Replacement Universal Foam Pads Kit 5/16" Giro and Bell Bike Cycling Helmet
|Price:||$8.99 + $4.49 shipping|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 8 piece universal kit 5/16 inch thickness, competitor is only 1/16"
- INCLUDES FREE VELCRO TABS that stick to your helmet and these pads.
- Made exclusively by us here in the USA, Beware of cheap China Knockoffs
- highest quality material utracell foam washable breathable.
- If your helmet is really old with no velcro please let us know, thanks.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
One thing to be aware of is that they are designed to be attached to Velcro (the "hook" side). If your helmet already has that, great. If not, you will need to put that in first. I already had a bunch of adhesive-backed Velcro, so that requirement wasn't really a problem, but you may have to go buy some. Also, many newer helmets already have it in place; mine didn't.
The only thing that could make them better is if they had sticky material on them. It was a pain to try to use rubber cement but I was able to get it to work.
1. They are not universal. The longest pad in the kit is not long enough for the center pad in my Bell Influx helmet. Oddly, another reviewer had specifically mentioned that the pads fit the Influx perfectly...this is false.
2. They do not adhere to the velcro on the inside of a helmet. Unlike the pads that come with the helmet, they fall off when the helmet is taken off. This means that if you leave your helmet with your bike when you go somewhere, the pads will be on the ground when you are ready to leave. Now you have to search around on the ground until you find them. By this time, they are dirty, wet, or maybe even lost.
3. This is kind of gross, but...if you are commuting for anything longer than 15 minutes or so, you are going to sweat. These pads are ticker than standard helmet pads (which is one of their selling points). But they are basically foam, which means that they have a lot of space with which to soak up moisture. Once the pads are filled with your sweat, they will actually dispense the sweat into your face every time your head puts any kind of pressure on the pads (which will happen with any slight movement).
Unfortunately, certain helmet manufacturers whose names rhyme with "well" refuse to offer replacement pads in any reasonable or convenient manner consistent with 21st century consumerism, so your options are limited. But that is another rant altogether. It seems like these pads were conceived, manufactured, and marketed without having been tested by actual cyclists. I think this company could make a decent product, for which there is obviously a market. But this isn't it. I recommend finding the actual pads that go with the helmet, if at all possible.
LATER EDIT: see the attached photo to get an idea of what happens to these after just over two years' use, which includes exposure to copious amounts of sweat during riding season (but no exposure during the off season). Since there were several pads in the set and I only used about half of them, I should have enough left for another application--meaning the set looks like it will last me four years. Still seems overall like a pretty good deal.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fantastic foam replacements for my older bicycle helmut. Very helpful sellers who got me what I needed. They've held up well to sun and sweat. RecommendedPublished 2 months ago by 'Net Shopper
does what it says on the box. Nice not to have to buy a whole new helmetPublished 4 months ago by B H A Terris
Helped make my helmet amazing...advise better Velcro to be used though.Published 6 months ago by Poker's choice
These were exactly what I needed to make a soft gym helmet fit a child properly.Published 7 months ago by Susan K.