5.0 out of 5 stars It's great, especially for the price
Published on January 25, 2012 by Erin R. Deatrick

3.0 out of 5 stars good enough
While this is a string only cord , which is quite thin , once you get the mastery of the knots , it will be able to secure you lens cap
Published on January 9, 2012 by M. Bernard

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great, especially for the price, January 25, 2012
Erin R. Deatrick (Fernandina Beach, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dopo Snap On 58mm Replacement Lens Cap for Nikon, Canon, Sony, and Other Digital Camera Lens (Electronics)
This cap fits great onto my lens, and the string is great! No more searching for the cap after I take my photos. Every time I would ask myself "why did they not put a lanyard on these caps!!!???" Not sure how long the string will last because it's quite thin, but I bought two just in case one broke or got lost. When you get this cap, you will need to thread the ends of the string through a tiny hole and then tie them in a knot(pretty simple). There were no instructions, but very self explanatory in my opinion:)

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this design!, May 23, 2012
JohnB (Hollywood, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
I own a Canon T3i and Canon's lens caps are no comparison to this cap. Taken from Nikon's design, the spring attachment is dead simple to use to remove and attach to a lens. Be careful though - the elastic strap attaches to the cap using a piece of double-sided foam tape about the size of a dime and does NOT remain attached to the cap - every one I bought detached while I was using my camera and the cap was hanging from the lens. I remedied it using a drop of gorilla glue the placing the cap under a heavy box for a few hours until the glue set - voila.

3.0 out of 5 stars good enough, January 9, 2012
M. Bernard (Trinidad and Tobago) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal - Awesome Cap - VERY Secure!, October 26, 2011
I bought this as a replacement for my Canon T2i cap which had no tether and kept falling off on the trail. I was utterly surprised at how secure this cap fits on my camera. The springs are strong and the tabs for putting the cap off/on are larger than the OEM cap and therefore easier to use. I bought two of these and started using one without the tether and now almost don't see the need for the string.

Should you wish to use the tether, it attaches to the cap via a small hole at the edge of the cap. The tether does not come pre-strung to the cap so you can use it with/without the string. I find it more convenient to use it without and have no worries about losing the cap since it fits so secure.

I would highly recommend these caps as a replacement for OEM caps any day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice & Convieniant, October 28, 2012
Great, much better than the standard one's that come with the lenses. Nice spring action, and the line that connects it to the camera makes it great and very handy. I've purchased a couple more for my other lenses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect lenscap, July 25, 2012
I cannot believe Canon did not come up with this type of lens cap for their cameras. I have a Canon SX40 HS and was not impressed with the cap that came with it, when I ordered a 58mm filter kit I had to get a new lens cap to fit the 58mm size and this one is so much easier to use and fits much more snug. You will not go wrong if you get this one, it works great.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected!, July 13, 2012
MB (Newark, De, USA) - See all my reviews
This is not what I expected. Even with this low price I expected the cap to have better finishing. Cord is flimsy and there are no indications how to attached the cord to the cap. I had to scan the cap to see the tiny hole to insert the cord.
The way product description is written should have warned me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I ordered, July 6, 2012
I ordered this replacement cap with the thought that it would have the pinch in the middle making it easier for me to put the cap on and and take it off the camera lens with ease, with the hood on; but the cap I received is just like the stock lens I received with my camera, minus the logo. The pinchers are on the outside rim, not the inside. In addition, it did not come with the string to tether the cap to the camera. It does have the loop for it on the cap however, which I found amusing - since there is no string to attach! It would be helpful if the picture and description matched the product that was actually being sent out; waste of my time and money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool, works great!, January 2, 2012
I think this item works even better than the original that came with the Canon Camera. It holds tightly and the string will definitively keep it close enough and wont get lost again. Great Product!

4.0 out of 5 stars String was not attached., December 21, 2011
String was not attached. I put a knot on there and this holds on cap side and loop on the camera side. Good cap keeper. The only thing is when I don't have it attached on the camera side it will be effort not to loose the string.