4.0 out of 5 stars my xbox now works, but need to work on this item
On 20120616
It arrived on expected time for ground shipping.
4 start because it works, but I had to do extra work on it.
It has g2r2 on circuit board.
It has a G on botton right, original laser has a D.
It did NOT have metal part on the "arm", I had to remove from original one.
I noticed that hole for screw was smaller than original...
Published on June 16, 2012 by Marcelo

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work
I am going to split this review into two sections: the product, and the seller

Product:
Published 17 months ago by Kevin

4.0 out of 5 stars my xbox now works, but need to work on this item, June 16, 2012
Marcelo (Astoria, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Replacement for XBox 360 Slim Laser Lens HOP-150X 15XX DG-16D4S G2R2
On 20120616
It arrived on expected time for ground shipping.
4 start because it works, but I had to do extra work on it.
It has g2r2 on circuit board.
It has a G on botton right, original laser has a D.
It did NOT have metal part on the "arm", I had to remove from original one.
I noticed that hole for screw was smaller than original laser.
I made hole bigger with a bit 1/16 using hands, just enough to start screwing into.
After re-mounting xbox I was able to copy all skylander and halo reach to HD, so it is a proof that laser is working.
This laser, for my xbox, did not need any type of soldering.
My xbox is 360slim,
dvd is dg-16d4s, no:13c,
manufactured on June 2010
fw ver 9504 HW ver A0A0.
bought 12/2010
warranty expired 12/2011
First and only problem so far, OPEN TRAY 5/29/2102.
MS should do a recall due amount of people with this problem.
OPEN TRAY problem- put game and in 10sec says open tray.
Thanks youtube and internet knowledge share for videos where I learned:
-open xbox slim - it worked.
-adjust laser - it did not work for me, and spent too much time trying. SO BUY LASER AND GET DONE.
-remove/mount laser - it worked.
I will try to update after a month.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, September 1, 2013
This laser worked on my xbox 360 slim. The only thing you need to do before installing is to remove the anti-static ball with a soldering gun, otherwise it will not work. Just google on how to remove but it is fairly easy. After I installed on my xbox I can finally play my games without any disc read errors.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, June 14, 2013
I am going to split this review into two sections: the product, and the seller

Product:
It simply didn't work. I installed this into my xbox, and it wouldn't read any games. I spent hours trying to fix the problem, but with no success. The seller sent me a replacement laser, and it had the exact same problem. This is definitely the laser for my drive, so I'm not sure what the issue was. I would like to note that BOTH of the lasers I ordered did NOT have the anti-static solder ball on them when I received them. The lasers could have either been bad to begin with, or this could be a huge mistake on the seller's part, and they could be electrically shorting during transportation. I ended up buying a third laser off ebay. I installed it, and it works flawlessly.

Seller:
The seller is the reason I am giving this two stars. I would give it 5 stars if the product actually worked. The seller was extremely prompt when replying to my emails, and seemed more than happy to help. They sent me a new product at no additional charge, and offered to take the product back since they didn't work (though there was a restocking fee).

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, March 15, 2014
Very quality, been working for a half a year now without an error! Minutes to install with a few tools. BE SURE TO UNSOLDER THE 3 "SHIPPING" SOLDER POINTS. Watch a Youtube video before instaling.

5.0 out of 5 stars X360 Slim Laser Lens, November 26, 2012
Just received this item a few days ago, luckily i don't need them just yet as the DIY fixed the disc read error i was having, but i doubt it will last long knowing MS equipment is garbage, and I've yet to have any console last over 3 years without a major breakdown of sorts. So i have these laser lenses as backup for when it does fail.

Note: I said "When" not "If" because it is at it's life's end of 2-3yrs, and DIY only extends the life by a couple of months especially dealing with MS junk.

Update: About 5 months after purchasing this item, my 360 slim once again had read errors and this time cleaning the laser lense did not work. I decided it was time to replace the lense. I printed a very detailed instructions given online and upon installing this laser did not work. I tried the 2nd one i had since i bought 2 and once again it did not work, i went looking on line to troubleshoot and found that these lenses are hit-n-miss and this time its a miss. Will never buy these again nor will i ever recommend to get this, rather go order the drive unit (around $35-50) which is now in my console with no problems. The price of these lenses make it very attractive but keep in mind the time you spend trying to fix your console is better worth the drive unit vs these crap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great!, November 25, 2014
George Heizler (Park Falls Wi. United States) - See all my reviews
First let me say that I was sceptical that this was going to work. I consider myself an ok diy person.
By no means am I an expert in electronic repairs.
I have been fighting this clean disk error for some time. I just thought it was bad disks or Xbox games.
I was considering buying a different Xbox, then I went onto YouTube and tried to find some information on
this problem. Man there are lots of good helping videos to watch. (Thanks everyone who helps people like me)
I took the Xbox apart and changed the laser (videos on this to on YouTube) an thought here goes nothing. Low and behold, BAM, the Xbox works
better then it ever did. For under a $10. part and I was thinking of getting a new one, all I can say is if you are haveing
problems please try this first. It is like I said for under $10 bucks you can save allot of money.
Just remember to do your research on you Xbox first. There are a couple of different types of lasers.
I had to take mine apart to find the model number. Well worth your time.
Just be patient and take your time. For a couple of hours work, I saved hundreds of dollars.
Highly recommend!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 12, 2014
Easy to fix. Great product. Great seller. Would buy again if had to.

5.0 out of 5 stars worked great, July 4, 2014
a perfect replacement order it cause my sons stopped reading disk "his fault" i order this and watched a youtube video on how to. and it went perfectly. saved me about 80 dollars from having a local place fix it. and it still working

1.0 out of 5 stars Recieved a dud, July 1, 2014
Jacob Ringelstetter (Spring Green, Wisconsin, US) - See all my reviews
I hadn't had the time to work on the xbox 360 disc drive that was giving me errors until just now. The laser did not work. I checked the resistance on the laser itself with a potentiometer and it read at 2.08kOhm, lower than the old one I had that read at 2.26kOhm. Ideally, the laser needs to be between 3kOhm and 5kOhm to work. Unfortunately, I am passed the return window for this item and am stuck with this junk piece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, June 30, 2014
Fits perfect and was easy to replace would recommend this to anyone having disc read errors thanks for the great product