4.0 out of 5 stars Economical replacement battery
Published on January 14, 2012 by Cornelius B. Henning

Charged battery to use with Neewer video light, doesn't work. Charger may be problem, but it showed green light when charging. Either way, it sucks.

Edit: Trying to return, and just learned I will have to pay postage. You have been warned. Double suck.

Edit: Eforcity won't replace, just refund, you pay the postage. Triple suck.

Quote:...
Published on July 8, 2012 by David H Findley

1.0 out of 5 stars Eforcity will charge you to return it when you find it doesn't work., July 8, 2012
This review is from: Sony Replacement NP-F550 Digital Camera Battery (Camera)

Edit: Eforcity won't replace, just refund, you pay the postage. Triple suck.

Quote: Return for refund (original purchase price only, shipping and handling is NOT refundable): 30 days from the Invoice date.
Return for replacement: No replacement is offered
Defective Products: Credited refund for purchase price to original method of payment

4.0 out of 5 stars Economical replacement battery, January 14, 2012
This review is from: Sony Replacement NP-F550 Digital Camera Battery (Camera)
I bought this battery recently through Amazon to power a Neewer 160 LED movie light. I do not have the Sony camera it is intended for and cannot comment on its performance in the Sony product. It works well in the Neewer light. On a full charge it will power the light continuously at full brightness for over an hour, which is all I need. And it was not expensive at just over $9. However, it is not a "Sony" product, but a "Sony Replacement" product, so I am giving it 4 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sony Replacement NP-F550 digital camera battery, February 11, 2012
Robert Wintermeier (Croton-on-Hudson, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Replacement NP-F550 Digital Camera Battery (Camera)
Bought 12/15/11....Stopped working on 2/11/12. Less than 60 days. Will attempt to see if there is a warranty and if it is honored.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for my use., November 10, 2012
This review is from: Sony Replacement NP-F550 Digital Camera Battery (Camera)
Let me be clear, there are plenty enough horror stories on the Internet about how you can ruin a good camcorder with bad batteries. These stories are real, and companies like Sony have taken to putting special chips in their batteries to keep people from using them. Not only does this lock the customer into buying overpriced battery replacements, it also saves Sony some money from doing warranty repairs because that cheap battery wasn't made to Sony's specifications. While YOU would never call in a warranty on an item you'd knowingly damaged, there are people that would, and warranty repairs cost money.

Some replacement batteries are very high quality. Others are not. How do you know which is which? Trial and error is a little like Russian roulette with your camcorder. Tons of research is almost more trouble than it is worth, especially with 'plant' reviews. However, if there is no brand name on the battery or it is labeled Sony when you know it isn't, I wouldn't trust it out the gate. The batteries I received had no brand markings on them. So no, I don't trust them.

That said, I bought them to go in my LED light. For that, they are working wonderfully and I have no complaints. They are rechargeable and cheaper than AAs if I get 2 full uses out of them. I do not KNOW that they are not good enough for a camcorder, but I would not try it. They work fine for my light though, and neither one has failed me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous price, May 31, 2014
This review is from: Sony Replacement NP-F550 Digital Camera Battery (Camera)
I purchased 2 of these batteries to use with my Neewer CN-160 LED panel for my Nikon D5200. Shipping took a little longer than I expected but regardless I received them.

Charged both of them for 12 hours but one of them seems to not have the same amount of power as the other (it seems to never get a full charge) and dies faster than the other one. BUT, for $3, you can't complain. I don't even know how they make money on this battery when they sell it so cheap. But that's good for us! So all in all, I have no complaints. No brainer, especially for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I have 2 !, May 22, 2014
This review is from: Sony Replacement NP-F550 Digital Camera Battery (Camera)
This is nice , cause this battery I have two of them now and will never be out of charge !! Thank You again Amazon.com for great customer service ! Sincerely , Troy Velez !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, I would say buy two but mine has never died during a shoot., May 2, 2014
This review is from: Sony Replacement NP-F550 Digital Camera Battery (Camera)
Life of battery still strong after a year, I was very surprised and pleased. I hesitated at first but this was a good buy. I use it for an LED light box and this battery keeps it bright for a long time and many times I cannot tell that the battery is low by looking at the power of the light. So this is a good buy ;)

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy, April 25, 2014
This review is from: Sony Replacement NP-F550 Digital Camera Battery (Camera)
It holds the charge and and I use it for my lights. It was handy to have a pair of these at my last event.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Replacement Battery for Data Logger, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Sony Replacement NP-F550 Digital Camera Battery (Camera)
I have a Graphtec data logger that takes a proprietary battery that costs a bloody mint. I spent some time looking at less expensive batteries, as I figured that the proprietary one was probably a relabeled mass-produced battery of some sort...and sure enough it's the Sony NP-F550. To check the compatibility, I bought two of these cheap Sony replacement batteries...mostly just to verify the size and voltage compatibility.

To my surprise the replacement is working like a champ: correct voltage and size in my application...and after a year of use the self discharge rate is still very acceptable (pretty much holding charge for several months between uses). For my application, there was no need to go off and buy the more expensive "name brand" batteries. These were one tenth the cost of the Graphtec batteries they replaced.

BTW...I don't charge the batteries in the Graphtec, which lacks the third charging terminal used by Sony. Instead, I bought a cheap "Battery Charger for SONY Li-Ion NP-FM500H NP-F550 NP-F570" from Amazon. It also works like a champ and charges the batteries just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Strong, May 17, 2012
This review is from: Sony Replacement NP-F550 Digital Camera Battery (Camera)
I use this battery on my portable LED light attachment for my iPhone. I found this battery to last a long time. In fact it lasted over 2 hours when making a video outside. It's a perfect replacement battery and worth the cost.

Sony Replacement NP-F550 Digital Camera Battery