Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on February 24, 2015
This is with out a doubt NOT a underwater housing. Do not buy this item. It is a skeleton case.The sides have holes in them to access the cards and the AUX ports. Also its a aftermarket case. None of the go pro logos are on the mounts. I have most of the go pro models and this one looks nothing like the original housings.
review image
on January 17, 2014
The case I received was not the same as the one in the picture. I realize now that this is not GoPro brand, but the latch is also different. The one I received has an annoying sliding lock that you have to push to open. It takes both hands and is virtually impossible. ALSO, unlike the GoPro brand, you CANNOT remove/switch out the back door. This means that you are unable to use this with a skeleton or GoPro Backpack. I wish I would've spent the extra money and went with a genuine GoPro brand case.
on April 29, 2014
Just received this (non) waterproof case. Package got forwarded all the way to Panama for a shoot and when I finally opened it to my surprise the case was not waterproof, I received a case with a hole on the side to access the ports. Now I am stuck with a useless case in Panama with no way to return it.
on February 26, 2014
Description says it's a case for the hero2 when all they sent me was the water proof door for the case. False advertising
on December 20, 2014
I received this case a couple months ago and finally am making a review but that said ive had experience with the case. It is a solid case but is not waterproof as shown in the description in fact the whole right side of the case is open, where all the ports are for charging, etc. This really disappoints me because i wanted to use my go pro in the ocean but since this case is not waterproof there is no way. Advice for the dealer, maybe don't put that its waterproof when its obviously not.
review image review image
on October 21, 2015
The product I received seems equal to the original equipment, or possibly slightly better. I use it with a Hero 960, which takes the same housing as the Hero2. A couple of comments responding to earlier reviews:

At least one reviewer believed the housing received is after-market, that is by a company other than GoPro. I don't know if that's so or not with the one I received, but it would seem irrelevant: at least some of the after-market products offered for use with GoPro cameras are far superior to the original equipment. The GoPro mounts, for instance, are not suitable for high-pressure road bicycle tires used on city streets -- I had at least a dozen GoPro mounts break, and I know others who've had the same problem. The Fotasy mounts are orders of magnitude better than what GoPro makes. Similarly, the Wasabi Power batteries have proven better -- operating the camera as much as 30 minutes longer -- and are around a third of the price, plus come with an AC recharger. So judge the product by the product, and not by whether it's after-market or not.

As for the Replacement housing, a number of people seem to have been shipped the wrong product, that is, the Skeleton housing. Please don't rate the right product down because you were shipped the wrong item -- that's a bit misleading to the rest of us.

Some have also complained that their housing leaked. The packaging which came with mine suggests testing the housing to make sure it was not damaged in shipping. This is a good idea and easy enough: just immerse the closed housing in a sink of water, push the buttons, and make sure there's no string of bubbles emerging from the case. You might also stuff the inside with a little bathroom tissue and make sure it doesn't get wet.

Finally, the product I receive seems like the original GoPro housing, with one exception: the tabs which extend from the housing and fit into the mount and then receive the mounting screw seem just slightly thicker. That's good. It means that this housing, unlike the previous two, is a little less likely to break and doesn't have to be tightened down quite as much in order to hold its position. Otherwise I can't see any difference between this and the original. Note that GoPro says it no longer has any remaining inventory of this case.
on February 14, 2016
This is a knockoff, not an original GoPro part. At first it appeared to be ok. The button on top has a low quality spring compared to the original housing, and it's hard to tell if you pressed it or not, especially if you have gloves on. If that were the only problem, I would have lived with it.

That's a small issue compared to what I learned after reviewing my first video. The "lens" on this is not a lens at all. It's cheap plastic instead of optical quality. This means the picture appears really blurry despite the lens being clean, because the light is filtering through imperfect plastic that isn't made for this purpose. And another effect of this is a sun flare spreads over the entire picture and doesn't go away. All you can see in the video is a huge white flare. Attached is a screenshot.

Unfortunately it is past the return period, so I have no option but to toss it.
review image
on February 21, 2015
Not as advertised! Even the package said "Replacement Waterproof ...", but there's a gaping hole in the side. This is NOT a waterproof hosing replacement!
Very disappointed though I'm keeping the unit for good weather filming. I'll be looking elsewhere for the actual waterproof housing.
on February 26, 2016
Works great. Some other reviews mention this product is not as shown in the picture-- I ordered this in mid February of 2016 and got exactly what is shown. It IS a waterproof case (at least the one I received), and is solid all around. Looks like they fixed the issue with shipping incorrect items. The case is great, I really only needed a replacement latch so this did the trick. The housing itself, even though I don't use it since I use my old housing (again, just bought this for the latch), is solid. One thing I don't like is how the buttons feel when pressed. They seem soft, but do work without issues. Great alternative and much cheaper than the GoPro brand.
on December 30, 2014
Seemed to be the right thing when it arrived. I snapped the GoPro onto my wakeboard and went for a ride. After first ride, figured out that there is a massive rectangular hole machined into the side of the supposedly waterproof case. Case full of water and GoPro dead. Fortunately after drying out, the camera works fine again. Amazon refunded my money, but it's a pain to ship product back, etc. I note a few other folks have a similar experience.