Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 24, 2014
I use this hood on my Canon 70-300 IS USM and it does a great job. As you would expect it does not interfere with taking pictures and also does not reduce the f stop by preventing light in. Fingerprints are easily removed with the micro cloth. The hood screws on very easily, and also is easy to remove. The surface of the hood seems to do well in protecting the lens, and does not scratch easily. Given the price, this is a great lens hood.
on February 12, 2016
I am intermediate to pro photographer. I have a lot of Canon L series lenses as we all know are not cheap. I usually buy all original Canon products for the quality, however I wanted to give this company a chance to save some money. The lens hood came well packed, in a professional looking plastic bag. It did not look like a fly by night operation. The hood fit on my prime, Canon F 1.4 50 mm with no hassle, I simply push and twisted it on and it locked firmly in place, I tried to "accidentally" knock it off and cant. It comes off, by twisting with no issues either, just like the Canon. Honestly I rarely use this lens and I did not want to pay a very high price for something that will really protect the lens. It feels the same as the cannon hoods, and I would definitely buy from this company in the future. It has a good "semi matte" color, good for not creating shine in the lens, and even came with a nice lens cloth. For the price, you cant go wrong, and I suggest you buy this first before the Canon. Chances are you will like it and save money. And no, I do not work for this vendor, and no I did not get a discount or freebie to write this,
on June 5, 2015
I picked up a ET-68B version of this hood for a Canon 70-300 IS F4-5.6 lens. It fits well and is a bayonet mount. No finicky adapters or what not. It twist locks just like it should. It's not overly tight and requires just the right amount of effort to put on and off the lens when compared to the hoods for my 4 other lenses. The inside of the hood is not flocked with felt like a Canon hood would be. The inner surface appears to be just a bit more matte than the outer surface finish. If the inner finish was very matte or flocked, it would be a five star rating.

One thing to note, the hood will not fit inside a Tamrac MX5378 Large lens case (http://www.amazon.com/Tamrac-M-A-S-Large-Black-MX5378/dp/B00009UTQK).
review image review image
on April 15, 2016
I ended up buying this hood after two others I got didn't fit my lens. Turns out there are some very subtle lens model number differentiators that make a big difference in the bayonet mount for a hood. With this hood, I finally got one that fits, but not as snugly as I would like. This one still pops off if knocked. I want it to protect the lens as much as serve as a sun shade, so it should break before it pops off. This one is not secure enough for that. Wishing I had spent the extra money to get a Canon brand hood (on the assumption it will be more secure.)
on November 28, 2014
I have in the past prefered a Tulip/flower designed lens hood but solid lens hood, it works terrific and who knows maybe after more use, I will prefer a solid cone hood after I use this some more. The seller, Goja, is a trusted seller and has great customer service if there is a problem.
on June 5, 2016
Does the job but the plastic needs to be updated or it needs to be made more rigidly at the mount point, if you squeeze it a bit or turn to much it will pop out real easy that goes for when it is attached as well of course.

I do not extensively use the lens this goes to but if I did I may have not given such a generous review, it definitely needs to be made stronger it is a bit flimsy.
Other than that it does it's job as it should and cause no vignetting on the lens it is made for.
on March 20, 2016
Bought for my canon 58mm lens. Does not fit properly, takes many tries to get it on straight. I guess you get what you pay for but I expected better from Altura as I have bought their flash which has worked very well. Will not send it back since cost was too low. If they want to send me another one, fine, otherwise I am buying a genuine canon hood if available.
on October 31, 2013
The item looks and feels solid and fits on my Canon 50mm 1.4 lens well. I have only had it for about a week, so I cannot speak to the durability, but I will update this review if there are any concerns in the future. You just cannot beat this price and the free shipping is a good deal, too. The inclusion of the microfiber cloth is a nice touch. I have bought additional items from this Digital Goja and have been satisfied every time.
on March 1, 2016
(updated to 4 stars - the fit has not caused any issues, and it's been used a lot, so it deserves them. I would recommend this)The lens hood fits, but is too loose. Maybe for the price, it deserves 4 stars, but I own several hoods for lenses and know what to expect for a good fit. It will stay on, and for the price, I might even suggest others to buy it, but I guess that depends on what other after market hoods are available. To me, 4 times the price is not worth it for a better fit, but Id spend more for a firm fit. The primary use for a hood for me is to help protect the glass and lens from the elements and from bumps or even a fall. The looser fit hoods fall off when theyre bumped and obviously that can be self defeating. It is better than no hood, and will stay on unless bumped or swung around too much, so if that will satisfy your needs, its much better than spending $30 for the name brand option.
on January 7, 2015
Lens hood attached well to my Canon 70-300mm IS USM lens using the bayonet connection ring. It can be reversed for smaller storage, but it is still a significantly larger diameter, so it will take up some extra room in the bag. Being plastic, I don't think I want to stress it too much by squeezing it in, so I will have to reconfigure my bag a little.

Some reviewers mention it affords protection. It probably will - but then again, it adds so much to the size of your lens that it might get bumped around more than without it. Plus it is only lightweight plastic, so it could crack or break if subjected to moderate bumping. As always - paying attention to your gear and being careful is your best protection.

Still, it is what was expected, and I look forward to using it instead of holding my hand or hat over the lens like in the past. For the money (much less than Cannon's price) I'll buy it again any day!

Even though the lens is the same size dia., it did not fit as well on 2 other 58mm dia canon lenses: EFS 55-250mm IS STM and EFS 18-55mm IS STM. That is fine - I bought it to use on the 70-300mm lens. It would probably shadow the others in the shorter zoom ranges anyway.

The microfiber cloth this company apparently sends out with many products is also a nice little "bene".