5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted to find Aprilaire on Amazon!
Published on December 14, 2009 by Shiloh True

1.0 out of 5 stars Careful - NOT guaranteed to be APRILAIRE filters
Published on October 28, 2010 by J. Pierce

1.0 out of 5 stars Careful - NOT guaranteed to be APRILAIRE filters, October 28, 2010
This review is from: 201 Replacement Filter for Aprilaire 2200 (2 Pack)
Here's the problem with this item - you never know what you will get. On a daily basis (and sometimes in the middle of the day), this item changes from being fulfilled by one company to another. This is bad because some of them will send you non-Aprilaire filters, even though the price is about the same. I know this because I ordered it a year ago using this item. When I returned, Amazon helpfully claimed "You purchased this item on October 22, 2009." Yet when I hit order again and got the product in the mail, it turned out to be a lesser "Healthy Climate Solutions" manufactured product. To be fair, it says "Healthy Climate Solutions" down in the description. But it also says in the name of the product "Aprilaire Stock 2200 Filter Media, 2-Pack by Aprilaire". They are NOT "by Aprilaire".

This time the order was fulfilled by America National Products. They were happy to take a return, minus the original $11 shipping, my cost to ship it back, and a $5 "credit card processing fee." All that for an order that cost $55.95 with shipping. We went back and forth a few times, with them claiming the filters they sent were "exactly the same" and "literally identical" to the Aprilaire filters. I finally had to take the filters they sent me out of the box and photograph them next to my just installed second genuine Aprilaire filter from the previous order. The filters they sent me were obviously inferior, being about 10-20% shorter when collapsed. You could also visibly see that the filter material was much thinner. Once confronted with this, they relented and offered a full refund including shipping and without charging me the fee.

I'm not sure whose fault this is, Amazon's (for the way their system hooks up the items to the sellers inventory) or the sellers. But I just want you to be forewarned. I wound up finding another product on Amazon with the title "The ONLY TRULY GENUINE Aprilaire Model No. 201 (2-Pack)". I figured it would be hard for them to send me something other than the real thing. And the kicker is the price was only $1.20 more than the crappy filters!

1.0 out of 5 stars 201Filter for Aprilaire 2200, February 27, 2011
Car Guy (Albany, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 201 Replacement Filter for Aprilaire 2200 (2 Pack)
These filters are not what you think they are and they are being misrepresented.
When I saw these filters on Amazon I researched to determine if they were manufactured by Aprilaire. I called the phone number shown on the description page. When I spoke with the woman who answered the phone, I asked if these filters were manufactured by Aprilaire and I asked if the filters were shipped in Aprilaire packaging. She confirmed that they were made by Aprilaire and they would be in Aprilaire containers. The packages I received were in American Filters boxes and they do not appear the same as the Aprilaire filters I've been using.
The person I spoke with was not truthful and misrepresented what they were selling. I've purchased many different items through Amazon.
Sellers that misrepresent what they are selling should not be part of Amazon. Amazon does not need business from Companies like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted to find Aprilaire on Amazon!, December 14, 2009
This review is from: 201 Replacement Filter for Aprilaire 2200 (2 Pack)
A couple of years ago, I had a new ac/heater system installed, from the ground up. The contractor was very enthused about Aprilaire Filters, setting up the system to utilize Aprilaire 2200. I was very surprised when I first saw the huge size of the filters (they are several inches deep, and do look like an accordion), and read that one filter could last up to a year before changing, while performing at high efficiency for removal of airborne allergens.

After the job was completed, I asked where I might find replacement filters. I was disappointed when told that the closest supplier was halfway across town. This was a big inconvenience, for someone who had previously been able to purchase filters from the local grocery store. I was upset I had not been given this piece of information prior to installation, because I might have decided on a different system.

On a lark, I decided to search Amazon to see if they sold Aprilaire Filters---and there they were. Now, not only did I not have to drive for over an hour for replacements, these filters were delivered to my door with the click of a button, with speedy, professional service.

I must admit that the first time I replaced the filter, myself, I did resort to some cursing. This is not a simple slide the old one out, and slide the new one in, system. This one requires some construction, loading the filter media into the permanent frame. But, after the second change, it became easier, and no longer a dreaded task.

As far as the filtration goes, these filters do NOT last a year in my home. But, I do have a 126 lb, long-haired dog, that tracks in a lot of dirt and dust, despite my best efforts to keep him clean. I won't go over 6 months, to ensure maximum efficiency, so this does add to the cost factor, for me. Still, overall, I'm satisfied---more so, with the convenience of delivery.

Update 08/26/11: This review was for genuine Aprilaire filters, not for generic replacements that apparently are now available through some sellers --- and the sellers do change, as this one has (several times) since my review posted. The generic filters may be great, and, they are slightly less expensive, but since I haven't tried them, as of yet, I can't endorse them. So, if this is important to you, then buyer beware. Make sure the seller is offering the original Aprilaire product.

^ Shi True ^

3.0 out of 5 stars its just OK, January 12, 2012
This review is from: 201 Replacement Filter for Aprilaire 2200 (2 Pack)
201 Replacement Filter for Aprilaire 2200 (2 Pack)

Filter pack was harder to work with than an original Aprilaire filter. Suggest finding exact replacement filter and use that if at all possible.

1.0 out of 5 stars generic, October 22, 2010
arthur gonzales (Three Rivers, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 201 Replacement Filter for Aprilaire 2200 (2 Pack)
Product shown was not brand aprilare as shown filter are very generic not same quality as original to look at ad it shows aprilare but not very unhappy.Buyer be advised

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT Aprilaire 201 !!!!!, December 11, 2011
This review is from: 201 Replacement Filter for Aprilaire 2200 (2 Pack)
These are NOT 201 Aprilaire filters or even a close substitute. The picture posted for this item is very misleading and seems to change every few days. These filters arrived in an unmarked box and have no markings/letters/numbers on them whatsoever - completely generic. The pleats are hot glued together instead of the familiar string that is used on real Aprilaire media. The cheap design takes longer to install and to ensure they are aligned properly. If you want a cheap knock off, here is your filter. You get what you pay for and I will not make this mistake again.

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, August 12, 2009
This review is from: 201 Replacement Filter for Aprilaire 2200 (2 Pack)
Ordered the Filters and they were promptly delivered and just what we needed for our air conditioner.

2.0 out of 5 stars Replacement Filters, March 2, 2012
This review is from: 201 Replacement Filter for Aprilaire 2200 (2 Pack)
Diffilcult process, a lot of confusion on order, Not original Aprilaire. Would not purchase again. Price not that good. Not timely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Working Well for 11 Years, November 24, 2009
Retz (Rochester, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 201 Replacement Filter for Aprilaire 2200 (2 Pack)
I've been using Aprilaire 2200 for eleven years. My wife and son both have allergies and the filters seem to help. They could be easier to change, but it only takes five minutes. It is much less expensive for me to buy online and replace than to have a furnace repair person do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Price Filter, October 19, 2009
This review is from: 201 Replacement Filter for Aprilaire 2200 (2 Pack)
OEM Product at a price below our local Lowe's and well below my heating contractor. I will buy these again from this site

201 Replacement Filter for Aprilaire 2200 (2 Pack)
$59.99 $38.20