Reponse:Not worth the money or time, Reviewer: "korak@evilemail.com" (Seattle, WA) October 15, 2000

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 29, 2006 3:43:52 PM PDT
You do not know, what you are talking about!!!

First and foremost, this book is not to be taken as an exact map for you to become rich. You took the whole book on face value. If you were listening to the tape or read the book then you would have heard or read where he says so.

This is the problem, assuming that you are in middle class, which commonly search for an answer but when dignified with one, you chose not to accept it .

To answer,"His advice on making money via IPOs is completely wrong; you can't invest that little money so close to the IPO filing for such a large discount."

Are you educated in that field of study or anyone who has a negative out look on this amazingly written book, to prove him wrong using facts?

This comment stood out the most, "
Fourth, his emphasis on making money. I like money, don't get me wrong. Like most people reading this review, I'd like to be a millionaire. But, I think, there is an underlying current of meanness in Kiyosaki's book. The way his "rich dad" kept people waiting and intimidated them with his power, the way Kiyosaki himself resented being left out of the parties held by the "rich kids." It's disturbing."

The part in the book or tape, which i have, is the point that you missed. He made them wait to prove a point, remember, he said, " I am not going to teach you classroom style, but the way life teaches you.Life is not play mean or nice, life is just life.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2006 6:21:28 AM PST
dave3dv says:
Kiyosaki only became rich by selling you these books.

Kiyosaki, when asked by ABC news in a story they were doing on his methods actually said 9 out of 10 people fail. Not sure you want to buy 18 books from, and take the advice of, a guy who tells you to at the beginning you only have a 10% chance of success.

It's all spelled out for you right here.

http://www.johntreed.com/Kiyosaki.html

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2006 8:09:33 AM PST
Don Johnson says:
So what you're saying is, sell books to become rich? lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2006 6:27:19 PM PST
J. Enyeart says:
I must say that I didn't read all of that page by John Reed. I was expecting something the size of a newspaper article that discusses why he doesn't like Kiyosaki, but ended up with a novel-sized poorly-designed website full of jealous ramblings.

The funniest thing is that Reed posts a link (http://www.cse.dmu.ac.uk/%7emward/gkc/books/success.html) that describes books about success as "a particular class of books and articles which I sincerely and solemnly think may be called the silliest ever known among men." Despite this, he is also sure to include a blurb for his own book, entitled "Succeeding."

He takes many of Kiyosaki's thoughts out of context and speculates that he doesn't even believe that Kiyosaki is rich or that there was ever a "Rich Dad." As I read through this, I kept thinking, "Why does this guy even care?" I could understand if he wrote an article about why he disagrees with Kiyosaki, but this just rambles on and on and on as if he were personally harmed by the guy and wants to get revenge.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Apr 29, 2006
Latest post:  Dec 5, 2006

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Rich Dad, Poor Dad
Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki (Paperback - October 19, 2000)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (3,414)