5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Replacement
Published 20 months ago by ZenShopper

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably Priced Replacement With Limited Power
Published 19 months ago by E. M. Lisansky

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably Priced Replacement With Limited Power, May 14, 2013
This review is from: AGPtek® 7200mAh/85Whr 9 CELL Replacement Dell Inspiron 6000 9200 9300 e1705 Laptop Battery 310-6321 310-6322 312-0349 312-0350 C5974 series Replacement (Electronics)
After a ton of research on my wife's 6.5 year old Dell laptop with a dying 9-cell battery, we bought this one. It came packaged extremely well, as another reviewer noted, although the "instruction manual" is not particularly instructive. But it's a laptop battery: what's to know? I snapped it in place, fully charged and discharged it 3-4 times as suggested, and it now provides 1-2 hours of power, about 1/3 of the original battery.

The specs listed on the body of this battery exactly match the original one (which came with the Inspiron 9400 in 2006), and the fit is perfect. There are apparently little LEDs on the bottom of the battery, which never light up, despite what the "manual" says (the original ones didn't either). No matter, it works. The original OEM batt was made in Japan, and the Dell specs say it was manufactured by Sanyo. This battery has no country of origin marked, and neither does any packaging or documentation, or the company's website. However, an included "AGPtek Insurance Card" from the "China Pacific Property Insurance Co. Ltd." betrays its manufacturing origin. Good luck finding a battery actually made in Japan, at any price.

When fully charged, it shows about 97% on the computer's battery status indicator, and the remaining batt time varies widely, depending on what the computer is doing. When programs are open and running, the computer tries to estimate the remaining time at current power usage level. It's a total guesstimate. It shows as much as 2:50 remaining at 87% when doing nothing. But I just played continuous music files in Windows Media Player (minimized) with 1:25 remaining at 47%, and the machine shut down in 13 minutes, power gone.

During research, I found replacement batteries, some even 6-cell units, for $50-75. This one is MUCH less, and appears to work OK for limited power needs. Its longevity is unknown, but at this price, a 1-2 year replacement cycle would not break the bank. If it lasts longer, you're ahead. Bottom line: For its low price, excellent packaging, but rapid power depletion, I rated this battery "Average."

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Replacement, April 21, 2013
I've used this battery for about a month now and so far it has surpassed my expectations. I don't remember if it got here on time but with the performance of this battery I didn't care. I'm sure it was on time as 99% of what I buy on Amazon gets to me quickly. I cannot speak for the longevity of this battery, only time will tell. I have shown 2 DVD's on my laptop and the battery came through without depleting its full charge. It will be great to take on a plane or a long ride in the car. OH and the packaging was outstanding too. You would have thought there was a computer electronic component inside and not just a battery. Well protected and packaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, January 15, 2011
David (St Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
Replaced the original battery pack with this one, and the computer is working great. No problems at all. Very happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug and Play, February 25, 2014
Installed and immediately fixed my laptop battery issue, which would die immediately without the power cord. I'm back to like new battery performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, February 8, 2014
I purchased this brand because of the reviews and I have been satisfied. The price as right, and the performance life has been quite good. Overall, I would definately buy another when I need too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Doing well in my old laptop, January 21, 2014
Grandma C-may (Fountain Hills AZ) - See all my reviews
I was keeping my old backup laptop plugged in all the time and it was annoying me with a battery warning constantly, so I ordered this replacement. It seems to be working very well for such a low cost battery. It holds a charge about 4-5 hours and works fine so far. I ran it down a few times to condition it as instructions showed. It came boxed well, wrapped similarly to ones I had gotten from Dell in the past. Made in China and instructions had a couple of typos due to language difficulties but other than that, it is good. Shows a warranty on the paperwork too. I am pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent price for capacity, January 7, 2014
Fits my older Dell laptop, and had about 50% higher rated capacity, so giving it a try. OEM battery getting sluggish after 8 years, so we shall see how it goes with the replacement. Too early to rate for longevity or other performance, but no problem during the first month.
Shipping was very prompt, about a week, during holiday season.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Problems and Good Battery Life, December 22, 2013
This battery looks just like the original and fits fine (I did have to push a little harder that the old battery to get it to lock into position). But it is working great. Some reviewers state that the battery charge indicator LEDS on the bottom did not work. But they work fine on the battery I got. I would recommend this battery..

4.0 out of 5 stars Saves the day, December 15, 2013
The battery saved my old computer! Now I have one less thing to replace this year. I might just keep it for another 3-5 years. What a fantastic product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeds expectations!!!, August 2, 2013
After having to return a battery to another seller, it having failed within a week, I am pleased to report this time the item is all as advertised. I discharged it to 10% three time and the third time it took 3 full hours to get to 10% while actually using the computer at full function. More than I expected .. or require.