Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Color: Black X1 HeadsetChange

on January 22, 2011
I had this cord for about a week before it stopped working. The cord is cheaply made. It simply does not even hold up to a weeks worth of gaming. It started to come undone at the seams. The ground wires became exposed because of the cheap casing around the wiring. I do not recommend this product.
on September 6, 2011
Horrible product had it for less then a month and stopped working at first even when i connected it , it was fuzzy and people couldnt hear me .. DONT BUY IT
on August 24, 2011
Well when I purchased this I planned to use it with my turtle beach x11 not x1. It did NOT work at all with the x11 headset so be careful.
11 comment4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2013
has static but your paying for what you get, cheap but works .
in the clutch its a keeper .
on November 5, 2013
It gets the job done. But everyone that is in a party with me echoes terribly. I tried everything to fix it but I think its just the cheap quality of this cable.
on December 17, 2013
This wire broke within the first couple days. Very disappointed. It was cheaply made and not even worth the money I spent.
on August 8, 2012
The most obvious contributing factor to purchasing this item is of course the inexpensive price. To order an "official" cable from the Turtle Beach website is atrociously overpriced, so this was the next best thing. Unfortunately, the build quality of this is somewhat questionable. It works fine, but it feels "cheap" and I worry that it will not last very long. Time will tell, but I am not putting my faith in this lasting more than a year. When I finish playing my XBox, I unplug this cable (gently) and wrap it up and set it up on a shelf (gently) to hopefully keep it out of harm's way. Again, time will tell how this method may prolong the life of the product.

Regardless of all that, it does work with the X1 headset at a cost that was more reasonable than the ridiculous official cables from the Turtle Beach website, so I can't really gripe about it too much.
on November 7, 2012
I do think that this is a good item, I just think that everyone needs to know that even good products like this one can be faulty. I ordered this item about a month ago and the mute switch was broken and popped into its socket on arrival. For the first few weeks I did not use the mute switch and the connection worked fine even with the faulty switch. but the first time I tried to mute the already defective mute switch it broke completely. Now the contraption will let me move the mute switch but I stay on mute the whole time or the connection got broken. I am unsure which happened but I wanted to let potential buyers know that it may have defectivities. I would be absoloutely fine with the product if it wasn't broken or I knew how to return it. if a moderater or employee at SethCo could help me get a replacement I would definately be a happier man. Thank You!
on May 25, 2011
Unfortunately i got ripped off again from buying from another third party manufacturer. When i received the item i found that the microphone wire would not even work. Not to mention the quality of the build was very poor, when taken apart to examine the parts i noticed that the wires were poorly soldered and it even masking tape on it to keep it "secure". If you go to turtle beach official website you can buy the legitimate wire for a few dollars more. save some money and some time and buy the real deal. It might be just me but i received a lemon
on November 24, 2012
This cable is a temp fix for gaming as we bought two cables within 3 weeks and both broke. Poor quality. The seller did not make them but she sold them and unfortunately, we will not buy again as we tried twice and that is enough.
My son doesn't have money and now is hoping for another for XMAS gift and is sidelined. The seller wouldn't take it back unless I had all original packing, receipt, etc.
Needless to say- my son did not keep the package as he hooked up the cable to see it work and used it.