Published on August 20, 2012 by Y. Huang

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, but vague explanations.
While it is easy to read and follow the material in the book, I am finding that a lot of the content, especially the word definitions are too vague. I find myself spending extra time looking up definitions and concepts from outside sources.
Published 11 months ago by Suzi

5.0 out of 5 stars finally a perfect book for teaching Research Methods in a psychology programme, August 20, 2012
This review is from: Research Methods in Psychology: Evaluating a World of Information (Paperback)
I picked up the book at a conference. As a instructor for Research Methods course in the university, I have used two other textbooks in the past. I wasn't fully satisfied with either of them. Then I came across the brochure of the book which caught my attention and then after going over the book thoroughly, I am very very satisfied. The book is clearly written with examples to help the readers in understanding the concepts. Highly recommended it to anyone who needs to take Research Methods even if your instructor does not choose to use this book for the course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Undergraduate Research Methods, January 9, 2013
Acacia C. Parks (Hiram, OH United States) - See all my reviews
I teach research methods at a small college and I love love LOVE this book. The chapters are concise and highly accessible. The instructor materials include a variety of publicly accessible media clips (a huge benefit) as well as suggestions for in-class activities, which I am finding very useful. The book makes methods really engaging and relevant, which is great for a topic that can easily become dry. I highly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, but vague explanations., September 15, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Well-written introductory textbook, August 3, 2013
Excellent illustrative examples in every chapter. It's very comprehensive in what it covers. Has a very useful statistics overview in the appendix. Sometimes I felt she overloaded chapters (for example, did we really need 3 way factorials?). Needs to be proofread again. Its full of typos & it's even missing answers to some chapter study questions. The Learning Actively chapter exercises are well constructed & provide useful practice. But the online study space for this text is lame. It includes vocab flash cards & 25 multiple choice questions for each chapter that are way too easy. The questions my instructor selected for each chapter quiz were much harder.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good introductory text, June 13, 2014
A little dry in spots, but it's a textbook about research methods. You can't make it much more interesting, but it has really good examples and explanations.

4.0 out of 5 stars On Target, April 9, 2014
My PSY350 class is using Research Methods in Psychology as o text, and it has been very useful and informative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Textbook with Online Guide, March 30, 2014
Chapters are short and concise. The book comes with an online help guide that includes flashcards and quizzes. This was the best textbook I have ever used in a class. It was highly informative without taking me forever to read; I actually kept up with my reading! The online site was very useful as a study tool. Quality of the book was great, came just as described (I bought it used).

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy, March 4, 2014
This was one of the easiest textbooks I have ever read through. The concepts are clear and concise, and the chapters are fairly organized with easy to spot headers and satisfactory chart and graph examples; I've never had a problem with them. The author tends to repeat previous information sometimes which is a definite plus for me with the gradual reinforcement. Examples are modern and relevant. I actually kept this book instead of selling it off for future reference in my major.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book. Great shipping., February 22, 2014
Brand new book, which is great for a rental. The subject isn't my favorite but the book keeps things interesting and the shipping was Amazon's standard fast.

4.0 out of 5 stars research methods class, February 17, 2013
very easy to read book. i absolutely dont mind reading it. even though its serious material, it is broken down into easy, everyday english.

Research Methods in Psychology: Evaluating a World of Information
Research Methods in Psychology: Evaluating a World of Information by Beth Morling (Paperback - October 6, 2011)
$92.92