Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 27, 2012
The product is great but when I ran out I went to a home improvement store and bought a big filter with a charcoal layer for use in HVAC system. I used the old filter as a template and cut a bunch of filters out for the same price.
on May 25, 2013
I have been using these for a while, and they really do control the odor of the kitchen compost. However, I couldn't find replacement filters locally. I looked for them online, and was shocked at the prices from some suppliers. In one case, they wanted $6.95 for two filters - and charged $11.50 for postage!!! Gaiam did not charge postage, and I got 6 for $10.00. So my advice is, don't order from the first supplier you see - shop around.
on February 25, 2008
The filters are wonderful. They keep odors from getting out of the kitchen crock and when I take the lid off the crock to put more scraps in, the scraps that are already in the kitchen crock still don't smell. The carbon filter absorbs all the orders..it's wonderful!!! The Kitchen crock is just what I needed also for my kitchen scraps for composting.
on September 16, 2007
I absolutely love my Kitchen Crock! It is large enough to hold a good amount of kitchen waste, yet small enough not to take up too much space on my kitchen counter; a carbon filter fits nicely in the lid to deal with any odors that might be present; the handle makes it easy to carry to the compost bin when it's full; and it cleans up wonderfully in the dishwasher... all that, AND it looks nice, too!
on June 28, 2014
Just the right size for the ceramic organic waste crock that we keep in the kitchen. It definitely helps keep the smell down from waste produce that does not make it into the compost until a week later or so. We also use the produce bags from the grocery store as a cheap alternative crock liner. If you do this, be sure to double bag.
on June 1, 2007
This is a nicely designed and constructed crock for those who want to begin composting kitchen scraps but don't want an unsightly addition to their countertop, or don't want to deal with the potential smells. The charcoal filters are very effective at eliminating the odors of onions and other smelly scraps, last for a long time, and are very inexpensive to replace.
on January 1, 2013
These filters perfectly fit my compost crock. Each filter laster 1-2 weeks longer than a cat box filter I previously tried for comparison. The price was good; they shipped quickly and were appropriately packaged. I recommend them.
on February 11, 2013
Having no information on our crock, I had to match it with pictures and descriptions of the Norpro product. Whether ours is actually a Norpro or not doesn't matter as the filters fit and work just like the originals. They also hang together quite well in the dishwasher if you need to "renew" the activated charcoal. Just make sure its dry before you put it back in. I'll be back for more eventually.
on April 27, 2008
I really like this product. It sits near the kitchen sink where food peelings and leftover plated veggies can easily be tossed in. The carbon filter keeps the container odorless for days at a time and can be used for a month or more before a change is necessary. I dislike having to dump/empty the container and then wash out the remaining old product. A recyclable/reusuable filter (like a coffeemaker filter) would make this product a 5 star piece.
on November 29, 2010
These are the filters for the ceramic crock and they fit the lid just right. They last about 1-2 months, depending on humidity and fruit flies (yes, the little buggers still cause problems), which tend to get caught in the filters. They keep the smell down to a minimum, as long as the lid is on the crock tightly. They work great - how much more can you say about a filter?