Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

92%
Format: Paperback|Change

on April 28, 2016
This is hands-down the worst book I've read this year. No, make that the worst book I have picked up or even touched this year. It is a dumbed-down mixture of "The Secret," neoliberal dogma, thinly veiled racism, and meaningless platitudes. Page by page, I could feel my brain cells dying. This garbage contradicts itself and doesn't even care. Wealth "cannot be created or destroyed," but it can apparently be "generated." Sure, you'll generate plenty of wealth if you write a sh***y book and convince a bunch of would-be upwardly mobile dopes to pay good money for it.

Here is an actual quotation from this book: "If you simply remove a man from the ghetto, he takes the ghetto with him. However, if you remove the ghetto from the man, he is free to go where he wants and leave the ghetto behind." HOW IS THIS RACIST TRIPE GOING TO HELP ME ACHIEVE MY FINANCIAL GOALS?

You could pick up literally any other book about personal finance and get more substantive, less ideological, and more useful information.

Please don't waste your dollars on this book. After all, as Reynolds helpfully explains, "There are only 100 pennies in a dollar." Marvin Reynolds deserves none of them for this waste of good ink and paper.
on January 22, 2014
I have not read this book but plan to now that I am buying it now. I do know the author Marvin Reynolds and have learned much of what he teaches in this book. He is a person of high-integrity and high competence. I know others who he mentors and follow his teachings and they love what he teaches them.
on June 10, 2014
This is one of those books that more people need to read. It is full of powerful advice from real experience and Marvin is the real deal. Reset YOUR Barcode will teach you some immediately implementable advice through a series of parables that help you understand not just how you should manage your money but why you should manage your money in certain ways. It is a quick and easy read that will set you down a corrected path towards financial independence. I highly recommend it.
on January 22, 2014
I love the "not so" common sense that this book makes. The financial principles are well explained. This is a great road map to financial freedom - something I think every individual and nation desperately needs.
on February 4, 2014
Best financial book I've read. Easy to read in a few hours. I love that you get to do simple thought provoking exercises at the end of each chapter. It has so many good one liners, that help me remember my financial goals and objectives. I like that it shows you how to put together a one page financial plan that covers every area of my financial picture. I enjoyed reading the book because it's not your typical boring financial book. I'm teaching my 8 year old the 14 financial principles because they are so universal to all ages. Great book, I recommend it to anyone!
on February 24, 2014
The book expressed a five-step method that will improve both your personal and financial worth. I enjoyed reading the different experience scenarios and their application to attain real-life goals. I especially enjoyed the "Johnny Appleseed" Experience--planting seeds that will help or improve the lives of others. I felt this book far exceeds its worth as a financial tool in that it can be applied to personal growth and strength as well.
on February 26, 2014
Principles that can benefit everyone and can be implemented at any time in their life.
Better sooner than later, but better late than never.
Easy to read, follow and understand.
Easy to implement.
Plain and simple good advice from someone who obviously cares.
on February 24, 2014
It is very fundamental and could be of great help to mostly people in age group 16 to 60.
I have given copies to children and grandchildren. It can benefit them in many ways of financial management
and in good living principles.
on February 24, 2014
Everybody should read this book, including (especially) financial professionals! Utilize the information provided and take charge of your financial freedom for good!
on April 16, 2014
WOW this book contains lots of good ideas to rethink how you feel about saving and spending money. Will put some of these ideas into practice