Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on September 15, 2009
The joystick works great but the item is pictured with a screwdriver which does not come with the product. I sure could have used it to remove those tiny PSP screws.
11 comment10 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2008
This is for the original PSP or otherwise known as the PSP fat 1000. It is what it is, a replacement analog joystick, same as the one that came originally with the psp.
22 comments5 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2009
I installed this and it worked fine at first, though after a while I noticed that when you let go, it will sometimes not center perfectly, making your character creep in a direction. Hasn't really hindered me in the games I play but it's annoying nonetheless and shouldn't be happening with a new product.
on September 11, 2009
the analog stick picture had a screw driver with it, so i was expecting a screw driver but there werent any how do you guys expect me to open it, next time dont post a picture of with a screw driver if your guys are not going to send one.. and the analog sticks
on February 1, 2010
I purchased my PSP Fat System a couple of years ago. After playing briefly during this time I eventually came across a game that got me hooked for hours and hours, this game uses the analog stick continuously and eventually my 2 year old analog stick failed.

I bought the replacement stick with a little skepticism as I knew it was not an original. To be fair with the replacement I used it until it broke again. This made me buy a few extra ones since it is a cheap part. The second replacement has holden for me for months.

I think that some will hold longer than others but since it is a cheap part and has worked fine for me, I will give my 4 star rating.
on June 20, 2009
I purchased this analog stick to replace the broken one in my PSP 1000. I replaced it and things seemed fine until I noticed that the stick was floating to the left. As a result I opened up the PSP and reseated the analog stick to see if this would fix it. Sadly it didn't fix the problem at all. If I put a large amount of pressure on the stick and center it I don't notice the issue but it would have been nice if the stick wasn't broken straight out of the box. After a while I did look at the stick and somehow it's bent to the left. Maybe better shipping materials would fix this issue. I'm going to buy another analog stick elsewhere to fix this problem.
on August 19, 2010
I've bought both this and the other thumbstick replacement available on amazon at the moment, found here:

I bought the other one first, and found that it didn't fit. I tried this one, and it had the same problem, although slightly less so. With nothing left to lose, I went ahead and filed down the corner of the square-ish body of the thumbstick, and even some of the metal, until it fit into my psp. I've tested it out a little, and so far, it actually seems to work fine, much to my surprise. The first few times I moved it around, it got stuck a little on one side, but a lot of moving it around seems to have gotten it in working order.

This product has solved my problem, although I had to file it down to actually fit into place in my psp. I don't know if this is a problem unique to my psp or if these replacements are intended for a slightly different model (say, maybe I have a 1000 but this is intended for a 1001, I'm not sure), but with a fair deal of filing, the piece works fine. There's probably a better solution, but I don't know what it would be. Good luck to anyone looking to replace their stick!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2012
Works great, same as description. It does come with a screw driver as the picture shows. Although it shipped kind of late, but only 2 days late.
on March 11, 2013
I ordered this joystick to replace my failing part in my PSP. The first thing I noticed when I got the package was the screwdriver was poorly made but it did the job...the first time. I cleaned off all the contacts and installed the joystick, put everything back together, and turned on the PSP. As soon as I got to a part in the game that required the joystick, I pushed up and my character started running crooked. I pushed right and it wouldn't even go. I went to take the PSP apart and the screwdriver head started breaking apart. I had another screwdriver that got the job done.

A friend of mine let me tear into his PSP with a working joystick. I installed his joystick in my PSP to see if it worked. Everything worked flawlessly. This joystick is a cheaply made piece of junk and I would not recommend this to my worst enemies. This isn't even worth the one star I had to give for the review.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2009
It worked perfectly, all i had to do was to click it in and the shipping was pretty fast