Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on August 29, 2013
Got this yesterday and immediately popped it in my battery charger. Once it was fully charged, I put it in my camera. Was taking some photos last night and I noticed that it definitely doesn't hold a charge as long as my Nikon EN-EL15 that came with my D7000. It was a little disappointing, but then again, it was only about $20. If I can get it to last longer than 3 or 4 charges (probably what the equivalent to buying 3 or 4 packs of AA batteries), then I'm ahead. It's a backup battery anyway for my vertical grip, so it will serve its purpose. If this dies and is rendered completely useless, I figure I can buy three of these before I'm at the pricepoint of where I would spend on one Nikon-branded battery just like the one that came with my camera. It's all about perspective, people. But even so, I don't feel like it's worth more than 3 stars because it's lack of longevity was obvious upon first use.

Oh, and Big Mike, I never got my LCD screen protectors. If I actually cared, then I'd be coming for you. But you actually saved me the trouble of having to throw them away anyway, so I guess I should be thanking you.
on January 8, 2014
I purchased this with mixed emotions as some of the reviews made me weary but I could not justify paying Nikon's prices for some of the battery packs. I only use this as a backup battery source, but when I have used it, it performs just as well as the Nikon OEM battery that came with the camera. It charges up fine and my camera lasts just as long as it does using the standard Nikon battery. If it were not for the label on the battery, I see no performance difference between the 2. Would definitely recommend the battery and wouldn't hesitate to purchase again.
on March 18, 2013
This battery works just as well as the OEM piece supplied with my Nikon D7000 from the factory. I haven't noticed much of a difference between the Nikon battery and this one: both last me about a week of full-time shooting without the flash (about 80% of what I do is still photography).

I've had no issues charging the battery from either the wall outlet or the DC to AC converter in my car, nor has my camera reported any errors. All in all, it's a great battery for a great price that seems to be reliable.
on September 14, 2014
I ordered this batter at the same time I ordered a Nikon brand battery. Within the year (May 2014 problem emerged, purchased August 2013), the battery started with problems maintaining power as long as the Nikon battery typically did, and between May and end of August, 2014, has done nothing but give me an ERR message when loaded and then, if I can get the camera (D600) to work with it, the charge lasts about 10-15 shots. By yesterday (Sept 13), it did not work at all. Even with the less expensive price, replacing it each year makes it no bargain. I cannot recommend this product to any Nikon owner. Ironically, had I written this review within a month or two of purchase, I would have thought otherwise.
on October 7, 2013
Please check compatibility with your camera before purchasing this battery.

I will say that this battery has been holding up great for me. I think this is an excellent purchase for the price as opposed to buying the OEM EN-EL15 battery. You can even get two of them for less than the cost of one from Nikon. As far as the quality is concerned, I have absolutely no concerns about it. This is a great battery.

An extra battery is essential to have with you. Never be caught with the perfect photographic moment in your hands and you miss the shot because your battery can't power the shutter. More importantly, why spend more for the something of the same quality elsewhere?

A couple of notes vs the Nikon branded EN-EL15:

The Nikon EN-EL15 battery is rated at 7.0v 1900mAh 14Wh and this battery (the one I got) is rated at 7.0v 2400mAh and 16.8Wh. This would seem to insinuate a longer battery life than the Nikon branded battery. While I have not done any formal testing, I can say that this battery works flawlessly and lasts quite a long time/number of shots. The charge indicator on the D7100 has been 100% accurate as well.

For those of you with a vertical grip, I purchased this battery to use with my vertical grip for my D7100 and it works great in the grip. Again, the charge indicator is accurate when using this either in the grip or in the body itself. Also, my camera body is set to drain the grip battery first and that function works great as well.

I'll update with more extensive feedback in the future in regards to how many shots I am getting out of each battery (Nikon vs this one) and share results, but for now I highly recommend this battery. Not only does everything work great, it has excellent lifespan and at this price, the battery is a steal. I just may buy a third as a "just in case" or as I take on more professional work. Heck, this battery may even last longer shot for shot (unsure right now tho).

I recommend this for just about any Nikon User as a must buy so long as it's compatible with your camera body.
on June 11, 2013
I'll make it short and sweet. So I did some quick test shots, using the same object, same lenses, etc, on a D7100. I charged both batteries full, within like 1 minute of the other, so both really are 100% full. The camera confirmed 100% starting battery level too.

Stock battery after 60 shots = 96% battery remaining.
This battery after 60 shots = 97% battery remaining.

I could go some more, but I really don't have the time, so... doing the math we have:

Stock battery = 1,500 shots total according to my quick tests. Yes I know I'd need to shoot like 200-500 shots before I get a more accurate figures. Maybe someone here can test it out. I'm heading to Yellowstone!

This battery = 2,000 shots.

--------------------------------------
UPDATE November, 2015

Still using it and still working as expected. I've charged it maybe 20+ times without any issues.
66 comments|23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2014
Just received this battery and it took 24 hrs to get a 98% charge. That's not acceptable. Am going to see how many photos I get and try recharging it again, but I have some concerns re: this battery. Will post again and update after I have more data. Tempted to just return it now and get an original Nikon battery that I need, but think I need to give this a fair try.
UPDATE - Never did charge correctly. If left out of camera will only hold a charge for a short time (assuming you get one that charges). Cannot recommend this replacement. Get the original Nikon EN-El 15 Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery. It costs a little more up front, but pays for itself over time. Wish I had returned the BM Premium as I was tempted to do when it first arrived. Past the 30 day return privilege so that's no longer an option.
on December 4, 2013
Lasts much longer (maybe 30-50% longer?). Marked as 2400mah/7.4v, compared to 1900/7.0v on the OEM (see pics).

Tested with a D7100. Capacity reads correctly (appears properly chipped). Still reads "new" after heavy use, so I'm not sure that gauge works correctly, but the capacity reads true.

Funny thing is this battery charges more reliably than the OEM battery on the OEM charger! Half the time I pop the OEM battery in the charger, it will blink furiously and I'll have to remove it a reinsert it several times before it charges properly. This knockoff, no-name battery works way better!

UPDATE! My review is for a battery that is labelled 7.4v/2400mah. Amazon has a battery with different specs under this listing now. Please see the pics for this item that I have uploaded. THAT is the item my review is for.
review image review image review image
on January 6, 2014
So dont expect this to get the same number of shots as the original. I shoot raw with the OEM battery I get 3k shots before a recharge. With this i get 1k and then it quits. The good news is its the perfect price for a backup batter. In the time it takes me to charge my OEM i can get 1000 shots out of this one. Good buy, but dont expect miracles.
on December 17, 2015
It has been working better than my original Nikon battery and holding the charge for longer (very likely because this is 2200mAh vs the 1900mAh for the original Nikon EN-EL15).

I have a D7000 with an external grip, and normally the Nikon dies first, so I tend to keep the Nikon in the grip and the replacement in the camera. No problems so far in the time I have had this battery and I'd recommend it completely, and even better at less than half the price of the original Nikon.