- Sorry, this item is not available in
- Image not available
- To view this video download Flash Player
|Price:||$22.55 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$17.40 (44%)|
SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES:
• New, restored high-definition digital transfer with uncompressed monaural soundtrack
• Audio commentary featuring director Roman Polanski and actress Catherine Deneuve
• A British Horror Film (2003), a documentary on the making of Repulsion, featuring interviews with Polanski, producer Gene Gutowski, and cinematographer Gil Taylor
• A 1964 television documentary filmed on the set of Repulsion, featuring rare footage of Polanski and Deneuve at work
• Theatrical trailer
• PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by film scholar and curator Bill Horrigan
| || |
If Catherine Deneuve hadn't been as hot as she was, I wouldn't have gone the 50 minutes into this that I did.
I must say that the fact that it is Black and white helps this film, it gives it so much atmosphere and makes it feel chilling before anything strange happens.
Polanski keeps the film mostly within the apartment so that the audience feels the claustrophobia and horror with Deneuve.
Most of the horror is not overt. You have to think about why things are scary. Good imagery, beautiful camera work.Published 23 days ago by KeeB
Kind of boring. Thought it would have been better coming from Roman Polanski.Published 26 days ago by horror junkie
As always the blu rays from Criterion are the standard
for everybody else. Besides that this movie is a must
in any cinephile collection.
Excellent blu ray. The sound is good, the picture is good, the extras are good, everything is good. The audio commentary by Polanski is a real treat for any Polanski fan. Read morePublished 2 months ago by pianoguy87