5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously catchy
Correction: I just successfully read/studied to it. Please disregard that part of my original review and do not let it discourage you from enjoying it for these and other similar purposes.

=====================

Published on October 4, 2011 by Real Raleigh Reviewer

1.0 out of 5 stars Sound Quality of vinyl
I own their first indie album on vinyl and it sounds awesome. I 1 starred this one because the sound quality is terrible. If you like the music then get the cd or mp3s because you will be letdown at the sound of the vinyl.
Published 1 month ago by Unknown Guitarist

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously catchy, October 4, 2011

=====================

(Funny aside: I have to bleep the name of the band, or Amazon auto-rejects the review... even though it's right there on the product listing a few lines up! Ha!)

I just found my way to Starfkr- heard about them quite a bit, but never heard THEM. I picked this album as the place to dive in based on Amazon reviews. You have to listen through a couple of times to get your head wrapped around it, but once there, you can't get back out. I couldn't stop listening to it. This is high quality weird funky electronica. It starts with "Born", spunky, funky, washes you away with a whole wave of "wtf?" and "ahhhhh, cool!". It starts strong and stays strong. Get picked up with Born and twirl around with a kind of electronic hip-hop post-disco hurricane in Julius. The disco vibe gets strong with Bury us Alive, blended with a fine contemporary indie lyric. Mellow the disco funk into the halting, pleasing, cleverly choppy-fluid title track. This album is peppy, it pops. GREAT music for getting you going in the morning. Great for exercising. Great music to play in the car. Not great music to play for quiet concentration, like reading or studying - it GRABS your attention and doesn't let go. This is NOT background noise.

Now, having enjoyed this insane-yet-rational, tremendously clever production I was absolutely, involuntarily compelled to snap up (digital) copies of self-title and Jupiter, which are GOOD, worth having and enjoying, but found this latest effort also to be the best. There are a lot of common themes among them but for whatever reason, Reptilians seems like the most whole, most complete, most interesting, most engaging, well-constructed production. It really just hangs together the best. The point is, you can't go wrong here. I wouldn't even recommend listening to the previews... nothing but spoilers! Grab a copy, crank it up in the car or at home or on the MP3 player, make sure it's LOUD, and be prepared to be totally wowed!

Kudos to the good people of Starfkr. Keep it rolling!

5.0 out of 5 stars Electronic Gem, January 14, 2012
This review is from: Reptilians (Audio CD)
I previewed this album after reading a random review about it. I'm a big fan of the growing electronic indie rock genre and bought this album based on that interest and the seemingly decent reviews I could find on it. This is my introduction to the band and I have to say that this album was the biggest surprise of the year for me. I absolutely love it; probably one of my top few favorites of 2011.

The album keeps your interest with a variety of synths layered on electronic bass and pleasant guitar riffs changing throughout each track. The lyrics meld perfectly with the layering as well - a not-too-annoying falsetto that is a nice twist. The album is high energy top to bottom and very diverse in its use of different electronic bass effects and synths that provide the listener with a great mood by the end of the record. Definitely can't wait for more from this Band.

Check it out if you like: Crystal Castles, Sleigh Bells, Hot Chip, Cut Copy

FYI If you write a review, refrain from using the Band's name in the review because your review will get rejected as 'obscene'. Ridiculous.

5.0 out of 5 stars The contemplation of death and the acceptance of death is very highly generative of creative life, January 7, 2012
This review is from: Reptilians (MP3 Music)
The most fun you will ever have dancing to an album about death, the meaning of existence, and our evil alien overlords. Better still, a STRFKR live show is unmatched in its energy and vibe. If you get a chance to see them, do not pass it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, April 13, 2011
This review is from: Reptilians (MP3 Music)
STRFKR has made a great album here. Should be considered one of the best of the year in my opinion. It is groovy, rocking, atmospheric, and endlessly catchy. There are samples of a philosopher's lecture on death thrown in here and there, and they really help make the songs seem more immediate and meaningful. Give it a full listen and i'm sure you will be just as entertained as I was the first time I heard it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, one of the best this year, but buy directly from Polyvinyl, September 11, 2011
Tristan C. (San Jose, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reptilians (Audio CD)
This is one of my favorite pop/indie/electronic albums in years. If you are a fan of Ratatat, MGMT, or similar bands, you can't live without this.

I wanted to also add that this album includes two bonus tracks if you buy it directly from the record company's store:
[...]

It also costs $8 and 20% of it goes to the Japan relief effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Radical... dude., May 5, 2011
This review is from: Reptilians (MP3 Music)
These guys are totally radical. In a sea of rocky plateaus and barren wastelands, a comet has passed us by--sent from the heavens above to rock us hard like we've f'd a star. These guys are amazing. Listen to them once and you'll keep coming back for more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sound Quality of vinyl, May 25, 2014
This review is from: Reptilians (Vinyl)

5.0 out of 5 stars WOWWWWW!!!, July 17, 2013
This review is from: Reptilians (Audio CD)
I have not been so moved by a band as I have been by this band. They brought out so many emotions, each distinct in every song. Their sound is so alive and easy to love. I refuse to believe that any alternative or indie lover could possibly hate this album. It is SOOOOO GOOOD. Every time you have been blown away by one song the next one starts and just takes off. Absolutely melodic and mesmerizing, danceable, sad, happy and just so full of life. Key tracks JULIUS is a haunting and melodic opener to the album, BURY US ALIVE is uplifting and makes you want to jump for joy, MYSTERY CLOUD is a soul crusher but is so melodic that you fall in love and MILLIONS is pure bliss in indie dance heartbreaking celebration. If you want one of those albums you will listen to years from now, BUY THIS ALBUM!! After you listen to this album, go see the band live. Then you will forever love the band.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes a few listens to really get into it, April 29, 2013
This review is from: Reptilians (MP3 Music)
Probably one of the best albums I have heard in a long time, it is very "chill" and groovy at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars uyyyyeyeysysyeysye, March 3, 2013
This review is from: Reptilians (MP3 Music)
I love this album and thies e fnsongs andnf kit he songd sbe awesome sawudxe ai try to eit wi

Reptilians
Reptilians by Starfucker (Audio CD - 2011)
Rate and Discover Movies