5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Grado headphones!
I'll be short and to the point. I bought these ear pads as replacements for my Grado SR60 ear pads. They fit perfectly and are more comfortable than the original ones that came with my 'cans'! No modification needed. They help me to enjoy my Grados even more!!
Published on July 1, 2009 by Doctor G

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth more than 10 dollars
I bought these with a set of new Grado SR80s based on the reviews thinking that they would be much more comfortable.

I find them less comfortable than the stock earpads. They are definitely thinner material, spongier (not as dense), and after about an hour of wearing them, it really starts to hurt my ears.

For the quality, they are certainly not...
Published on June 22, 2012 by D Mac

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Grado headphones!, July 1, 2009
This review is from: Replacement Ear Pad Foam Cushions for Sennheiser HD414 / Fits also Grado SR60 SR80 SRI-Series headphones (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pads for Grado headphones., March 30, 2011
Jacob Roch (Sierra Vista, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
Hey there fellow Grado owner, HD414 pads are one of the cheapest, easiest ways to upgrade/change your Grado headphone experience! They don't cost too much, sound great, fit all Grados from the SR-60i to the PS-1000, and make your cans quite a bit comfier. Some reviews on here say mod them, some say it's not necessary, well, I say the choice is yours, but here's the fact. They sound different (to me and most others, much better) and are comfier for larger ears with a quick modification.

In terms of sound, I prefer the bowls (Grado G-cushions) on my cans, but they're also like 4 times the price of these guys. Compared to the donuts(Grado L-cushions), I actually like the sound of the modded HD414 pads more. There's no contest between these and the stock SR60i, 80i and 125i pads, even if you quarter mod and reverse them. These are better, easily. No matter how you slice it though, when modded, these are the most comfortable pads for Grado headphones.

Now, if I may pose a question to you, future or current HD414 Replacement Foam Ear Pad owner; would you rather have your Grado headphones, renowned for their aggressive bite and wonderful high end clarity, sound A) dark and muffled or B) aggressive, clear and bright?

If you answered A, you might want to try out other headphones and for now, don't bother even changing your pads. Sucks to be you!

If you answered B, what you want to do is cut a 25mm hole in the center of the pad. This will put less between the driver and your ear, resulting in greater clarity It can be a little bigger or smaller (mine is quite a bit bigger, I just cut all the way to the inner edge of where the pads attached) it really doesn't matter, as long as they fit, and they will. You can't cut them too big and have them not fit. If they're too small, just cut more! I used an X-Acto, but you could use scissors or whatever cutting instrument (scalpel, paring knife, sharp rock, your teeth, your cat's nail, an industrial laser, etc.) you can find. The cut doesn't need to be that clean because you just cut the hole you're going to slip your headphone into.

Yep, you're putting them on backwards. That's right. I find it increases the distance between the driver and your ear, resulting in a little bigger soundstage and little bit deeper bass. There's also more foam there and they're much, much more comfortable for people with larger ears, which is the main point. You can also try them forward and if you like them more like that, leave them like that! Some people with small ears seem to prefer them on forward.

These pads are pretty boss, but I do have some qualms, the main one being that the foam is a dirt and hair magnet and the yellow really shows off said dirt and hair quite well. Unless you want to show how gnarly your noggin is and how much hair seems to fall out each stressful, stressful day, there are even tutorials out there that show you how to dye them black instead. That said, I haven't done that. It really doesn't bug me too much. They also smells HORRIBLE right out of the package. Just take a little hand soap and work it in with some warm water, wring them out and air dry. They'll now smell like that soap forever. Awesome.

Oh and by the way, if you screw up cutting these or wash them with boiling water and you're out 15 bucks, it's your fault, not mine. Word? Word!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth more than 10 dollars, June 22, 2012

For the quality, they are certainly not worth anything more than $5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Replacement for Grado SR-60 pads, April 7, 2011
After many years of use the pads that came with my Grado SR-60's had finally totally worn out. I started looking for replacements and found that these were supposed to fit well. Turns out the fit perfectly, are comfortable (they might be more comfortable than the standard ones, but it's hard to say since I'm comparing totally new pads to a vague memory of how comfortable the original pads were nine years ago) and it's kind of fun to see my old headphones with bright yellow pads on them.

Definitely recomend these for anyone looking for new pads for a pair of Grados!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another happy Grado user, no more black dust, April 30, 2011
I bought these to replace the stock ear pads on a pair of Grado SR80's which had literally begun to disintegrate into a black powder. They arrived very quickly, just a couple of days after placing the order. I tried them first by just sliding the pads onto the Grados. They sounded fine but I was interested in trying the 'quarter' mod and tried that--cut a quarter-sized hole in the middle of the pads and put them on the Grados backwards. Much more comfortable and I like how the mod allows the drivers to not press directly against my ear compared to just sliding the pads on without the mod.

3.0 out of 5 stars Serviceable, but inferior to Grado pads., July 27, 2012
First, I'd like to mention I am unfamiliar with the Sennheiser HD414s these pads are supposedly designed for. I bought these pads to replace my somewhat ragged Grado SR60 pads. Compared to the stock Grado pads, these are noticeably flatter and thinner. They fit well enough, but I found that they are quite a bit less comfortable than the cushy Grado Pads.

Considering I just wanted some new pads for my headphones, they served well enough. At the time I bought them the actual Grado replacement ear pads (Grado Replacement Headphone Cushions for Grado 60i, 80i, and 125i SCUSH) were unavailable on Amazon, which forced my hand a bit. Considering the Grado pads are slightly cheaper and (in my opinion) much more comfortable you should probably not buy these ones for your Grado headphones. Both these pads and the Grado pads are overpriced for what they are, but I'd say these pads are not worth the price.

Also, they are even MORE yellow in real life. Could be a plus or minus for you I guess, haha.

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect fit!, May 31, 2010
I am very pleased with the purchase. I almost want to say that the earpads fit better than the original pairs that came with the Grado SR80 earphones. They fit like a glove and comfortable to wear for an extended period.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for Grado SR80i, February 9, 2011
I was so annoyed that I lost a cushion on my travel home, going from SanFran; I had to buy a replacement, but did not want to do that in Norway as they charged $20+ for a pair. I read on internet that these could be a fair replacement, and they indeed were! They are better than the stock cushions that came with my headphones; they sit so much better.

I hope I will manage not to lose these (a little more likely as they sit more firmly) for they bring me great joy in letting me use my SR80is :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money, October 25, 2012
They are thin and low Quality. If you wear them very long your ears hurt from little to no cushioning. Bought for Grado Labs, SR80 Earphones. These Sennheiser HD414's are worth about $1.99. Don't waste your Time or Money.Replacement Ear Pad Foam Cushions for Sennheiser HD414 / Fits also Grado SR60 SR80 SRI-Series headphones

4.0 out of 5 stars If you have Grados (and aren't ashetically sensitive) get these., April 20, 2012
Why Grado charges SO much for their pads is beyond me.. Fortunately, for less than $20 these pads, a single edged razor and a coin combine to make a great substitute. The pads are stiff so they keep the transducers off your ears and are just the right size for my ears anyway to be comfortable even when the study session ends up being several hours longer than you expected.

They stay out of the way of the sound, as pads should so if you have good quality music and equipment you'll hear the drum snares, the singer's breathing and all the subtle details that bring joy, not fatigue, to music.

Very much recommended but wish they weren't SO bright. They are really bright. On the plus side your previously black headphones will be easy to find in the dark.