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2015
So pissed. Don't waste your time and buy an "off-brand" Apple product. If it isn't Apple it won't work after a while. Against my better judgement and advice of a friend, I decided NOT to buy my charger from Apple to save some money. I bought my charger through this company and it worked well for like a month. One night while doing a project, my computer completely shut down. I figured it was the battery that was the issue. I ended up spending money on ANOTHER battery and it STILL wouldn't pick up charge. So I borrowed my mother's Apple charger and like I thought, WORKS FINE! Just sucks that I am out money for crap and another purchase of a battery. Headed to Apple where I SHOULD HAVE bought my charger in the first time.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse