God Represents Unconditional Love in this book.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 86 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 14, 2012 12:35:06 PM PDT
Anne Rice says:
I've read this book. I was able to obtain an early copy. The most moving part of the book is where the author describes his experience of God as unconditional love. I think NDE accounts like this are doing a lot to correct the terrible harm done us by the Christian Belief System, in which we are told we are "fallen," "cut off from God," and only through a horrific bloody sacrifice of a god-man can "a few" be reunited with him.
The Christian Belief system is still very destructive for many.
NDEs over us new testimony about a vision of God that is connected with unconditional love. Yes, we must still lead moral and meaningful lives. But without the bloody horrors and terrors of the Hellfire belief systems of the past as presumed motivating factors. This is very worth considering.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 6:12:44 PM PDT
IAMReigns says:
Christianity as a religion is the result of much pagan influences brought about by the political and social control of the roman empire, culminating in the roman catholic system that was intent on creating a new religion with a man (the pope) at its helm, with the claim that he ranked equal to The Creator of the universe, and could change scripture at his will.

The eternal damnation/hell forever doctrines were introduced into the religion of chrisitianity, and was unknown to early followers of the Jewish Messiah known as Jesus.

For a better understanding of The Lord and His relationship to people, we should go back to the pre-roman Jewish beliefs in the Messiah, and what they expected of the Messiah. Then we should shed all our attachments to christianity and live out the promises of the Messiah in a living, vibrant relationship with G-d, Our Father.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 12:27:04 PM PST
Terri M says:
Please do everyone including yourself a common courtesy by having information about the subject which you chose to post about here. Your ignorance about the Catholic Church and it's teachings does nothing to further the discussion about religion.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 10:44:45 AM PST
Richard Martini in his book Flipside presents his experience with the Life Between Lives research of Michael Newton. The broad perspectives shared in Martini's book overlap with experience and understanding Dr. Alexander shares.

In each the word "God" is secondary because that word as commonly used does not convey the richness, and breath nor depth of the experiences folks have. In each Unconditional Love is a the core of their stories.

In each there is no Salvation because we are already one with the Divine whether we consciously experience that or not. Dr. Alexander's book heralds the transformation of current religions into actual primary conscious relationship between our physical selves and our spiritual selves. In which we then can directly experience of divinity while we are alive.

As such the title of this discussion could easily have been:
Unconditional Love Represents God in this book

Like in the Vedic perspective of Ananda as a characteristic of all that is.

Aloha.. Al

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:10:35 AM PST
Karen says:
I agree!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:57:58 AM PST
IAMReigns says:
FYI I was a "well recognized" member of the catholic community in my country and we were blind to the atrocities and the lies of the papal system and the pagan cultish rituals that were in catholicism. The deception is that man's mind is made to believe that the "good deeds" done by the catholics are sufficient to please God.

They are not! The Bible tells us that our good deeds are filthy rags unless we are in the righteousness (in right standing) of God.

I have researched and looked at the facts objectively - the connect of roman catholic popes to Egyptian ritualism, sun worship and secret societies that are satanic is just the tip of the iceberg in the delusion that has bewitched many roman catholics.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:02:43 AM PST
Anne Rice says:
Poppycock.
One of the best things about Roman Catholicism
are the rituals which bring together thousands in
communal prayer and focus on the transcendent.
Rituals can reflect deep mystical awareness of God's
love, and deep commitment to God. Attending Mass,
receiving Communion, can refresh one spiritually and profoundly.

There is no one way to approach God.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:26:59 AM PST
IAMReigns says:
There is only way to the Father and that is through His Son - the Lord Jesus, as the Bible says, that we are reconciled to the Father through the Blood of the Lord Jesus.

The Lord Jesus Himself said, that He was the WAY, THE TRUTH and THE LIFE. No one, He said, comes to the Father except through Him.

Yes, every man can approach God but not every man can approach God as Father, except the Son. If you are not in the Son you can be in your image as God (all men are made in the image of God - Genesis 1:26-27) and can be under the influence of Adam's rebellious spirit, where they do their own thing. The spirit of Adam is rebellion and is demonic. In 1Samuel 15:23, the Lord tells king Saul, that rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft (demonic art). In Isaiah 45:7, we are told that God creates Light and darkness and evil and good. Man in God's image can do the same. In The Lord Jesus darkness and evil is defeated and has no power - Colossians 2:15. Man can, even if He is born again of the Father in The Blood of Jesus, create darkness, if he fails to obey God. The only difference is that a person who is born of The Father is convicted of his action outside of God and his spirit will cause him to repent and return to Father. A person who does not know God, can continue in darkness and be destroyed by satan. Because the Blood of Jesus has paid for all his guilt, he will someday return to the Lord but till then he will reap the fruits of walking in disobedience to God and darkness.

Many people who claim to be born again are not. The Lord Jesus said that we will know those in Him and in the family of God as Father, by their fruits (not works or miracles) - Matthew 7:15-23.

God destroyed many nations before the children of Israel as the nations worshiped pagan "gods," that were clearly very attractive to those nations. The Lord scourged Israel when they went whoring after those "gods" as well.

Obeying God is obeying God on His Terms; you can feel enlightened and wonderful worshiping demons, and justify it as pure communal bliss; as is done in many meditation classes focusing on the third eye etc. but the bottom line is that you are in demon territory and will be under the oppression of satanic control.

My aunt who was a "wonderful catholic" with her rosary never leaving her hands, was mentally oppressed and one of her sons committed suicide and the other was mentally deranged. I remember the darkness in that home...satan was deceiving and ruling in that place that was full of religious demons...

The spirit of religion denies the liberty in the Lord Jesus and is a murderer, even though the people who have it may seem the furthest from it; very right and proper - religion is a demonic influence that is covert in its operations as it has a "holy" face - it is the spirit that murdered the Lord.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:31:32 AM PST
Anne Rice says:
Same old, same old.
You're hawking one brand of Christianity,
Protestant "born again" ism.
There are many many paths to God, are there not?
And many Christians read all four gospels, and take Luke and Mark and
Matthew as seriously as they take John.
Let me recommend you read the parable of the Good Samaritan.
It begins with the question what must one do to gain eternal life?
And it provides a beautiful answer.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:32:16 AM PST
Anne Rice says:
And by the way, what you're peddling here is definitely "religion."
Your post is entirely and fanatically "religious."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:50:46 AM PST
IAMReigns says:
I am supporting the words I write with scripture. If you can support what you say with the Word of God; that would be out of la la land...

If people want to claim to be followers of the Lord Jesus, (who catholics claim to do), it is dangerous not to know the Word of God or have a relationship with Him as Father.

In your case you are not strictly catholic but a sort of "new age catholic," as you have this all gods lead to one place. That is pure bred hinduism and buddhism, which is pagan and satanic in the eyes of the Lord Jesus. Hindus and Buddhists are seen through the Blood of the Lord Jesus by The Father but till they return home to Father, they are still in the darkness of their father Adam; the son of rebellion.

Why do I know this? because I am natively a south east Indian who was in the demonic garbage before the Lord Jesus became My Life and My Lord and I left the slavery of deception.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:56:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 8:59:37 AM PST
IAMReigns says:
The Life I live I live in the Total freedom of the Lord Jesus in His Wisdom where the enemy cannot get a stronghold in my life:-)...

Religion is death - as satan is death. It has rules like the sacraments and accepting a man in Rome as its head, as dogma. That is in pure violation of the Words of the Lord Jesus Himself, where He told us not to call any man "father" or teacher. Matthew 23:8-10. The priests in catholicism are to be called fathers and the nuns - mothers!!!

The catholic system forces people to accept the pope, who claims to have the same authority of God to change scripture!!! that is how the catholic church imposed the day of rest as being sunday and persecuted those who kept the Sabbath rest from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset.

The whole papal authority nonsense is too demonic to be ignored; and is obvious if people will truly seek the Truth in God.

Read John 10:10. satan comes to kill, steal and destroy, but The Lord Jesus comes to give LIFE more abundantly...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:17:01 AM PST
Anne Rice says:
I don't belong to or support any organized religion.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:18:20 AM PST
Anne Rice says:
Another intensely religious and bigoted post.
Par for the course: a Protestant Christian condemning other
Christians, trying to tell us there is one way to the Lord, and it is
this Protestant Christian's way.
I see nothing compelling or persuasive here.
Simply the same old tired Protestant cliches.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:22:22 AM PST
IAMReigns says:
perfect - a new age catholic in essence means a new age universal being:-)

God Bless you! God loves you. Who am I to condemn you. We are one even though at this time we are in different homes:-)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 9:30:03 AM PST
Amen, brother!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 9:46:52 AM PST
Christianity is NOT a "religion" unlike Catholicism. Christianity is a "relationship" with Jesus Christ. Pure and simple! Even the Bible mentions religion in a "derogatory" manner. Who put Jesus to death? It was the "religious?" Why? Because they accused Christ of breaking their rules and man made commandments. They didn't believe Jesus was the Son of God, and claimed His saying so was blasphemy. Religion condemns, Christ gives life! Read your Bible. I attended Bible college, so I can assure you that I can back-up everything I say. It doesn't matter what I say, but it most definitely does matter what God says! You can dismiss my words, but you cannot dismiss the words of Jesus Christ! And lastly, there are most definitely NOT "many paths to God or heaven!" That is one of the oldest lies in this world, and it dates back to the fall of man in the Garden of Eden when the devil (speaking through the serpent) told Eve, "You can be like God." In other words, he was telling Eve we can be "equal" to God. That has started many false religions and still does. Satan himself wanted to be "equal" with God. That was his downfall, and it is also man's. God did indeed make us in the "likeness" of Himself. Key word: "likeness." He did not say "equal" to Him." Only God is perfect and has never sinned. Now if you're thinking, well then that makes Christianity too, "exclusive" and/or "narrow minded." Right! It is! And for a good purpose. Read, Matt. 7:13-14. If you have a problem with this, it's with God, not with me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 9:51:38 AM PST
Anne Rice says:
Religious poppycock.
There are billions of people all over the world
who have a "relationship" with the god in whom they believe
and it has nothing to do with any mythical "Garden of Eden"
that never existed or any mythical man or woman there who "sinned."
What utter nonsense.
Lies have consequences. And when "Christians" brag that they have the
one absolute path to God they do immense harm in the world.
I'm frankly sick to death of their falsehoods, fantasies and deliberate lies.
Enough.
Stop trying to hurt the rest of us.
Respect the human heart and the human mind and
the human quest for God.
Show some compassion for your fellow human beings and some
respect for their dignity and integrity.
And stop trying to shove your religion down other people's throats.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 12:10:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2012 12:24:37 PM PST
IAMReigns says:
The tone of your posts, yes, it does show your heart...a total lack of respect for others; this is sadly the "love everybody" mantra that sounds good but cannot be sustained as it is based on man's efforts and not the Spirit of the Lord.

The Heart of the Lord is love for others; not talk about compassion and then act like the devil. In John 8 there were people who told the Lord Jesus that God was their father and the Lord told them that by their actions the proved that their father was satan or the devil...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 12:21:13 PM PST
IAMReigns says:
Christianity was not meant to be a religion; but when men turn it out to be rules and regulations and controlling others without empowering others to seek a RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LIVING GOD AS THEIR FATHER; then christianity becomes a religion like any other.

Many of the RELIGIOUS traits of christianity, can be traced back to the roman catholic church, as history proves that even Martin Luther who was supposedly a "rebel" against the roman catholic system, still believed in things like infant baptism and wanted to enlist the support of the pope. He also endorsed the burning of the ana-baptists who opposed his views!

So whatever you call it, we have to look at the fruits of the lives of the people who preach it and the fruits of those who receive the teaching. Are the people reflecting the Glory of the Lord Jesus and living as Sons of God - 1John 4:17 tells us we are just like the Lord as we live NOW. Romans 8 tells us that those who are the Sons of God are led by the Spirit of the Lord.

John 1 tells us that the Lord Jesus gave those who believed in Him the power to be the Sons of God...what does believing mean, when you read His Words in Matthew 7:15-23? It means actively living His Life, as He tells us that He is the Vine and we are the branches, we manifest His Faith, His Love, His Joy, His freedom, His healing, freedom from oppression, worry (see Phil 4:6)...

A person is not born again from their head; they are born again from their inner man (the Heart) and it is only then that they will manifest the true Life and Identity of being One and in the Lord...no difference. When people see a person who is in Him, they seem Him, in His Glory and power and character.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 12:43:24 PM PST
Anne Rice says:
Many who have had Near Death Experiences, like the author of this book
have come back with the message that we are here to love and to serve.
For many of us, this means truly trying to love all our brothers and sisters
in this world.
This is not an easy task but it is a profoundly worthy task.

This is of course --- sadly --- very difficult for many religious people to understand.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 12:46:02 PM PST
Anne Rice says:
This comes across to me as more religious poppycock.
You say you're not religious but all you talk here is some sort of
religion.
It comes across as "born again" Protestant Christianity.
I frankly find this a very unhealthy form of religion.

I wonder why you would come to a site like this to peddle this
particularly dark and narrow religion.

The book being discussed here is a very beautiful and wonderful book.
I think it has an important message for many.
It's about the unconditional love of God.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 12:49:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2012 1:03:06 PM PST
IAMReigns says:
First, the author - the doctor refers to the God of the Bible, and that he encountered an experience based on the Promises of the God of the Bible; not any religion including christianity. Many people find it hard to separate the religion of christianity with a relationship with The God of the Bible, who christians claim to have. A religion is not free; it is rules and regulations without a relationship with the Living God as Father, where you speak to your Father and you know His Heart and He shares His Heart with you.

In his interviews, depending on the forum, the author of the book changed his message, which I find personally distasteful. He probably thought with men's wisdom and felt it would not be accepted if he spoke in terms of the Bible and the God of the Bible.

So your claim of all religions are peaceful and will lead you to the joyful river, cannot be connected with the book.

In a generic sense I will say without hesitation that that message is A LIE FROM THE PITS OF HELL...why do I say that? because I was part of it coming from a country that had buddhism listed in its constitution as being the official religion of the nation.

I was into Hinduism, spiritism etc. and I knew that unless I accepted the death and sacrifice of the Lord Jesus who paid the price in the spirit realm for my sins, which were in my bloodline, I could never be free or have true Peace and Joy. buddha and all the pagan "god" will keep you in bondage and fear. In a crisis you get NO help...you are lied to further and told that is your fate or karma...so the bondage is cyclical.

In the Lord Jesus He paid the FULL PRICE so you can always go boldly to the Throne of Father and defeat every work of satan that tries to come against you. That is the WORD OF GOD; NOT what many christian denominations and churches teach. In fact the Bible tells us that the Lord Jesus said that He knew where satan sat in church!

I am passionate about The TRUTH, because I knew the garbage and suffering of the lie...

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 12:56:38 PM PST
Anne Rice says:
For me, "born again" Protestant Christianity is a particularly dark and destructive
form of religion. It's a really sinister brand.
Right now, I think we see a lot of this dark pessimistic cult in the Christianity
Forum on Amazon and apparently bleeding over into sites like this.
This brand of Christian religion, I personally think, is particularly destructive because
it offers such a narrow and vicious view of God.
As I understand it, these "born again" people, their God is essentially a trickster.
One has to happen on the right passage in the Gospel of John and then say the right
things to this Trickster God before one is "saved."
The whole idea smacks of superstition and magic.
And of course the vast majority of humans
created in this world, past and present, don't ever even hear of the Christian bible, so unfortunately --- according to these "born agains," these billions of men women and children wind up going to Hell.

I don't know of any cult that is uglier or has an uglier view of God.

Most of the bitter arguments in the Christianity Forum and in places like this have to do
with versions of God.
We are, most of us, deeply committed to our version of God. We are committed to our
deep lifelong personal relationship with God.
And when "born agains" come here peddling their cruel God, well, some one like me is going to
take deep offense.

I urge people to stand up to "born again" Christians. Tell them point blank:
we want none of your "cruel God."
There is no real evidence that their "cruel God" exists. He is an illusion of their
own making. They've extracted quotes from the Christian bible to create this God
for themselves and create a system in which they see themselves as privileged persons
"elected" by him to go to their heaven while others burn in their vast and unending Hell.
This is pretty horrible.

People the world over seek to know God; there are billions seeking him in many
different ways.
This is a beautiful thing.
The picture of a tyrant trickster God who makes himself known only to one small
Western Protestant cult of "born agains" is an insult not only to God, but to
his children as well.
That's my personal opinion.

One could feel sorry for "born agains" if they weren't so aggressive in trying to make others
feel bad about themselves and their faith and their Creator.
Of course these poor misguided souls think they're doing "good." They are going to insult
and berate and nag others into believing in their nasty Hellfire God.

But how does that work exactly?

How many "born agains" were themselves nagged and insulted into becoming what they are today?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 12:57:18 PM PST
Anne Rice says:
And you seem to like poppycock.
Have you read Eben Alexander's book?
Or you simply here to try make other people feel bad?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  86
Initial post:  Oct 14, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 16, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife
Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife by Eben Alexander III M. D. (Paperback - October 23, 2012)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (9,212)