Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on August 28, 2012
The power supply that came with the Lepai 2020A+ digital amp was not powerful enough to get the signal to the outdoor speakers over a long (25+mts) speaker cable run. Other buyers had mentioned the benefits of buying a 5amp power supply to replace the stock one. That is sound advice indeed. This power supply made a huge difference to sound quality and overall musical detail (although we are not talking high end sound here, just to clarify). It does the job well and without any heat. Listening to music outdoors is a pleasure now and it amazes me each time I think of how little it cost me to set it up.
on September 23, 2013
I was looking for a better power supply for some Lepai 2020A+ amplifiers I bought and this one fits the bill perfectly; no modifications necessary, just plug and play.
on March 17, 2016
Maxes out at 3.8A with an Imax B6 Mini balance charger (trying to push 5.0 amps to a balance board with 4 lipos).

The brick gets HOT during use, and the green LED started cutting out.

DC side of the brick does NOT have a 90 degree bend, contrary to the product pic.
review image
on January 3, 2013
This serves perfectly as an upgraded power supply for the Lepai LP-2020A+ T-Amp. Good quality adapter at a very fair price. The power supply that accompanies the Lepai is underpowered. Indeed, some Lepai's are shipping without power supplies. This one here is just what you want: 12V and 5A of goodness for your T-Amp.
on December 19, 2011
I bought this to power a small amplifier card in home-built bluetooth speakers.

Cable was easy to cut/strip/solder, and power is supplied cleanly enough to produce no hum/hiss/whine after passing typical DC filter on amp card.

I'm not using anywhere near its rated 5A capacity so cannot comment on that, but it runs this 20W amplifier without difficulty.
on May 14, 2013
I use this to give an extra boost to my LP-2020A+ Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier that I use with a pair of Pyle Home PCB3BK 3-Inch 100-Watt Mini Cube Bookshelf Speakers and my Toshiba LED TV. This hookup produces far, far superior sound compared to the TV's built-in speakers.
on May 7, 2015
I ordered one of these adapters to use with my Lepai amp, Bose bookshelf speakers, and bluetooth receiver to power my Lepai amp because I wanted to build a bluetooth enabled stereo unit for my patio and the adapter that came with the Lepai is only a 2 amp which isn't high enough amperage for the Lepai causing it to cut out. This adapter was exactly what I needed and it's been working flawlessly with my stereo system.
on July 12, 2014
I bought this power supply for my Lepai 2020A+ to give it some extra power. At first, I didn't really notice much of a difference. But when I turn the amp up to almost 10, I realized that the sound didn't clip as much and it drove my 5.25" bookshelf monitors harder than before. This power supply really did make a huge difference in sound quality. This amp and power supply is not going give you external sound card sound that's 24bits by 96KHz but it does the job and it's a MUST when you buy the Lepai Amp.
on November 13, 2013
I buy these to power Lepai LP-2020A+ amps, and they do that perfectly. They provide plenty of power, have a long cord without a wall wart, and the barrel connector is exactly what you need. Purchased for 3 amps and all 3 are going strong.
on December 8, 2011
Recently the AC Adapter for the Synaps monitor my friend had been using just died completely. It would make a ticking noise when plugged in. We looked around for quite awhile looking for OEM but could not seem to find it. We found this listing on Amazon and decided to give it a shot. It got here several days before the anticipated date and has been working like a charm! Thank you.