Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on December 30, 2006
Because this globe is considered a "kid's globe", it has bright colorful pictures on it but it doesn't actually show all of the STATES or PROVINCES for any of the countries! So for example, it shows the United States, but almost none of the states! It shows like "California" and "Florida", but barely any of the other states. Same thing with all the other countries. So this isn't really that great of a reference tool. Be forewarned before ordering this globe!
44 comments|173 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2007
I purchased this Globe 4 Kids for my 4year old granddaughter as a Christmas present. I was very impressed with the web site, the choices offered, and the quality of the globe. The variety of choices was impressive. I had no idea there were so many types of globes. The one I finally chose was because it was targeted for children and had child-oriented pictures and larger words. However, it is not in any way "childish" and she loves it. It has the added bonus of being illuminated and works well as a night light for her. I would definitely recommend this site to anyone looking for a globe.
on January 9, 2007
My 5 yr old wanted a light up globe for xmas, and this was perfect! He loves looking at all the different pictures on it. It is a little on the flimsy side though, but it works! Very cute as a night light.
on January 30, 2010
The light bulb stopped working after a few days. The globe becomes detached from the rest quite frequently. Not worth for the money I paid for this.
on December 26, 2008
Got this for my 4.5 yr old. I think I paid almost $50. For that, I did not expect a plastic lightweight. At least it's a plug-in & does not use batteries. Although, the illumination really doesn't add much. It's been tumbled around a little bit by my 1.5 yr old & survived. I was afraid the single light would be broken. It has been useful to show my 4.5 old where our family/friends are from around the world. The little pictures got her attention. But again, for the money, it should at least be bigger (so the smaller countries can be more prominent) & with brighter illumination. I will be getting a separate US map puzzle to teach the states.
on February 8, 2010
This globe is cheaply constructed and doesn't "spin" the way a globe should. It does illuminate, but can easily be dislodged from the lightweight plastic base while looking at the pictures. Yes, pictures. Thought this item states explicitly that it is a children's globe, it has giant pictures of animals and other various cartoons over the continents and prevents any type of understanding about what the world really looks like.

I was extremely disappointed by this globe for both it's poor quality and uninformative nature.
on July 12, 2012
I bought this for my son's birthday - he is turning 4 - he had asked for a globe for his birthday. This one hadn't received awesome reviews so I was a bit skeptical. I knew that he would not be interested for long in just a "regular" globe with all of the countries and states and such, so I thought this one with the animals and landmarks would be something that he could relate to. I looked at it last night and was pleasantly surprised. True, it doesn't have all of the boundary lines, etc and when he gets older he may want a "real" globe, but I think this is perfect for him right now since it is relatable to a 4 year old. When lit up, it is really pretty. My only disappointments are that it does not have raised areas of the mountain regions and things like that and it is a bit flimsy. Because of that, I think it is a bit overpriced, but if my son can learn from it and enjoy it then it is worth it.
on May 14, 2007
I think the frame could be sturdier. Other than that it is a very good educational toy.
on April 24, 2011
Again, I was delighted with my purchase through Amazon. Based on a review by another grandmother, I ordered this globe. The twins were immediately able to identify countries and continents based on the animal illustrations. They even pointed out the Statue of Liberty to identify New York. Standard delivery arrived in two days.
on December 2, 2013
This globe fell apart as I gingerly picked it up and removed it from the box in which it arrived. The top pin came apart from the globe, and, the entire thing wobbles whenever I try to turn or move it. Also, the lightweight plastic base easily tips over. I can appreciate that someone may want a lower-priced globe, but what's the point when it just falls apart? It's going back.