Replacement Kindle Does anyone know if the "replacement" Kindles are new machines or are they "refurbished"ones?
asked by Sweetie on September 16, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
I didn't purchase the 2-year
square trade warranty when I purchased my Kindle Fire HD 7" on 9/27/12. Can I purchase it now? And if I do, how does Amazon know it is for the Kindle I ordered?
Bonesman answered on September 30, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
"The 2-Year Warranty + Accident Protection for Kindle is only available on a Kindle that has been shipped within the last 30 days and is only available for customers who are residents of the United States." (http://www.amazon.com/SquareTrade-Warranty-Accident-Protection-customers/dp/B0086829D4/ref=lh_ni_t) So as long as you purchase the 2 year before 10/27/12, then I think that you should be fine. make sure you select your device in the drop-down box under the "add to cart" button. Hope this helps!
Alisa Benjamin answered on October 1, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks for the information.
Bonesman answered on October 1, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Refurbished
Doreen M. Doyle answered on October 10, 2012

A
I purchased the kindle fire hd 7" today from toys-r-us. can I still purchase the extended warranty and accident protection?
Angela Coady answered on October 12, 2012

A
You qualify if:

A Kindle Fire HD has been shipped to you in the last 30 days, or a Kindle Fire HD is in your cart.

The Extended Warranty is only available to U.S.-based customers.

*** This is in regard to: When you can buy the protection plan... And as for the other question about replacements: My friend just had hers replaced with the new HD fire (not sure if this is always the case).
Gab Wood answered on November 14, 2012

A
I guess I don't qualify for this warranty.
Patricia M. Hefner answered on November 19, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product