Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Replacement Laptop Battery for Toshiba Satellite L305 Series, L305-S5865, L305-S5869, L305-S5875, L305-S5876, L305-S5877, L305-S5883, L305-S5884, L305-S5885, L305-S5888, L305-S5891, L305-S5894, L305-S5896, L305-S5899, L305-S5901, L305-S5902, L305-S5903, L305-S5905, L305-S5906, L305-S5907, L305-S59071, L305-S5908, L305-S5909, L305-S5911, L305-S5912, L305-S5913, L305-S5915, L305-S5916, L305-S5917, L305-S5918, L305-S5919, L305-S5920, L305-S5921, L305-S5924, L305-S5926, L305-S5929, L305-S5931, L305-S5933, L305-S5937, L305-S5939, L305-S5941, L305-S5942, L305-S5943, L305-S5944, L305-S5945, L305-S5946, L305-S5947, L305-S5948, L305-S59512, L305-S5955, L305-S5956, L305-S5957, L305-S5958, L305-S5960, L305-S5961, L305-S5962, L305-S5968, L305-S5970,
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 31, 2015
Battery replacement was a necessity as the original one in my old 6 1/2 year old Toshiba laptop would only work for about twenty minutes before dying. And, even when plugged-in, there was a big red X over the battery icon. When I rolled over the icon with the cursor, the message was that it was time for battery replacement.

This replacement battery fit perfectly and it arrived 79% charged and was 100% charged within an hour. The instruction booklet suggests for optimal battery life, initially after installation, charge it to capacity then discharge completely, and then repeat the process three to four times rather than just plugging it in and leaving it plugged in all the time.

The laptop now runs for two hours and ten minutes on a charge -- a significant improvement over twenty minutes. I will update the review if I encounter any problems, but for now this appears to be is a good, reasonably priced battery replacement -- perfect for an old laptop.
on April 13, 2015
This battery is a perfect fit and worked seamlessly with my Satelite. Came about 75% charged and had no iashes.

That noted it works about as well as the OEM battery, functional but not awesome. Satellites, especially the older ones are not efficient battery users. So, even with a new battery you will probably only get about 2 hours, give or take, depending on your set up and what you are using it for.

If you need more than that and can't spring for a newer more energy efficient laptop buy an extra battery, or two. It's a $10 fix to an annoying problem. I haven't found a better answer for the money.

A high capacity battery would be great but I couldn't find one and unless it was close to the price of buying two standard units it wouldn't matter too much. I'm thinking of this in terms of $10 per two hour power blocks. The batteries are small enough carrying an extra isn't a big hassle.
on February 8, 2014
The battery worked for about the first three weeks. After that, the battery would no longer hold a charge. By the time I had noticed that it no longer was holding any type of charge. the window for return was too close to return in time.... DON'T waste your time and money on this battery. Go with a different one......
on April 20, 2016
Received this battery as a replacement for my OEM Toshiba Satellite battery. It arrived quickly in simple packaging and had a 90% charge when it arrived.

I charged it to 100% and followed the instructions to run it down to empty a couple of times initially. It has worked fine up until about a month ago (4 months of use), at which point it now only charges to 54% and gives me about 1.5 hrs of use. Typical use on this particular system is just web browsing...nothing processor intensive.

I am not 100% sure that the 54% charge indicator is correct since most people have been saying they get around 2-2.5 hrs of use out of a charge.

For my use, it is much better than the previous battery that was 100% dead. The laptop typically stays plugged in and I remove the battery if I am not trying to charge it so keeping it plugged in doesn't damage the battery. I use the battery more for if I need to move the laptop or am traveling.

***UPDATE***

Not sure what happened, but now it is holding a full 100% charge and gives me about 2-2.5 hours of use. Definitely pleased with this battery now. I sill actually consider getting another just to have a spare since they are so cheap.
on March 14, 2015
After fully charging this battery my full sized laptop ran 2 hours and 14 minutes unplugged from AC and still had 20 minutes showing available remaining on battery power at about 14% power left. At beginning of the unplugged use it was still on full power mode, so after 20 minutes I selected power saver mode and ran a complete scan of system so processor was working all the time.

This exceeds my requirements and expectations for my use. The old battery would hardly run at all without AC charger and would shutdown after only couple of minutes, so this is nice. After a few more rechargings and dischargings it may be a bit stronger but this is fine for me.

The fit into the battery compartment is tight and almost perfectly flush, but the difference the lid protrudes over surface bottom of laptop is maybe only less than 1/32" or less, so I'm not concerned as long as it sits flat and doesn't wobble and performs this well. All in all a good bargain at this price if it holds up.

I recommend getting a new battery as soon as it's confirmed the old one is defective and not waiting as long as I did to replace it since low current can be severely destructive to sensitive solid state appliances such as computers.
on March 4, 2013
Sold by Techorbits and fulfilled by Amazon.com - For $18.09.

I bought this to replace the original battery that came with my 5 year old machine. The original battery started lasting for a maximum of 50 minutes and this new battery lasts for a maximum of 2.5 hours. I have had no issues with this battery and it came extremely well packaged.

If this battery starts malfunctioning, I will update my review.
on January 18, 2015
This did not even last two weeks. I only used the laptop a few times during those two weeks and it just decided to stop charging and holding a charge one day. Now, my laptop shuts off as soon as I disconnect the power supply.

Just a note: the poor performance is not because of user error. I carefully read all the instructions in the little booklet that came with the battery and did the initial charge cycle as instructed. It worked adequately for a few times and held a charge for over two hours, but then it just died. Maybe this is just a defective battery and not all from this brand are like this, but considering the rest of the negative reviews, I believe this is just a low-quality product.
on June 22, 2016
This battery began its decline after about three months. I purchased it in Dec. 2015, it is now June 2016 and it will not even take a full charge. It lasts about 20 minutes if not connected to the charger.
on July 28, 2015
Good initial quality but this replacement does not hold a charge as a new product that compares to the OEM battery. I can use my laptop about 20-30 minutes max off the power cord. The original battery was more like an hour.
on May 21, 2015
This battery DOES NOT WORK. AT ALL.
It fits the toshiba satelite L305D perfectly but it will not charge. It came with a bit of power so I was able to actually use the computer with the battery for like 20 minutes. But after those ran out, I plugged it in AND IT DOES NOT CHARGE. This battery is NEW, just bought it and it does not WORK. I repeat: DOES NOT WORK. Don't waste your money and time on it. Seriously.