Replacing, Installing & Changing out Batteries

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 9, 2006 5:21:41 PM PDT
Lisa says:
Once you do it the first time, you'll feel really stupid for not knowing how but, if you're like me, it'll give you fits until you figure it out. Here's how to change the batteries.

Turn the cups outward and slide a finger under the lip of the cushion. Just pull firmly. There's no locking mechanism or anything else holding it down.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2007 10:54:52 AM PDT
DocTodd says:
If you have a small screw driver, you can pop them off even more easily. There's a gap in front of the two pivots on each earpiece. I use the "screwdriver" on my tiny swiss army knife. It is safer than pulling.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2007 10:55:23 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 5, 2007 10:55:35 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2009 9:52:09 PM PDT
OldAmazonian says:
Or you can buy the Howard Leight Impact Sport and merely slide the battery cover off with your thumbs to replace the two AAA cells, then snap the battery cover back on. Two AAA cells, two microphones, one volume control and one 3.5mm auxiliary input jack makes a more rational design. The automatic 4-hour shutoff, resettable by turning the volume control off for five seconds or more, is more rational still.

Howard Leight Impact Sport OD Electric Earmuff, Green

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2009 10:06:21 AM PST
Innate says:
Thanks... That did the trick!
Thought I was slightly retarded there for a while

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2015 6:39:18 PM PDT
Irish52 says:
Huh? If you mean the ear cushions it's sure isn't like that on mine. There isn't even a way to reach them from behind the cushion. On the ones I bought you just have to push up on the black rubberized top on the side of the directional microphone (the opposite side of the ON/OFF/VOLUME SWITCH).

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2015 9:02:59 AM PDT
RTC says:
Thanks. I had forgotten how to do this so I googled it and there you were.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Sep 9, 2006
Latest post:  May 24, 2015

Search Customer Discussions