To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Repped: 30 Days to a Better Online Reputation Paperback – January 22, 2014
|New from||Used from|
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Author
More About the Author
His follow up book, "Repped: 30 Days to a Better Online Reputation" is a practical plan to building, managing, monitoring, and repairing your online reputation.
Top Customer Reviews
Andy Beal’s book is an incredible, 30-day action plan that can help you build a better online reputation for yourself, your business, brand and/or organization. Every page seems to have practical advice that keeps me jumping back and forth between the book and my computer to put the principles into practice. This book covers everything from “what is online reputation management” to “finding your centers of influence” to “earning trusted reviews” and even “cleaning up the Google mess.” And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
The parts I found most valuable were:
* "Why I'm Anti Pronoun" in the "Keeping the Search Engine Spiders Happy" chapter as a technique to help improve your search engine listings by making one small change in how you talk about yourself online.
* His example in the Tools section of the "Create Amazing Content" chapter gave me several ideas of easy-to-make tools/web pages online both to improve my reputation as well as my marketing efforts.
* The "Better Press Relations" chapter is one of the most concise and practical pieces I've ever seen written on how to get started and maintain your public relations efforts online. It often seem nebulous and complicated, but Andy makes it very easy to understand and implement in a very powerful way.
* "Identifying Your Detractors" was incredibly eye opening for me in seeing the seven types of people who can negatively affect your brand, their interests, and why and how they hold power.
And, finally, the step-by-step, practical advice on what to do in those various worst case scenarios are so clearly outlined in "The First Steps When Your Reputation is Under Attack," "When You Mess Up, Fess Up," and "A Reputation Attack Without Merit" that it's worth thousands of times more than the cost of the book. Even if you end up hiring someone, internally or as a consultant, to improve your reputation, you need to know this stuff.Read more ›
"Repped: 30 Days to a Better Online Reputation" takes many of the concepts taught in Andy's earlier work, combines it with a lot of newer information and puts it all together into a step-by-step set of instructions that will help anyone wanting to improve their own or their business' online reputation. It takes readers through an A-Z process of:
* Understanding what an online reputation is
* How online reputation can affect individuals and businesses
* How to evaluate online reputation
* Steps to take to improve online reputation (if it's bad) or to solidify it (if it's good)
* How to weather an online reputation crisis.
This is a great guide for individuals or those who run small or medium-sized businesses. For those who are already ORM practitioners, "Repped" has a lot of great tips and ideas that will help you do your job better.
It's a common sense approach to reputation management that anyone can read, understand and take action on. The breakdown into 30 days of advice is maybe the only minor negative I'd give the book, as you want to jump forward and get to the next section before tomorrow. But for those that maybe want to take their time, it is a nice breakdown into the different facets of reputation management, with exercises to work through to encourage you to determine how you as an individual, or how your company can prepare for, respond to, and survive a reputation attack.
All in all the definitive reputation management handbook.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Andy does an awesome job describing how to build and manage your online reputation.... Really a great book.... Everyone should read it!Published 8 months ago by Jeffrey Saville
Great read. I would suggest every business owner read this book.Published 13 months ago by Malcom Chakery
I have been teaching and consulting in Social Media for small business owners and sales professionals for over 7 years and I highly recommend this book. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Martin Brossman
If you are alive, you need to read Repped. Seriously. You don't have to be a marketer, a business owner, or even an employee to benefit from this book. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Jenny Halasz
Andy Beal’s new book Repped is a practical, easy-to-understand guide on how to build a better online reputation in thirty days. Read morePublished 22 months ago by cksyme
As a small business owner, I found this book to be very helpful and easy to read. The author turns a potentially overwhelming subject into a manageable process. Read morePublished 22 months ago by JPJones
I just finished Andy Beal's quick book, Repped, reading the Kindle version. In a very short amount of time, Andy goes through all managing reputation through search, through social... Read morePublished 24 months ago by Amanda S
Small business owners either embrace or ignore online reviews. Every week we hear about businesses blaming customers for bad service or discounting a bad reviewer as a... Read morePublished 24 months ago by Amazon Customer